Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2004, 15:47   #1
Super Moderator

Let Down By The Press...Again

So, once again, the Evening Telegraph have sullied the club's name by referring to a fan of another club as an "Accrington Stanley hooligan".

I would like to know a couple of things; firstly, why the local press seem determined to create bad publicity for us and, secondly, why do the police refer to these fans as "Accrington Stanley hooligans" in the first place? The latest one is Burnley season ticket holder, so what the hell has he got to do with us??!!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2004, 15:53   #2
I am Banned

Re: Let Down By The Press...Again

probably because he lives in accy

somebody phone up and complain it is not fair on the club

i would but im on hol.
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 16:14   #3

what are the press thinking of???? the thug in question may live in accy but is a season ticket holder at burnley surely even a journalist can work this one out. the telegraph should be made to publish a front page apology to stanley and if not the club should seriously think about banning them from stanley games....once could be put down to an error of judgement.....twice would appear to be some sort of campaign to besmirch the good name of stanley.
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 16:15   #4
God Member

He lives in Ossy, thats what he's got do do with us.

The Telegraph are quite crafty on this; they first say "Described as an Accrington Stanley Fan" & then in the next paragraph say "described by police as an Accrington Stanley Fan"...they're very careful in naming who's describing him, (but it's not the telegraph.)

I think this article is simply designed to stir up publicity and get an argument going, nowt else than that
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 17:54   #5

All authorities involved should know that the only trouble caused at Stanley (the little that there is) is all caused by so called Burnley 'fans' who cant be bothered to travel to cause bother so who come down to the Stanley because they see it as an 'easy option'. If I remember rightly, and if it is the same moron, then this bother happened at a match not involving Stanley. As far as I recall I haven't ever seen any 'Stanley hooligans' at the Crown. I suppose the LET are just reporting what others have said.....but maybe it would be wise for them to let Eric have a say...meaning that if he is an 'Accrington Stanley hooligan' then he would be known to the club.....my money says that the club and us (the supporters) have hardly seen this idiot at the Crown.
Old 28-07-2004, 18:15   #6
Senior Member+

the only trouble i have seen is when coley and the aldershot manager had a little
disagreement

i dont think all this STANLEY HOLLIGANISM has come from
is it to get stanley fans buying thier paper
Old 28-07-2004, 18:45   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy

i dont think all this STANLEY HOLLIGANISM has come from
is it to get stanley fans buying thier paper
doubt that would work.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 19:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
He lives in Ossy, thats what he's got do do with us.

The Telegraph are quite crafty on this; they first say "Described as an Accrington Stanley Fan" & then in the next paragraph say "described by police as an Accrington Stanley Fan"...they're very careful in naming who's describing him, (but it's not the telegraph.)

I think this article is simply designed to stir up publicity and get an argument going, nowt else than that
It isnt the same one that beat up a blackburn fan on a bus is it.

Burnley fans seem to be uncivilised, i cant go to burnley with a rovers shirt on yet i am in danger on my own "turf".
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 23:00   #9

Glass Houses comes to mind.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 02:20   #10
Senior Member+

Why?.........explain

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 08:06   #11

I wouldn't even dream of wearing a Rovers top in Burnley (or anywhere else for that matter!) and vice versa! Or a Liverpool top in Manchester (or Surrey!), Newcastle top in Sunderland etc. I have never understood why people have their clubs sticker in the back window of their cars - it just seems to say "put my windscreen through please"......

I think CC was referring to the fact that Rovers fans aren't angels either - they have a hooligan element just like Burnley....just seems that it always seems to be the ones in Claret and Blue shirts who act like walking lobotomies (sp?) at the Crown. Apologies to true Burnley fans - this is purely my observation.
Old 29-07-2004, 16:44   #12
Senior Member+

Point taken I thought he was refering to Accy fans who have no history of holliganism or as far as I know lobotomies either.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 14:31   #13

Question Re: Let Down By The Press...Again

How stupid can a journalist be? Its like calling me a Brighton and Hove Albion thug/yob

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 14:35   #14
Senior Member+

arnt u?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 19:07   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
So, once again, the Evening Telegraph have sullied the club's name by referring to a fan of another club as an "Accrington Stanley hooligan".

I would like to know a couple of things; firstly, why the local press seem determined to create bad publicity for us and, secondly, why do the police refer to these fans as "Accrington Stanley hooligans" in the first place? The latest one is Burnley season ticket holder, so what the hell has he got to do with us??!!
Nowt
They should get their facts right first before drawing Stanley into it, and the police should know better.
Just because he lives in Accy, so what?
Many Man Utd fans live south of Oxford.
davy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..