Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2016, 20:03   #31
God Member

Re: Leyton Orient Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yep so why on bench when jimmys nephew had a complete stinker?
Really? Were we watching the same game - yes, Sean made a couple of mistakes but on the whole had a decent game - trouble is some see 'Jimmy's nephew' & look no further, preferring to pounce on his said mistakes than give him any credit
baldy and maccawozzagod like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2016, 22:07   #32
Full Member+

What a great result on such a lovely day. The atmosphere was boosted by the big crowd. There were some folk there today i hadn't seen on the Crown Ground in years. Onwards and upwards for the boys in red!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 22:12   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Ok lets have some honesty or are yeh incapable, how many times do yeh see that super player pull out of the tackle, not just today every match? thats as well as the mistakes yeh saw. I may be outspoken but ive never been blind.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-03-2016, 22:45   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ok lets have some honesty or are yeh incapable, how many times do yeh see that super player pull out of the tackle, not just today every match? thats as well as the mistakes yeh saw. I may be outspoken but ive never been blind.
I, for one, was being honest. Yes he can infuriate folk and yes I sometimes wish he would be subbed or even left on the bench (as I thought he might be today) however, today he played well and deserves some of the accolades. I do agree, he does tend to shy away from the tackles and yes that can infuriate, but today I saw some excellent crosses into the area and lets face it, the strikers are not going to get on every ball, he took some excellent corners today and ran passed defenders to get the cross in, he also shot straight at the keeper (twice) when it would have been easier to lob the keeper, but for once, I am NOT complaining
AccyMad likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 22:54   #35
Senior Member+

People says ran should have scored,I was right behind in and he opened his body and tucked it in the corner only for Alex to save it with trailing leg.
If it's easy to score can someone tell me why Messi has miss so many from 12 yards this season !!!
Thought he played his part today and he set the goal up with a great pass with the outside of his foot,real quality,which we needed to open them up
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 22:57   #36
Senior Member+

Sorry about the spelling,predictive txt kills me ������
Greeny likes this.
Old 26-03-2016, 08:24   #37
God Member

Quote:
saw it the same myself. should have put the game to bed but had to rely on our solid defence to see us through. the only thing in his favour is that its about 11 players on the pitch not one. could be coley, jimmy and the players like it better with sean playing and he completes the jig saw well.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 08:50   #38
Senior Member+

If you watch the highlights of the game, Sean is involved in every attack shown, Coincidence?

Hopefully signing Fosu will keep Sean and Piero on their toes!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 26-03-2016, 09:09   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
If you watch the highlights of the game, Sean is involved in every attack shown, Coincidence?

watched the full 95 mins, and will stick with my post above. football is all about opinions. there,ll be regulars who don,t rate other players we have for other reasons which I can,t see.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 09:13   #40
God Member

I never called Sean a super player Cashy, football is all about opinions everyone's entitled to theirs - my point was others make mistakes, of course they do - they're human not robots but no-one else seems to get singled out for criticism like he does.
No need to call anyone incapable of being honest just because their opinion is different
Old 26-03-2016, 09:25   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

know its all about opinions, my point being the times he pulls out of a tackle every game, sometimes leaving us in what could be a bad situation,that may be good enough for some, but it aint for me. none of his acolytes ever mentions his doing this, look back over many posts, i have said when he has done well. so the fact some dont to me is a lack of honesty, which ever way it cuts.
Old 26-03-2016, 09:31   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Not if he is to become yet another bench warmer. I really cannot see the point of adding to the squad if the additions remain unused. I would have thought that with another game to come on Monday, some of the team would have been rested in the last 10/15 minutes in view of the effort they had put in.

Just a few other random thoughts from yesterday. Scott Brown is such a very different player from Matt Crooks - far less flamboyant, far less prominent. But I would dare to suggest that we have not missed Crooksy at all - we have conceded only 1 goal in 3 games during his absence.

It was interesting to compare the performance of our two full backs with that of Nicky Hunt. Brad and Matt were full of running and always posing a threat to the opposition. The sight of Nicky Hunt blatantly tripping Sean McConville (why wasn't he booked?) summed up a very lacklustre performance from the full back.

Finally, I often have the opportunity to travel back with opposition fans. Most of us have to look at opposition websites and forums for their opinions but spoken words, person to person, are more telling than the thoughts of keyboard warriors. The group of Orient fans who accompanied me to Crewe were full of praise for Stanley. They were especially impressed by our organisation and our performance as a team. They thought our defence was magnificent - the first time that they had seen Jay Simpson look so anonymous.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 09:43   #43
God Member

Orient's press team sat begin us had similar praise for our lads, (once they'd gotten over the cosiness of the space they were allocated ) - was good to hear such comments from them, a welcome change from some who have occupied the press benches
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-03-2016, 09:46   #44
Senior Member+

We were very organised all game RR.
To be fair,Scott sits in so we have a true holding two,were crooks loves to join in all over the pitch.
One makes us solid,one makes us exciting.
For me,as playing surfaces deteriorate,I would be looking to be solid in our run in,but you have to play him as he's top draw.
baldy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-03-2016, 09:54   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
For me,as playing surfaces deteriorate,I would be looking to be solid in our run in
I hope we are ready for the mixture of mud and sand that pretends to be a football pitch at Newport!
yonmon likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..