Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2005, 11:48   #1
Senior Member+

Talking Looking to next season

obviously im as gutted as every1 else that we didnt make the playoffs, however i was wondering what opionions people had of progression for next season.., or what the main issues will be, and no i aint tellin J.C how to do his job before some1 says i am.

1. Goalkeeper!- For me The most important, mite sound silly but look at the problems we have had when swapping and changing keepers. we need 2 keepers that are gonna be consistant next season for the club. And honestly i think that Danny Alcock should be given the chance (at least in pre-season), if not then i think he would make a great 2nd keeper.

2. Evil/Rory situation- In my opinion along with Mullin the most influential players at the club. Coleman needs to sort out his relationship out with the two.! and their realtionship with each other!

3. IES- Clayton end??- id like 2 hear other peoples opinions, in my opinion building it would not make that much of a difference! (in the long term in terms of attendances)

4.Squad Size- obviously need to bring in some fresh faces this summer, no doubt we will be using 500 players pre-season, but thats what friendlies are for arent they? Personally id love to see Bimson back, doubt we would get him tho!

i could probably chat all day, but ill get bollocked in the office but finally./.......

5. Kipax-......... Your photos are ace !! keep it up hehe!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2005, 16:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Looking to next season

Point 1 - Alcock will probably get his chance and a younger fresher face brought in as back up.
Point 2. hit the nail right on the head with this point.
Point 3. Clayton end roof needs to be built. not just to keep the weather off the supporters but to increase the atmosphere/noise. Trouble is, Eric keeps saying what would it bring in financially to the club. He should have listened to the Aldershot fans.
Point 4. point here is Stanley are restricted on size of squad due to turnover. rules state squad budget should not be more than 65% of turnover. The more bums on seats/in the stands the bigger the squad could be. So the moral of the story here is to get as many fans into the IES as possible. Crowds of 2,000 average would help.
Point 5. again, couldn't put it better myself

:engsmil:

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 29-04-2005 at 17:00.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..