Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2015, 16:57   #16
God Member

Re: Leyton Orient Thread.

GREAT STUFF you men in red. Absolute fab.....now for my men in black to do the bizzo.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2015, 16:58   #17
Super Moderator

Y-e-e-e-s!
Old 31-10-2015, 17:00   #18
Senior Member+

Great team performance again !....we are as good as anyone in the League, and optimism must be sky high in the dressing room !.
Thanks to Dan Jewell for a skilful commentary on Radio Lancs, and we'll done the 134 fans who made the trip to th'East End !!
keep the faith and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 17:04   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Great team performance again !....we are as good as anyone in the League, and optimism must be sky high in the dressing room !.
Thanks to Dan Jewell for a skilful commentary on Radio Lancs, and we'll done the 134 fans who made the trip to th'East End !!
was great to have have the full game.
yonmon and keep the faith like this.
Old 31-10-2015, 17:42   #20
Senior Member+

Well what can I say! On the Wirral visiting my latest nephew and heard Josh had scored. To win in the east end against a team that will, no doubt, be there or thereabouts is fantastic. Lets hope the injury list is fairly small, i.e. just Adam Buxton and Bruna, keep the crux of the team together and who knows where we will end up. Only fourth on goal difference from Pompey. Hopefully, not too many managers come poaching our players in January and Mr Holt has the foresight to get those on contracts which end in June are signed up for another 12 months at the least so that if any players are poached, we will get a decent fee to add to the monies available to replace the players who leave
andyd likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 17:53   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Well what can I say! On the Wirral visiting my latest nephew and heard Josh had scored. To win in the east end against a team that will, no doubt, be there or thereabouts is fantastic. Lets hope the injury list is fairly small, i.e. just Adam Buxton and Bruna, keep the crux of the team together and who knows where we will end up. Only fourth on goal difference from Pompey. Hopefully, not too many managers come poaching our players in January and Mr Holt has the foresight to get those on contracts which end in June are signed up for another 12 months at the least so that if any players are poached, we will get a decent fee to add to the monies available to replace the players who leave
Excellent win today this team going from strength to strength a clean sheet today which is pleasing against a side with the leagues top scorer in it but if Josh keep,s it up that will soon be us, agree with Outback with this secure financial scenerio let,s secure players down if they want it of course contracts work both ways onto next week and a nice little cup run would be nice and further bolster our finances.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 17:58   #22
Senior Member+

Make no mistake this was no fluke,I think they only had one effort in the second half,front to back we were excellent,but have to say their fans were different class and applauded our players,really taken to their club,and the beers not bad 😄😄
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 18:00   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Hopefully, not too many managers come poaching our players in January
If the lads keep performing as they are the next step up isn't an impossibility. Just maybe, they'd like to go up together & onto bigger & better things as a team, you'd like to think so.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 31-10-2015, 18:03   #24
God Member

Here I go again-another day in heaven. Thank u STANLEY and ABs
sherry likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 18:35   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Looks like a good playing surface,just left the riff raff in the bar whilst I make my way to the directors box
Less of the riff raff you
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 18:39   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
Hopefully, not too many managers come poaching our players in January and Mr Holt has the foresight to get those on contracts which end in June are signed up for another 12 months at the least so that if any players are poached, we will get a decent fee to add to the monies available to replace the players who leave
Signing up our better prospects has to be an urgent priority in my opinion.....whilst we say we don't need to sell, we don't want to be getting turned over for a pittance whilst losing key players.

I know whilst Coley has said ( & rightly so ) that we won't be splashing out on new additions, we are hardly speculating by rewarding our own key performers with longer contracts and improved terms ( within our means obviously ). If players like that lad (whose name escapes me !!) from Exeter who went to Derby.... can attract a fee of £1.75 million, then what price would we put on the likes of Josh Windass...etc, etc ???

If we keep this side together; and keep the squad fit and free from suspension, there's no reason why we couldn't get an automatic spot this term.

The financial benefits of promotion to what is already a predominantly Northern based League 1 would keep this club moving forward and on to the next level. Those key players transfer values would then be worth a lot more if they were then performing at the higher level !!

A cup run would also boost the coffers, though that could also de-rail a promotion charge....for me I'd take promotion over a cup run !!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 18:48   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Less of the riff raff you
😂😂😂😂😂,can't really acknowledge you now I am in directors box !!,
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 20:12   #28
God Member

Quote:
Mr Holt has the foresight to get those on contracts which end in June are signed up for another 12 months at the least so that if any players are poached,
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I know whilst Coley has said ( & rightly so ) that we won't be splashing out on new additions, we are hardly speculating by rewarding our own key performers with longer contracts and improved terms ( within our means obviously ).
Coley did say something about this on Wednesday night, it's not as easy to get them to sign longer contracts as you might think.
Old 31-10-2015, 20:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
😂😂😂😂😂,can't really acknowledge you now I am in directors box !!,
Yer patter was naff anyway
football19 likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 20:22   #30
God Member

Not sure how much F19 could see from the directors' box without the aid of binoculars (without mentioning the effect of the excellent ale he had afore kick off) but the rest of us riff-raf witnessed yet another outstanding performance from Stanley.
Deserved the points for taking the chance when it arrived. I think the O's fans were double shocked that Mr.Windass got behind their defence and wasn't flagged offside, and then had the nous to slot it in past Cisak. Stanley's goal did have a force field around it though very early on when there was a goal-line melee that made the Alamo look like a Sunday picnic. This was closely followed by a superb one hand save by Mr.Mooney. But once that early scare was weathered, Stanley played some delightful football in the first half. Crooks was especially influential, but the whole team were solid.
Orient, who I thought weren't a bad team, either chose or were reduced to lofting high balls from the wings into the box as their principal means of attack. Their No 9 was Mullen-like in his ability to get his head to the high balls, but his efforts rarely came to anything as Stanley's defence just cleared matters up. Their top scorer was really well marshalled by the back line, and barely threatened.
Not fair to single out any one player as they all produced the goods but I did notice the ability of Mr. Conneely, especially in the second half as Orient got more and more desperate, to make himself available to take the ball from a colleague and relieve the pressure.
Everything about the day was enjoyable, including the hospitality of the home fans and club. I don't think Orient should be too disheartened....it was the first time Stanley have ever beaten them after all.
Redash and football19 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..