Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2018, 21:32   #1

Lincoln checkatrade thread

Second game running coleys subs changed game. Lincolns first goal was poor communication, richards-everton left the ball inexplicably. Are defence with Sykes, richards-everton, platt and maxted looked shaky all game admittedly against a good forward line in Matt green and rhead great finish from Scotty brown to bring us level. We looked in deep trouble when 2-1 down they had the penalty. But then Johnny to the rescue. Super subs Clark and mcconville came on and we battered them last 20 minutes. Great goal from Clark. Then maxted again showed how good he is at penalties. Maybe a asset in future rounds as Wembley draws near. Other performance wise, zanzala a threat but hall wasn't tonight. We played a bit to long balls towards him too often as when we used are width we looked good l.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2018, 21:41   #2

Re: Lincoln checkatrade thread

Thought brown had an excellent game. Seamus also had his best performance this season. 20k for the win. Anyone know the attendance?
chevyfire likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 21:43   #3
Senior Member+

Clark was superb in a cameo for 30 minutes.
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 21:57   #4

Thought MOM a bit premature..... Although Scotty was good when he came on, I would say that Maxted saved us tonight, literally... just as he did for Guisley last time, superb reactions to pens, earned his corn tonight!! Also agree with 28, Clicker made a difference when he came on for last 30 mins!
pifco, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 22:02   #5
Senior Member+

An enjoyable game spoilt by the constant whining of Matt Rhead to the officials. Agree with others, the subs made all the difference and yes, Johnny Maxted deserved MoM tonight. Looking forward to Saturday when the big boys come to town.
choirboy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 22:20   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Thought MOM a bit premature..... Although Scotty was good when he came on, I would say that Maxted saved us tonight, literally... just as he did for Guisley last time, superb reactions to pens, earned his corn tonight!! Also agree with 28, Clicker made a difference when he came on for last 30 mins!
Scotty played the full 90.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 23:08   #7
Super Moderator

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight...getting right into the spirit of Christmas pantos with a hero (Johnny Maxted), a villain (the wicked Rhead), ham acting from the Lincoln squad who regularly rolled around the ground in mock agony and lots of excitement along the way. More money in the pot for Stanley and hopefully a boost in confidence for Saturday. Stayaways, you don't know what you're missing!
keep the faith and choirboy like this.
Old 04-12-2018, 23:55   #8
Junior Member+

Congratulations for ousting the holders ..I see an Accy vs Man City u21s final at Wembley with an attendance of less than 3000 ;-) Before you get too excited that was reserve reserve keeper ..1 first eleven player Eardley out of position and the rest squad only ..including 3 teenagers from an academy thats been going a year ..and 2 of our coaches in Shaw and McCombe ( who must be 100 years old by now... Luque recalled from a non-league loan late this week to make up the numbers ! See you next season unless you go up
617ontheirgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:14   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Thought brown had an excellent game. Seamus also had his best performance this season. 20k for the win. Anyone know the attendance?
Gate was 746 apparently
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:32   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought it was a damn good game, expected Lincoln to be the same dirty side of last season,and they did not disappoint. it spoils them really cos they aint that bad a side.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:34   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed tonight...getting right into the spirit of Christmas pantos with a hero (Johnny Maxted), a villain (the wicked Rhead), ham acting from the Lincoln squad who regularly rolled around the ground in mock agony and lots of excitement along the way. More money in the pot for Stanley and hopefully a boost in confidence for Saturday. Stayaways, you don't know what you're missing!
decided to go and glad i did. excellent game with something happening nearly all the time. one plus as well was the game going straight to penalties after 90 minutes without going through the boredom of extra time where one or both clubs are looking for penalty shootout at the end anyway.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:57   #12

Worth every penny of my £5.00 ticket!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:07   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Worth every penny of my £5.00 ticket!
Next round draw on Sky 12-20 Sat.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:15   #14
Full Member+

Think his name is R head
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 13:54   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have always disliked penalties to decide a game, but when it happened last night, after being at Guisely last years, i thought we have a damn good chance here, Well Done Maxted.
sherry likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..