Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 12:28   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Is it ASSF or ASFF as different people use different initials.
Company Registration Number - 06991265

Company Name - Accrington Stanley Supporters' Fund Limited
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2009, 12:28   #32
Senior Member+

ASSF : Accrington Stanley Supporters Fund
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:32   #33
God Member

see above replies to Baggy

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33   #34
Full Member+

If the ASSF does become the majority shareholder via a new rights issue, I, for one, will be sorry if we lose the D'ON as the (Joint) Chairman as a consequence of this. The change in the mood around the Club has been dramatic since he took over, but having rejected Ilyas' money at the start of the summer and consistently ruled out a new right issue ever since, would he want to continue as a Chairman without any control?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38   #35
Member.

Have we not learnt anything yet, after the 1962 diabolical and the recent episode with Eric you would have thought we would have ensured that all threats where minimised. It’s time for a general share issue with the intention of raising the greatest possible amount of money for the club; I want to see the ASSF flourish but I don’t believe that all of Stanley’s eggs should be in one basket. Maybe the price needs to be over inflated so that the individual Accrington Supports can hold their own shares as well as being an ASSF group share holder, Fundraising ideas are fine if time is on your side; but if we arse around now and the excise man looses patents with us. Its Over.

And; what the **** happed to openness…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42   #36
God Member

And; what the **** happed to openness…..

Perhaps the door was locked from the inside?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 13:06   #37
Super Moderator

Talking of openness, why is there nothing on t'fishy site about these momentous events yet? And isn't it time the ASSF had its own site? If the club (or the fund) want us to help, they must keep us in the picture!
Old 02-09-2009, 13:08   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
If the ASSF does become the majority shareholder via a new rights issue, I, for one, will be sorry if we lose the D'ON as the (Joint) Chairman as a consequence of this. The change in the mood around the Club has been dramatic since he took over, but having rejected Ilyas' money at the start of the summer and consistently ruled out a new right issue ever since, would he want to continue as a Chairman without any control?
Thinking the same thing myself Whalley Red. So many signals of positive intent have been made in the O'Neill regime's short time in charge, it would be a shame to lose him and his vision for the club over the mess that was created long before he arrived. Of course when he bought the club he inherited all its problems but he has clearly tried his best to start to fix Accrington Stanley and give the fans a positive outlook for the future.

One crucial thing I don't understand: Have we missed a payment outlined in our agreement or have HMRC all-of-a-sudden waived the agreement and demanded full payment of the total sum?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 13:52   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think there may be an amendment to the statement that we have to pay in full - I am now informed (reputable) that we have to pay a large portion of it within the 8 weeks - rather than the whole amount. It's not 100% confirmed yet though.

ASSF will instigate an official valuation (third party) of the club at which point we can arrange for a new share issue to take place whereby ASSF becomes a majority shareholder. The money we input through the new share issue will remedy the tax bill. And in full I would have thought. Then OUR fundraising will begin in earnest to put the club back upon the correct footing it should be on
So how come there's a completely different story coming from Rob Heys?

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Accrington given Revenue deadline

No mention whatsoever of the ASSF or new share issues?

The whole thing is starting to worry me more and more, as it appears that the ASSF and the club are singing from different hymnsheets?
Old 02-09-2009, 14:14   #40
Resting In Peace

Quote:
After being served with a winding up order in May for unpaid taxes, the club were under the impression that they had 12 months to find the money.
Surely the club KNEW whether they had 12 months to pay the money not just 'under the impression' The club stated that they had to pay back £25,000 per month. Professor Glasson and ASSF have lent the club two installments. Where has that money gone if not to Inland Revenue ??

Quote:
In an ideal world, in that eight week period we can pay the full amount off, but we certainly hope to have paid off a significant amount. I don't mean tens of thousands, we're looking at ways of giving them around £200,000, pay off two-thirds of the debt and then they'll hopefully give us extra time to pay off any more we might have to find.
They now know that they have eight weeks to PAY OFF THE LOT. Why is Rob Heys saying that 'hopefully they will give us extra time to pay off any more we might have to find'. Don't they understand English. EIGHT WEEKS. I wonder what 'impression' they are now under.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 14:40   #41
Senior Member+

D'ON isnt chairman if i recall, Marcelle is the chairperson of the club.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 15:00   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The whole thing is starting to worry me more and more, as it appears that the ASSF and the club are singing from different hymnsheets?
it kinda worries me as well. They would have had to go to court this morning with a firm and definite answer to the problem. If they have told the ASSF and HMRC one thing with a view to trying to wing it for another few weeks and if all else fails go back to the ASSF at the last minute then they are fools. It won't happen overnight which I would assume is why they have given us another extension. They are hoping that they can raise enough money with their hand held out to avoid having to give up a significant portion of the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
D'ON isnt chairman if i recall, Marcelle is the chairperson of the club.
Joint chairperson was the phrase used

The BBC article with Rob is full of the usual bluster and wind and still hasn't told us what actually needs to happen. Treat us like crap and people will turn their backs when the bucket comes round. Be warned.

We know that the club is doing their absolute best to remedy the situation but telling us lies and half truths just doesn't cut it any more. Please be men about this, stand up and tell the people what is going on - the full ugly truth please.

ASSF is standing by with the cash to bail them out, but they simply have to be prepared to lose something for it.

As far as I know, worst case scenario, would be that the revenue seek to wind us up in 8 weeks if the debt/% is paid. The next stage would be administration where the administrators, receivors or whatever will come in and attempt to asset strip us in order to pay what they can. At that point we would have received a points deduction which would seriously jeopardise our league status. I think that at this point the administrators would attempt to sell the club to the best bid. Which would be ASSF. But by then it would be hoped that we had already secured the club.

The quickest and simplest way would be for the Don to sort it today and get the contract signed for ASSF to come onboard NOW and pay the debt off NOW.

This morning we (ASSF) knew where we stood and what was happening, but certain things coming to light seem to suggest a promise has been reneged on.
Old 02-09-2009, 15:18   #43
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We know that the club is doing their absolute best to remedy the situation but telling us lies and half truths just doesn't cut it any more. Please be men about this, stand up and tell the people what is going on - the full ugly truth please.
There's a hell of a lot of "guests" viewing this thread, please feel free to sign on and give your opinion instead of hiding, whether you are from the club or Ultras or Stanley fans we want your opinions.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 15:24   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
If the IR accepted the offer to have it paid back over 12 month how the hell can they reject it now
Have we missed a payment
It sounds very much like a payment has been missed bud, but I do believe (and I,ll stand corrected) that even though an installment agreement had been reached with the IR they can still demand full payment at any time during that period.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 15:27   #45
Super Moderator

Cheers for that, Rob. Highly informative and, in many ways, worrying post.

Right, D'On, over to you! If you truly care for the club, you know what you have to do!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..