Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2005, 12:24   #76
Resting In Peace

Re: Live stanley updates on 107 The Bee

Quote:
Coleman on the bench to make up the numbers. Why not Martin Fearon as emergency replacement goalkeeper. More use than Coley on the bench.
Good point but then they would have had to pay wages to Fearon.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2005, 13:52   #77
Senior Member+

He isn't on a professional contract so i doubt that, might be wrong though
Old 26-10-2005, 14:43   #78
Senior Member+

So, although fans can't make the away trip, we are not allowed to voice an opinion. I feel fans should get amongst some of the older fans for their thoughts on the management/defence etc etc. I have heard fans saying that Mullin is too slow for the Conference, Rocky is no good for this league and the goalkeeing crisis lurches from one disaster to another. One point, we DO have a goalkeeper (have we all forgot Danny Alcock). I don't know how much longer we have got Darren Randolph for or the 2 Wigan lads, but, yes they are learning and I for one think Darren has had a good few decent games. He cannot be blamed for every goal that has been scored against us. Danny should be back soon and Officer Dibble (who to be fair is trying to help us out of a crisis - and remember we can't sign another keeper till January at the earliest - unless on loan) will assist with coaching. I too do not understand why martin Fearon is never on the bench. I thought he had been signed on non-contract terms, and J.C. is supposed to have every faith in him, so give the lad a chance. He cannot be worse that any other goalie we have.
Nick Henry and mr Vine did the decent thing after results went against them at Scarborough and Crawley, Maybe it is time for J.C. to do the same. As I have stated in a previous post on this thread, Attack is the BEST form of defence, so why do the team persist in going one or two goals up and then sitting back on it? Time for a change, I will let others decide on that, but I firmly believe after last weeks fiasco, the (swinging) fans will vote with their feet. ie crowds of less than 1,000 as last Saturday. Not good

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 15:55   #79
rob

just a quick couple of answers to clear up a couple of queries - welchy was not fully fit on saturday which is why he didn't come on for rocky, and coley was on the bench to make up numbers, fearon was amongst the injured with a bruised hand...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 15:59   #80
Resting In Peace

Quote:
just a quick couple of answers to clear up a couple of queries - welchy was not fully fit on saturday which is why he didn't come on for rocky, and coley was on the bench to make up numbers, fearon was amongst the injured with a bruised hand...
Why put somebody on the bench if they are not fully fit and there is no chance of them coming on ? Why not put somebody else on the bench who is fit ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 16:32   #81
God Member

welchy wasn't on the bench, it was flynn that was

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 12:34   #82
Resting In Peace

Quote:
welchy wasn't on the bench, it was flynn that was
Old 27-10-2005, 12:52   #83
Junior Member+

True, but I don't think Welchy was on the bench at Rotherham. Perhaps he was there on Saturday JUST in case? He played full the 90 minutes on Monday so he can't have been that bad?
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 16:46   #84
Senior Member+

he must have been bad enough not to risk coming on for rocky.........
Old 27-10-2005, 20:21   #85
Resting in Peace

My best mate married No. 11.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 11:53   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
My best mate married No. 11.
Thanks for that you girls know football thats for sure...........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 12:22   #87
Senior Member+

just thinking the exact same thing
Old 28-10-2005, 14:09   #88

To be fair to Williams, I'm not blaming him for everything -far from it. He can't help it if he's picked to play out of position every week. It's the guy picking him who is to blame. Williams might well make a good ball-winning midfielder but, IMHO, he'll never make a Conference standard centre half. Come back Smithy, all is forgiven!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 16:40   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
To be fair to Williams, I'm not blaming him for everything -far from it. He can't help it if he's picked to play out of position every week. It's the guy picking him who is to blame. Williams might well make a good ball-winning midfielder but, IMHO, he'll never make a Conference standard centre half. Come back Smithy, all is forgiven!
smithy was a good player and a top bloke but deep down if im honest he wasn't conference standard wait till we see cav, tretts, flynny and richardson playing together...i sense a watertight back 4

Last edited by zayno14; 28-10-2005 at 17:29.
zayno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 17:41   #90
God Member

yeah but how long does tretton have left before h comes back???

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..