Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2010, 21:40   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: Lincoln Match Thread

[quote=Dan;788527]
the winner was a Kempson OG confirmed. Coley slammed the defending and the lack of concentration in the closing stages.

With fresh subs on keeping the ball up at t'other end of the pitch we wouldn't have had so much need of concentration in the defence, or am I missing something? I'm still convinced a couple of earlier subs at Macc would probably have got us the win. Wasn't there tonight but my gut feeling is that we've thrown points away in these last two games through poor use of resources.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2010, 22:16   #122

Stanley was robbed.

Thank you to all the lads and lasses who made us feel welcome we really enjoyed it. Such a shame them nobheads from Lincoln ruined it, did the coach get away safely after the bricks hurlded at it?...
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 23:52   #123

Better to be robbed than be thrashed.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 23:54   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Better to be robbed than be thrashed.
true sam, better to gain summat than lose though.
Old 17-02-2010, 00:18   #125
God Member

Just back and after having me hot chocolate I too am still feeling shell shocked - can't believe we lost tonight - Lincoln only played for the last 10 minutes and we'd had enough chances to finish the game before that.
Also would just like to thank the Lincoln chavs who threw bricks at our coach as we were leaving, damaging two windows enough that we had to wait for them to be made safe before we could continue home, our journey was delayed by at least half an hour because of them - can only imagine what they would have done if we'd won!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 00:18   #126

Just got in after a long drive and what a cock up tonight. No changes and McConville and Miles again were very poor. No pace, no defence and no balls into the box. What the hell they doing starting games. Kempo unlucky to score OG and Edwards his usual battling performance but why no substitutions at least after 60 mins played when we were crying out for fresh legs. IMHO Lincoln were the worse footballing side I have ever seen and we should have taken them to the cleaners. Time to shuffle the pack I would say. With Kee King and Turner there are options for a change before its too late. Play offs are going out of reach and 1 point from possible 9 aint good. Fans deserve better.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 00:29   #127
Senior Member+

Well just got back in bed after a horrible horrible journey home.

Battered em for 80 minutes but yet again we come away with nothing, its sounding and looking like the old stanley at the moment.

Why oh why he didnt bring on Kee, Turner or King is beyond me.
Miles & Mcconville yet again NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Getting our coach windows smashed by idiot Lincoln supporters does not help either, absolute morons.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 07:57   #128

Coleman seems to struggle on the tactical substitution side of things. A big test for us on Saturday, we will need to take our chances if we are to get anything out of the game. On a more positive note, we wont be relegated, we will still be here next season, and hopefully learn from our mistakes both on and off the field. I think we may make some extra cash on the sale of one or two of our players. So lets get it on.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 08:12   #129

Don't worry no doubt the idiots of Grimsby will sort the pricks from Lincoln out this saturday... Thanks to the lad who drove us around then to our car once the chavs had gone, very very much appreciated.
Old 17-02-2010, 09:35   #130
Resting In Peace

Driving home from the game at Northampton last week was bearable because we had been beaten by a good team. Driving home from Lincoln last night was terrible because we had been beaten by the worst team that I have seen this season. When we went one up it seemed to be a case of how many we would win by, but not to be. We seemed to sit back in the second half and messed about passing the ball to each other without getting anywhere. Why McConville is playing is beyond me (maybe it is because of Uncle Jimmy). He seems to be the latest in a line of "Super Sean Wingers" We have had Sean Doherty, Sean Whalley and now Sean McConville. I use the term 'winger' loosley. You will never see McConville on the wing, he is either standing about or dancing in the centre circle. He never gets involved and on the rare occasion he gets the ball he is pushed off it. In the last three games it will be lucky if he has touched the ball a dozen times. Why is he playing when we have Turner, Kee and King on the bench. Miles is a shadow of how he was earlier in the season, and as for recalling Dunbavin well that is beyond me. The defence have no confidence in him at all. I believe he told Coley that if he didn't get first team football he would have to leave. Well I would like to see a list of the clubs queuing up for his signature. Probably Burscough, Marine, or at best Sligo. Billy Kee has been his best when used as a sub on the wing, so what does Coley do against Northampton and Macc, he brings him on and puts him through the middle and moves Bobby Grant to the wing. Last night Lincoln were terrible, their centre half went off injured and they brought on 35 year old Ian Pearce who seemed slow and over weight. What did we do - nothing. Lincoln equalised and what did we do - nothing. Lincoln went in front and what did we do - nothing. No substitutes or anything. Coley has done and is doing a good job at Stanley, but sometimes his tactics, his tinkering with the team and his lack of substitutions is beyond me. Let's hope that we get it together on Saturday. One point from the last three games is not good enough. Rant over.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 10:12   #131

Good post Jeff
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 10:49   #132
Senior Member+

The lack of substitutes absolutely baffles me.

I can understand not using them if we are leading a tight game 1-0 but then to see Lincoln equalise and still do nothing is beyond me.

Chris Sutton made 2 changes in the 2nd half and they both changed the game. Simple as that.
Old 17-02-2010, 11:03   #133

In the last 10mins EVERY Stanley player looked nakered, so why didn't he do 3 changes DOH! Thanks, now Grimsby have got a mountain to climb
Old 17-02-2010, 13:38   #134
God Member

Exclamation Re: Lincoln Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
The lack of substitutes absolutely baffles me.

I can understand not using them if we are leading a tight game 1-0 but then to see Lincoln equalise and still do nothing is beyond me.

Chris Sutton made 2 changes in the 2nd half and they both changed the game. Simple as that.
The subs needed to be made before the first whistle

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 14:04   #135
Senior Member+

I agree.

He MUST change it on Saturday simple as.

My team would be.......

Bouzanis
Lees
Flynn
Kempson
Edwards
Ryan
Proctor
Turner
Joyce (if Fit)
Grant
Symes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..