Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2017, 19:34   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Lincoln's physical imps match thread

You show more cahones than your cheating little divers at least but if you do not like opposing fans on your board then make it private ..Clark not Ward ...i guess that means he does not dive ...sure you will find that all your next games will follow a similar pattern ..one trick ponies found out ...tippy-tappy-divey ..Good night and thanks for one of the easiest 3 points we have had this season ...
617ontheirgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2017, 20:23   #32
Junior Member+

https://staceywest.net/2017/12/16/it...-0-accrington/

Try that for balance
Old 16-12-2017, 20:39   #33
Senior Member+

Balanced ? Give your head shake.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 21:38   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617ontheirgame View Post
You show more cahones than your cheating little divers at least but if you do not like opposing fans on your board then make it private ..Clark not Ward ...i guess that means he does not dive ...sure you will find that all your next games will follow a similar pattern ..one trick ponies found out ...tippy-tappy-divey ..Good night and thanks for one of the easiest 3 points we have had this season ...
So you think it's a good idea to come on here crowing about your victory & heaping abuse on our players & manager.
Well my friend, you've still got to play us at our place yet.
Do us all a favour & introduce yourself before the game - if you've got the balls!
Greeny likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 22:02   #35
God Member

Hey 617ontheirgame, are you Sommerset?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 23:42   #36
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
So you think it's a good idea to come on here crowing about your victory & heaping abuse on our players & manager.
Well my friend, you've still got to play us at our place yet.
Do us all a favour & introduce yourself before the game - if you've got the balls!
Oohh threats as well ..tough keyboard warriors ..i did not crow ..just told a few home truths about your prick of a manager and your cheating players ...still maintain your right back is decent (and never dived once) ..your keeper was the only thing keeping you in the game ...now I will go off and lurk until the return fixture ..you want to banter come join our facebook page but take the blinkers off first as you sound like spoilt little brats whining about a team that outplayed you ...if you give us the 3500 tickets spare for our last away game of the season then we can fill your ground and I will let you vote on my fancy dress outfit for the day
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 17-12-2017, 00:23   #37
Full Member+

The drop of the left shoulder looked too deliberate from Rawson and the ref saw it as a foul so he had to go as there can't be any genuine attempt to play the ball in those circumstances.

Rawson may have slipped, but on the balance of probabilities it looked like push or attempted push. The thing is you can get away with all sorts of subtle fouls but the wasn't one of them, and it cost the game.

Still should stay up though, and it is an achievement to never be relegated for the football league for a club Stanley's size.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 08:05   #38
God Member

Still should stay up though, and it is an achievement to never be relegated for the football league for a club Stanley's size.[/QUOTE]

unlike one of the division 2 giants. they have managed it twice.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 08:24   #39
God Member

Quote:
On the contrary, we welcome opposition fans giving their opinions but not when they're as aggressive as yours - I know you're only one voice from the Lincoln fans but you certainly confirmed my perception of your followers from a few years ago!
You admit we're probably the best footballing side in this league - well, guess what - that's what it should be about, the hint is in the name of the game
Lastly, so you liked the look of our right back but think he should move to a club 'with a stadium & fans' - got news for you buddy, the size of a stadium & the amount of fans doesn't always guarantee success as you doubtless found out in the 6 or so years it took you to climb out of the Conference. So you've spat your dummy out & had your whinge now go & get your books ready for school tomorrow, there's a good lad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 08:55   #40
Junior Member+

weehee ...pretty football (Arsenal) no guarantee of success in the same way as fanbase/stadium (Sunderland) ...one thing guaranteed is that football in this country will not tolerate diving cheats for long ..or classless whining scouse gits blaming everybody and everything
We have dropped through the trapdoor 5 times in all (twice in recent memory) but bouncebackability must be in our DNA and last season was a blast ...you clearly punch above your weight and fair play for playing passing football on the odd moments when vertical - on yesterdays evidence neither of us will get automatic promotion but we are likely to bring in 3-4 quality players in 2 weeks (Danny Rowe from Ipswich already done deal) - presume you are after Tom Daley ?
Old 17-12-2017, 09:24   #41

I have to say from where I was sitting it didn't look like a penalty, intially watching the highlights I was less than convinced. But, watching it again taking into @Chewbacca's point of view if the ref saw that yes it was the right decision. Either way I'll take it, losing big Matt Rhead in the penalty area was a bit of a schoolboy error in my opinion, its not as though he is hard to miss?

Unlike some of my fellow Imp comrades posting on here I'm full of admiration for Accy Stanley and what they do and stand for.
AccyMad, cashman and yonmon like this.
AccyImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 09:40   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
The penalty was 80 yards from me and sounds soft but we all know how poor that ref is so hardly a surprise (turned our game at Notts Cunty earlier in season with a poor red) ..he turned down the stonewall one earlier...as for the horrendous tackle don't make me laugh ...it was right in front of us and 2 genuine lads went in strongly ..nothing more nothing less ..you listen too much to that whining scouse git making excuse after excuse ..you were outrun out tackled outheaded and outscored big time before and after the red card ..3 of your midgets are cheats ..no other description for their theatrics ....on a plus side your keeper made several great saves ..before the pen ...and your right back looks class ..he should move to a club with a stadium and fans
Here is a prime example folks of another of those ill-informed and apparently bitter individuals who each Saturday visit the forum of the opposing club of the day and post a load of drivel, the which he assumes to be an accurate assessment of the game !.
As there is little of interest in his vitriolic meanderings, and nothing whatsoever to commend the motivation behind them, is it not just another of those occasions to feel totally sorry for another seriously struggling fellow-man at this season of goodwill ?.

To 617..... May you feel the glow of Christmas spirit which will warm your heart over the coming year !.
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 09:41   #43

Whilst I thought the penalty/sending off did look ludicrously harsh (I've looked at it lots of times and don't actually see a shirt pull, and if there was one I don't think it prevented their forward getting to the ball first) I do wish Coley wouldn't complain so much in his interviews.

I know he will be deeply frustrated but this list of 18 terrible decisions either exists only in his head or overlooks that we have no doubt had as many dodgy decisions in our favour to equal things out.

Yesterday's decision effectively meant we lost the game (though it sounds like we were second best before that) but can't recall any other dubious decisions of that magnitude this season i.e. Ones which were real game changers?

He does seem to turn his attention to referees when we are having a bad run too. Is that wise?

In reply to the Lincoln fan on here. I happen to agree with you that a few of our players do go down too easily. I hope that supporting opinion helps with the current period of minor mental disturbance/attention seeking crisis you are facing? Good luck with the rest of your season and the huge loan buys you are making and hope you can now move on?
pifco and chevyfire like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 09:51   #44
Junior Member+

Lord Dids ..I am now cured :-)
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 17-12-2017, 09:55   #45
God Member

I have mentioned before that we do seem to struggle against physical hoofball types of teams Coley and Jimmy must see this and hopefully will address it on the training pitch and maybe in the January window bringing in a tough midfielder also a bit worried about goals seem to be drying up a bit lets roll Crawley over next week and have a good Xmas oh and adios to that twit from Lincoln.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..