Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2019, 07:55   #31
God Member

Re: Line up for Saturday ..... Stick or twist ?

There’s no denying it, Professor Coleman has stubbornly managed Stanley from non-league obscurity to playing at the Stadium of Light.
AccyMad, Chimer, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2019, 08:19   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
There’s no denying it, Professor Coleman has stubbornly managed Stanley from non-league obscurity to playing at the Stadium of Light.
but his problem has always been making substitutions and the lateness of many of them. armstrong should have been on at least 10 minutes earlier with zanzala given the last 10 mins.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 08:48   #33
God Member

That’s a valid opinion, MH, but equally you could argue that the ‘problem’ is that whenever Stanley don’t win, we all look a reason.
Not making subs is an obvious one, and all we Monday-Morning-Managers will have a view, but one that will never be put to the test.
But I doubt Coley gets called stubborn by many when Stanley win.
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 25-02-2019, 09:07   #34
God Member

We have just stopped a rot no goals in 2019 bottom of the form league Brown brought in at the expense of a very poor out of form Conneely he has added a bit of steel in there and 3 games unbeaten we are back on a run don,t no what fans want personally I wouldn't have put Finley straight back in actually I thought he was having a poor run of games and at Charlton he was having a bit of a mare hence is frustration leading to the stamping incident we are doing really well at this level let's just get to 52+ points and hopefully another season in league one.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 10:06   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not really, you missed my point - I was probably being too subtle
What was your point then ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 12:16   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What was your point then ?
It was quite simply the abrasive nature of some of your retorts to other people's opinions, which is what I said in my post so wouldn't have thought I'd have to spell it out but here goes.
I'd originally said I couldn't understand why Sam wasn't brought off the bench - your reply was 'You do understand', maybe it's the way the written word comes across - if you're having an actual conversation you can tell by the other person's tone how the comment was made but it's not so when it's just in plain text.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 15:31   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well to be honest if yeh dont think hes stubborn yeh must be blind.:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by accymad View Post
it was quite simply the abrasive nature of some of your retorts to other people's opinions
100%
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 10:36   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we wondered the same??
Recent EFL rule changes have meant at least 1 'club grown' (academy) player has to be named in matchday 18.

Ross Sykes is normally the one who covers that rule, however with his recent injury Coley has had to turn to the youth team, Harry Perritt (right sided player) was on bench recently too.
Mr T likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 14:08   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
100%
Yeh have just demonstrated exactly what yeh are, accymads retort was to someone else. yeh may think people are dumb, but i have no doubt at all they will see through you,
Old 04-03-2019, 16:35   #40

Ha ha, Cashy your dumbness is actually rather cute.

As you are clearly dense and need the dots joining I shall endeavour to help you understand my post.

Diane pointed out that my abrasive retorts were annoying, so I quoted one of your posts and then agreed with her in my entirety.

I have upset 2 people directly on here. One was by accident, through my sarcastic reply to the suggestion we should empty our bank for away fans. It was pointed out to me that as i had only been here for 2 minutes i wasnt entitled to an opinion. The other poster to feel my wrath is your good self. Seeing as how you are loved by the masses like a big cuddly grandad i thought perhaps copying YOUR abrasivety was the way to go. Perhaps having a go at people is something one is only to do after 20000 posts?
Old 04-03-2019, 16:46   #41
God Member

Quote:
... Perhaps having a go at people is something one is only to do after 20000 posts?
If that’s your only reason for joining in then, please, no!
Old 04-03-2019, 16:58   #42
God Member

Quote:
Ha ha, Cashy your dumbness is actually rather cute.

As you are clearly dense and need the dots joining I shall endeavour to help you understand my post.

Diane pointed out that my abrasive retorts were annoying, so I quoted one of your posts and then agreed with her in my entirety.

I have upset 2 people directly on here. One was by accident, through my sarcastic reply to the suggestion we should empty our bank for away fans. It was pointed out to me that as i had only been here for 2 minutes i wasnt entitled to an opinion. The other poster to feel my wrath is your good self. Seeing as how you are loved by the masses like a big cuddly grandad i thought perhaps copying YOUR abrasivety was the way to go. Perhaps having a go at people is something one is only to do after 20000 posts?
Sorry to disappoint Spartacus, but my comments about abrasive posts was to 28 - but if the cap fits etc . . . .
Chimer likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 13:22   #43

Fair dos D, i couldnt be arsed rereading it all to get the context, but yes the cap fitted so I agreed 100% that abrasive comments are annoying (and unnecessary). Much love here for most
AccyMad likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 16:33   #44
Senior Member+

We cant all be the same and agreeing all the time .... or what's the point of a discussion forum ?
I'm changing my member name to Sandpaper.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 17:18   #45

My member has a name too, but I'm not for divulging it on a public forum

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..