Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2010, 21:21   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Lincoln Match Thread

Hey im just greatful we have a club Dave after the nightmare of the early season.

Its just massively disappointing when we spend our hard earned money, (especially going away) and knowing we can be a top 3 side on our day.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2010, 21:48   #167

If Turner isnt fit or is still carrying an injury there are other options. King could play on the wing, he has for the reserves and has shown promise and scored too. He had one bad half and was brought off. Should do that a bit more with other players if they arent performing but it doesnt happen.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 22:40   #168

"think we've got to remember that Sean's come through from non-league at a very young age and this is a tough league. Not every player can come from nowhere and do a Gary Roberts. " Shakermakers comments

Very true he is a young lad but maybe he should have time to develop in the reserves or as a sub until he grows in strength and then he can show us what he can do not at a cost to the team at the moment. He doesnt look as though he is ready for it yet!
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 05:25   #169
God Member

Defeat & Dropping points is far easier to take if the effort and commitment is there in the first place

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 07:41   #170
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Defeat & Dropping points is far easier to take if the effort and commitment is there in the first place
Correct fer the fans,just hope same principle applies to the team.
Old 18-02-2010, 11:18   #171
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

From the offical web site!! Accrington stanley Match Reaction
Thursday 18th Feb 2010

Coleman frustrated at defeat
John Coleman admitted that he felt “let down” by his players after their last-gasp defeat at Lincoln on Tuesday. Full Story Here >>
Old 18-02-2010, 19:04   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
From the offical web site!! Accrington stanley Match Reaction
Thursday 18th Feb 2010

Coleman frustrated at defeat
John Coleman admitted that he felt “let down” by his players after their last-gasp defeat at Lincoln on Tuesday. Full Story Here >>
well much as i like coley, think he is being unfair on the team by saying he feels let down by em! fer my money a team that plays the opposition off the park fer biggest part of game n then tired legs set in, where actually let down by Coley, by him not putting fresh legs on the pitch, sorry if that upsets a few, but simple fact is thats how i see it.
Old 18-02-2010, 20:17   #173
Senior Member+

Sky Sports | Football News | League 2 | Accrington Stanley | Coleman expects player struggle

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 05:44   #174
God Member

I was at Anfield last night and watched Riera & Aquailana struggle out on the flanks for most of the game maybe it is a Redmen syndrome

But to emphasise the point I think we are getting at once Riera was replaced by Babel the whole mood changed of the crowd and team as there seemed to be a change in tempo and expectation levels went up, attacking options changed and this was further empathsised when Aquailana was subbed for Pacheco which a few minutes later led to the goal despite the best attempts of ten men behind the ball.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 06:50   #175
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Tuesday nights goals from the BBC sport web page..BBC Sport - Football - League Two round-up nice shot of the stanley fans
Old 20-02-2010, 07:19   #176
Senior Member+

Quote:
Tuesday nights goals from the BBC sport web page..BBC Sport - Football - League Two round-up nice shot of the stanley fans
Well, we can always ignore the result and try spotting mistakes in the commentary.

Nice header from Paul Mullin, though.

Last edited by MikeA; 20-02-2010 at 07:21.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 07:59   #177
God Member

Wink Re: Lincoln Match Thread

Quote:
Cheers Mab

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..