Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 15:55   #46

Re: Looks like some bad news

Just emerged from hibernation with a new outlook on life its been over a year since I was last on here and I bet you've all missed me (not) Just a note hope this does'nt upset coley and the players too much as its hard enough fighting to stay in the football league when you have got no financial worries!! Hope coley can keep the boys focused and I would be willing to invest a few grand if it means saving us from oblivion!!
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2009, 16:04   #47
Full Member+

Some kind of official statement wouldve been appreciated by now
Old 02-09-2009, 16:05   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well put simply its sh1t or bust time, time to stop fannying around n do whatever it takes to keep the club in existance, it needs sorting PDQ, n if it takes n extra share issue to be certain, then fer christ sakes get it done.
Old 02-09-2009, 16:20   #49
Member.

Buckets my arse, your still living in the Whalley era…….Wake the **** up Stanley, 8 weeks - 308.000.00 or your all unemployed. Fight, negotiate, beg or sell yourselves on match days; but do something NOW or We "Proud Stanley" Die.

TM; I refer you back to a comment I posted sometime ago……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 16:25   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it kinda worries me as well. They would have had to go to court this morning with a firm and definite answer to the problem. If they have told the ASSF and HMRC one thing with a view to trying to wing it for another few weeks and if all else fails go back to the ASSF at the last minute then they are fools. It won't happen overnight which I would assume is why they have given us another extension. They are hoping that they can raise enough money with their hand held out to avoid having to give up a significant portion of the club.
Thats the way I see it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 16:45   #51

Why can't ASSF buy one share and then inject money with a view to get it returned if they wanted. Or could ASSF pay off the debt on behalf of Stanley.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 16:50   #52
God Member

20 members and 49 guests... There really is only one Accy Stanley..........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 16:52   #53
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
Why can't ASSF buy one share and then inject money with a view to get it returned if they wanted. Or could ASSF pay off the debt on behalf of Stanley.
There needs to be a control; you can give money hand over fist and still not see any return. From what’s been posted in the past it would appear that money has been give in the past only for it to evaporate in to thin air, this time people will want accountability and a firm hand on the stick.

The more I read of this issue the further away my hand is from my pocket; my guess is that I won't be alone....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-09-2009, 16:54   #54
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
20 members and 49 guests... There really is only one Accy Stanley..........
four and half grand each and the problem is solved

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-09-2009, 17:05   #55
God Member

Smile Re: Looks like some bad news

Your first post is spot on Doug and as for your second, well if only

Old 02-09-2009, 17:05   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Club statement ( Friday 29th May 2009 )

HM Revenue and Customs debt
Accrington Stanley have received notice of commencement of winding up proceedings issued by HM Revenue and Customs in respect of unpaid tax and national insurance contributions of around £300,000, to be heard in the High Court on 10th June, 2009. Taken this from the fishy site,With to days new figure of £308.000 shouldn't there be a £50,000 minus on that bill with what has been given to the club as a loan by two different parties,one would think so if not then like otheres have said whats happened to the £50k...........Time to come clean about the whole sorry buissness be for its to late! £38k aweek for the next 8 weeks HOW
Old 02-09-2009, 17:06   #57
Senior Member+

How many more wrong impressions are we going to have to endure? Wrong impressions about player registrations. Wrong impressions about Fraser Eagle shirt sponsorship. And now wrong impressions about our debt to HMRC. These wrong impressions have already cost us a fortune - and now they seem to threaten the very existence of the club.

Why is the club controlled by people who seem to rely on impressions in order to run the club? Why is there no definite knowledge? Does the club not have legal advisers?

Or did the club in fact KNOW what the agreement was with HMRC but, for reasons as yet unkown, failed to keep to the agreement?

Collect £308,000 by bucket collections? What planet are these people on? "Matches against significant opposition"? Most "significant opposition" already complains about fixture congestion. A meeting in the next 24 hours to discuss fund raising? Why have such meetings not been held already?

What evidence is there that the high-profile appointments have achieved anything?

Why does the club not approach some of the rich and famous who were at the QPR match to request a donation or at least an interest-free loan? Surely Bernie Ecclestone et al would have been impressed by the Stanley performance and fans, and would not be averse to helping out even on a short-term basis?

A whole series of questions. Answers, please.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 17:08   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Club statement ( Friday 29th May 2009 )

HM Revenue and Customs debt
Accrington Stanley have received notice of commencement of winding up proceedings issued by HM Revenue and Customs in respect of unpaid tax and national insurance contributions of around £300,000, to be heard in the High Court on 10th June, 2009. Taken this from the fishy site,With to days new figure of £308.000 shouldn't there be a £50,000 minus on that bill with what has been given to the club as a loan by two different parties,one would think so if not then like otheres have said whats happened to the £50k...........Time to come clean about the whole sorry buissness be for its to late! £38k aweek for the next 8 weeks HOW
It looks as if the monies donated have gone to other day-to-day things, i.e. wages, bills Etc.?????

Old 02-09-2009, 17:09   #59
Senior Member+

I am sorry, but playing friendlies with other clubs just does not cut the mustard. Nor does bucket collections. Yes they will get some money, but nowhere near enough. £300k is a lot of money for a team that has none to find in 8 weeks. Time for Rob Heys and the D'On to talk to and accept the deal from ASSF now not in 8 weeks time. This is not good enough and certainly will not help in bringing in fresh support and sponsorship. There needs to be transparency as to where the 2 x £25k donations have gone. If they haven't been paid to IR then why not as that is what they were given for at a time when there was no money coming into the club. We, the supporters, and especially those of us who have been through this dilemma once before, do not want a similar situation arising again. If this was the fundraising issue that was raised on 2BR last night, then that was in poor taste IMHO.
The board must get off their corporate a**** and sort this out now, even it is an unpalatable solution to them. Get the fans on board and at least listen to them. Poor do in a week that the club scream and shout about £1.2m to refurbish the ground and the players do the club proud even if it is in a micky mouse tinpot trophy game. No good hoping for a big club next round, because the biggest is Leeds and I cannot see them having a full ground (assuming we draw them away) and us getting a big enough share of the spoils to pay off the bill. LETS STOP PUSSYFOOTING AROUND - talk to Ilyas and the ASSF NOW.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 02-09-2009 at 17:11. Reason: addition to text
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 17:12   #60
God Member

Smile Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Why does the club not approach some of the rich and famous who were at the QPR match to request a donation or at least an interest-free loan? Surely Bernie Ecclestone et al would have been impressed by the Stanley performance and fans, and would not be averse to helping out even on a short-term basis?

A whole series of questions. Answers, please.
I think RR, the words "Money, Bad, Good, Throwing, After" need to be re-arranged, in the eyes of some

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..