Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2016, 09:59   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Leyton Orient Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
We were very organised all game RR.
To be fair,Scott sits in so we have a true holding two,were crooks loves to join in all over the pitch.
One makes us solid,one makes us exciting.
For me,as playing surfaces deteriorate,I would be looking to be solid in our run in,but you have to play him as he's top draw.
Definately in my eyes,this season is the first un, we have a chance of automatic place solid is the main priority on this run in, our defence has been top drawer as of late, the midfield are very solid, which is why i'm banging on about a player who dont know the meaning of solid, we need players with heart in my view for this run in.
Old 26-03-2016, 10:03   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I hope we are ready for the mixture of mud and sand that pretends to be a football pitch at Newport!
plus plenty of hoofball and in your face defenders. be a different proposition from orient. need good shinpads .
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 10:26   #48
God Member

Quote:
I hope we are ready for the mixture of mud and sand that pretends to be a football pitch at Newport!
Yeah, sand! I'll take me bucket & spade for the post match celebrations
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 10:30   #49
God Member

Quote:
Not to mention the forecast rain and gale force winds
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 13:36   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not to mention the forecast rain and gale force winds
Or that there's a rugby match scheduled to be played there tomorrow - should make the pitch even more interesting?
Old 26-03-2016, 14:39   #51
God Member

Will be tricky playing the 'beautiful game' wearing wellies.
Old 26-03-2016, 14:55   #52
God Member

That'd give a whole new meaning to the phrase 'give it some welly'! Sorry . . . . . I'll get me coat
Old 26-03-2016, 18:15   #53
Senior Member+

Well for one reason or another only my 3rd game this season, really enjoyable day out.

I actually enjoyed the 10 minutes queue to get a ticket for Clayton End........ Has the town FINALLY woken up?/ Or was it a combination of a nice day and no game at Turf Moor or Ewood? Not sure, but I haven't seen the ground so busy in a LONG time.

As for the game itself, as others have said, it was pretty much a non-event, apart from or goal and Mr messiah Mcconville missing more sitters. In the end it didn't matter, but I really am staggered at how poor he is compared to the rest of the team. Quite clearly MILES off the pace for me.

As for the rest I thought Mingoia, Kee and Halliday where absolutely magnificent. What a trio they are, if we go up it would be superb to keep hold of them next season.

Also must mention Etheridge in goal.... he has had to wait a LONG time for a chance but really does the look the part to me.

Will be at the Cambridge game next Saturday.

On Stanley On.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 03:39   #54
God Member

A belated YAHOOOOOOO. Had to catch a plane to Christchurch (daughters wedding) real early Sat.morn and when I left the score was 1-0. Had to wait till plane landed before I got final score.Been computer free for a couple of days, and wouldn't have cared in the slightest if wedding had turned to custard because Stanley winning was what this weekend is all about.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 09:07   #55
God Member

Glad to see you have your priorities sorted, KJ, and congratulations to your daughter. I'm sure she will love the Stanley shirt you got her as a wedding present.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..