Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2015, 19:43   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Leyton Orient Thread.

Look forward to the match reports from F19 and Phil Whalley

Both would have views from the opposite sides of the Stadium.

ASFC emptying Big Clubs Boardrooms for 10 years!!

Credit to the O's fans who appaulded the team coach as it left; proper fans
Redash likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2015, 20:08   #32
I am Banned

Leyton Orient 0-1 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Match highligts
choirboy likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 20:34   #33
Senior Member+

To be honest,watching the game from such a height gave you appreciation of our movement and composure of the team.
Crookes glides around the pitch,but I didn't realise the yards he covers,saying that,you have to retain possession to play that way (and a good surface)and Coonnelly was superb.
Also you appreciate how hard the team works when they don't have the ball.
The two fullbacks had great games and the new lad just gets better.
Dean and Joe made sure nobody switched off and the front six were different class.
Couldn't see any obvious weaknesses and when you look at the bench and its full of quality lads who can do the jobs asked of them.
Interested to see how we go when the playing surfaces start to deteriorate and hope we get to 50 points before Xmas,as if certain lads keep performing they will be destined play at an higher level and the clubs will be sniffing in January,hope not,but you have to be real KTF
Redash likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 22:14   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Cheers, much more comprehensive highlights than shown on Football League Show - looks like definitely should've won by a bigger margin, not that I'm complaining
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 23:13   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not fair to single out any one player as they all produced the goods but I did notice the ability of Mr. Conneely, especially in the second half as Orient got more and more desperate, to make himself available to take the ball from a colleague and relieve the pressure.
I agree with all that Exile says - and especially the part I have quoted. I thought the defence was tremendous.

Am I the only one to notice that McConville is turning falling to the ground almost into an art form? I am now wondering if he practises these falls during training. Certainly if it was a different sport, he would be gaining maximum marks for both technical merit and artistic impression.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 23:21   #36

Morning Stanley fans, Orient supporter here. Just wanted to say well done on the 3 points yesterday - fully deserved and you`re certainly one of the better teams we`ve played this season. Our great start to the season is rapidly going off the rails with some truly awful displays. Anyway, I won`t bore you with that.

Windass looks decent for you and good luck to your team for this season.
AccyMad, cashman, Redash and 7 others like this.

Last edited by Orient; 31-10-2015 at 23:25.
Orient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:42   #37
Senior Member+

Another GREAT WIN !!!!!
The RED TIDE surges on!
ON STANLEY ON

ps BBC Stats show that we had lots more shots on goal than the Orient.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:17   #38
God Member

Close call, but Mr.Windass timed his run perfectly. Well done to the linesman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (46.6 KB, 27 views)
Redash likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:53   #39

Something else worth a mention is the way the lads closed the game down in the last ten minutes. We barely gave Orient a kick, especially in added time, when we just boxed them in their half. It's terrific to see such organisation, composure and confidence on the ball.

It's true that we are seeing all this on early season surfaces - Orient's looked like a bowling green - and we might have to adapt as the pitches get heavier, but it seems to me that Coley's philosophy this season is based on the old cliché of letting players enjoy their football. They are clearly not afraid to try and beat a man, and more often than not try to play out from the back. On the occasions this breaks down, the work-rate is there to get back behind the ball and stifle the oppo. I managed to have a word with Josh afterwards, he said that Jimmy had had 'a word' in the dressing room at half time after he had unsuccessfully tried to nutmeg his man in the Stanley half. Apparently nutmegs are only allowed in the opposition half. It's a million miles away from the dull pragmatism of the Beattie approach.

It was a close game. How Orient didn't score early on I'll never know, the rebound from the effort that hit the bar seemed to fall perfectly for their man running in, but once we got over that initial onslaught and found time on the ball, our football was excellent. Coneelly, Crooksy and Josh are a very well-balanced midfield trinity - one to sweep up and provide support, one an out-an-out attacker, and Crooksy doing something of both roles. With two lads coming through the centre, often feeding off Kee, another 100%-er happy to drop back in the hole, we are posing problems for defences even without bringing in the wide players. Odd how many of us saw Piero as the key player this season, but he has been a little overshadowed by the lads in centre-mid so far.

After sampling much of the real ale range on offer, I then had the pleasure of Peter Marsden's company on the tube journey home, in fact we were gabbing away so much about things that he missed his stop! I hope he got home OK. The takeover means that we are no longer an independent entity - and I know that this causes concerns for some, especially given the antics of businessmen-owners elsewhere in the football world. We are now part of a much bigger business operation, but one led by someone who, according to Peter, isn't going into this with wide-eyed naivety. Holt wants to run a tight ship, but sees the possibility of tapping a lot of unrealised potential with a relatively modest investment, generating income for other parts of his business while also stabilising Stanley and giving something back to the town.

