Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2020, 16:30   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lincoln match thread

was a good point with 10 men defo.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-11-2020, 16:33   #32
God Member

True.......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 20:44   #33
Senior Member+

I cant see how we can object to the red card. High, studs showing, and impact. Imagine if Yosser had taken that from the oppostion ? We’d be furious if the opponent hadn’t gone.
Got to be honest as well and say the incident with the winger was a nailed on pen and I hope the lad Appeals his card and is successful.
Im also slightly worried about Savin at times but he’s a young lad.
All in all a good point in the circumstances.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:02   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I cant see how we can object to the red card. High, studs showing, and impact. Imagine if Yosser had taken that from the oppostion ? We’d be furious if the opponent hadn’t gone.
Got to be honest as well and say the incident with the winger was a nailed on pen and I hope the lad Appeals his card and is successful.
According to Dan, still photos of the incident show that it wasn't a sending off offence as Sean's foot was no more than waist high, something the Lincoln contingent in the press area agreed with.
I agree, we were lucky to get away with not conceding a penalty but I didn't think yellow cards could be appealed against?, I could be wrong.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:04   #35
Senior Member+

So you think that waste high studs showing is ok ?
Old 21-11-2020, 21:07   #36
Senior Member+

Referees dont have the assistance of still photography analysed after a game. He gives what he sees.
The FA wont be interested in stills.
Old 21-11-2020, 21:11   #37
Senior Member+

Its a grey area Di. I think a yellow card can be rescinded but thinking about it logically why bother appealing ?
Old 21-11-2020, 21:16   #38

Quote:
I agree with your last point. As for the referee's performance and decisions.....as we know they are par for the course in the EFL. We just have to hope that the errors and mistakes made by officials even themselves out over the season. Some you win and some you lose. Today we had some luck and some bad luck......I couldn't really tell in real time without a replay if both decisions were correct. At the end of the day its down to the referee, his call, he is in charge of the match.
Twenty Eight likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 07:31   #39
God Member

Quote:
You are right about the red card the ref has a split second to see the incident and watching live through the camera angle was oh no he,s off these things happen in games and we saw the 20+ minutes out well with ten men, penalty disagree thought the ref was spot on their player had lost control of the ball it was going out of play some give them some don't but liner didn't flag either. Refs get a lot of stick it's part of the banter wether we would have gone on to win the game as Coley hinted in his post match interview is irrelevant to me both sides had chances and neither took them, quick mention for Harvey getting a run in the side couple of mistakes but who didn't yesterday second half looking like his old self bombing down the right flank good to see another valuable member of the squad.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 08:17   #40
God Member

think the refs decision not to award them that penalty may have been influenced by the same players reaction to a foul he got near the half way line only a few minutes before. he made a five course meal out of it then jumped up quickly as soon as he got his decision. even referees do not like being conned once never mind the possibility of a second time. way the game went yesterday they may have missed the penalty anyway. even before this incident and seans sending off a nil nil looked on the cards.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 08:56   #41
God Member

Quote:
Referees dont have the assistance of still photography analysed after a game. He gives what he sees.
The FA wont be interested in stills.
What wouldn't the FA look at any evidence there is, if they only go off what the referee thought was the correct decision no-one would ever get a card rescinded.
The photos which Dan has posted on twitter clearly show Sean stretching to control the ball & the Lincoln player then stooping with his head just a couple of feet of the ground, putting himself in a dangerous position.
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:02   #42
God Member

We are doing great 4 clean sheets only one concern and Coley briefly touched on it in his interview killing teams off, decision making in the final third is at the moment the weak link, work at it in training?, tweak the front 2?, not easy answers has long as we keep the home goal safe results will keep coming but it would be more comfortable if we could convert more chances.

Last edited by andyd; 22-11-2020 at 09:07.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:06   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The photos which Dan has posted on twitter clearly show Sean stretching to control the ball & the Lincoln player then stooping with his head just a couple of feet of the ground, putting himself in a dangerous position.
the lincoln player should have walked anyway for his vicious head butt on seans boot. this type of thing needs stamping out.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:41   #44
Senior Member+

I think you have to exclude where the lad's head was. It's the height of Sean's boot, the studs showing and he did make contact.
If he'd stayed upright he still gets taken out in the midriff.
As I said earlier if that happened to one of our lads I'd be appalled if the opponent didn't walk.
On to the next one .......
Old 22-11-2020, 12:02   #45
Full Member+

Did anyone else get charged £10 for our home match yesterday. I put code number in first etc. I received an e mail thanking me for using IFollow and £10 charge.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..