Given where we have been these last few years - losing money, paying employees late, and keeping fingers crossed that the likes of Peter and Ilyas kept writing the cheques - could many of us say truthfully that in their position we wouldn't also have gladly taken this offer? Trust is a fragile commodity that easily fractures, and whilst we need no lessons on what can be lost when bonds loosen beyond repair, we should also consider what might be gained if we balance our tendency to doubt with a few grains of hope. Here endeth the sermon!

On Stanley On

Phil
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01   #40
Senior Member+

Phil.....Excellent observations on.......
1) The way we are playing currently and......
2) Develoments off the field.

1) I agree that it is wonderful how the 'Team Ethic' has developed this season.
For me, it started from the very beginning of Pre Season training and was evident in all of the pre season friendlies. Pierro fully deserved the plaudits which he received for his efforts last season and I think that his example has been a model for the rest of the playing staff to adopt. What we have all loved about Pierro is his willingness to chase back and harrass opponents, even when things weren't always going well, as well as his creativity and willingness to run at opponents and to shoot! (and to score!) Coley and Jimmy seem to have got the balance of the formation right this season. The midfield for example has the cool control of Coneely and the off the wall flair of Crooks with the industry of Pierro and Sean Mac. Then with Josh developing superbly in the No 10 role just behind Billy we are developing as an attacking force too. Of course this is built on a solid defence from Jason in goal and through our strong core at the centre of defence. The central defence area should get back to absolute 'Rock Solid' when Tom Davies is back to full fitness! All of this and a super bench full of worthy replacements sets us up really well for a real push at promotion.

2) Off the field I have always felt unsure about.......'Big Money Takeovers'... when I have seen them in the news regarding other clubs.
The people in our past who have helped out financially and inspirationally have always been 'Local' folk such as Eric, Ilyas and Peter, and others too. So what I like about the current situation is that Andy Holt is another genuine local lad, who has made good but, who is interested in seeing the Stanley being put back onto solid ground! I would have felt much more nervous and unsure if the takeover/investment was by a foreign business man or Russian Oligarch with suspect earnings!

So the future is looking good for us at the moment both on and off the field. What we can do as supporters is 'Spread the Word' about the Stanley Revolution' and get as many people onto the ground as possible and all get 100% behind everyone at the club!
ON STANLEY ON
andyd likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:00   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Phil.....Excellent observations on.......
1) The way we are playing currently and......
2) Develoments off the field.

1) I agree that it is wonderful how the 'Team Ethic' has developed this season.
For me, it started from the very beginning of Pre Season training and was evident in all of the pre season friendlies. Pierro fully deserved the plaudits which he received for his efforts last season and I think that his example has been a model for the rest of the playing staff to adopt. What we have all loved about Pierro is his willingness to chase back and harrass opponents, even when things weren't always going well, as well as his creativity and willingness to run at opponents and to shoot! (and to score!) Coley and Jimmy seem to have got the balance of the formation right this season. The midfield for example has the cool control of Coneely and the off the wall flair of Crooks with the industry of Pierro and Sean Mac. Then with Josh developing superbly in the No 10 role just behind Billy we are developing as an attacking force too. Of course this is built on a solid defence from Jason in goal and through our strong core at the centre of defence. The central defence area should get back to absolute 'Rock Solid' when Tom Davies is back to full fitness! All of this and a super bench full of worthy replacements sets us up really well for a real push at promotion.

2) Off the field I have always felt unsure about.......'Big Money Takeovers'... when I have seen them in the news regarding other clubs.
The people in our past who have helped out financially and inspirationally have always been 'Local' folk such as Eric, Ilyas and Peter, and others too. So what I like about the current situation is that Andy Holt is another genuine local lad, who has made good but, who is interested in seeing the Stanley being put back onto solid ground! I would have felt much more nervous and unsure if the takeover/investment was by a foreign business man or Russian Oligarch with suspect earnings!

So the future is looking good for us at the moment both on and off the field. What we can do as supporters is 'Spread the Word' about the Stanley Revolution' and get as many people onto the ground as possible and all get 100% behind everyone at the club!
ON STANLEY ON
" Hear Hear "
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:56   #42
Senior Member+

Just been listening to Ian Hendon's report on the BBC website and I think he needs to look at the match stats a bit more carefully. Reckons we only had 2 shots on target to their 7 or 8. When in reality, they had 8 shots of which 2 were on target to our 13 shots with 5 on target.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..