Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 17:13   #61
Full Member+

Unhappy Re: Looks like some bad news

Can't quite believe this. On a big high after the result last night and now really worried that this time it could be the end. So worried that this is my first ever post.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2009, 17:25   #62
Member.

Re: Looks like some bad news

I think it would be asking to much to expect David O’Neil to **** his investment away after only a few short months, the ASSF taking a controlling share would be to much to ask, however, he does now need to speak openly to those who may wish to invest privately and via the ASSF, if Mr. Khan is prepared to put up 250k to save the club another embarrassing death then now’s the time to do it, no games, no ****ing about; get round a table and find a solution that makes all sides comfortable. Please, one of you pay this debt off now.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 17:27   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I think RR, the words "Money, Bad, Good, Throwing, After" need to be re-arranged, in the eyes of some
Quite so. And that is why a lot of people are reluctant to contribute to the ASSF.

Maybe the DOn has had his chance. I have been reluctant to say this but maybe now is the time. The managerial ineptitude that characterised the later Whalley years is deep-rooted within the club.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 17:31   #64
God Member

Smile Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I think it would be asking to much to expect David O’Neil to **** his investment away after only a few short months, the ASSF taking a controlling share would be to much to ask, however, he does now need to speak openly to those who may wish to invest privately and via the ASSF, if Mr. Khan is prepared to put up 250k to save the club another embarrassing death then now’s the time to do it, no games, no ****ing about; get round a table and find a solution that makes all sides comfortable. Please, one of you pay this debt off now.
Think this has been done already Doug..

A.S.S.F. have more than once offered "Cash for Shares" What more can we do???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 17:35   #65
Senior Member+

My 2p worth, seen as Bagpuss asked so nicely.

All our efforts so far this season have been in vain. We've been shafted by the suits. From the highs of QPR & last night, the only news on Stanley that made Granada Reports was that we owe money. Debtors, Skint, Ran Badly, Tin Pot, clueless, shi tty little Accrington Stanley.......

Now, all I want is a club to be PROUD of..... If we can't afford a league club then lets admit it..... Then either get help to stay here (in the League) or cut our cloth accordingly.

I don't mind watching Accrington in Non League, I have done it for years. What I do mind is NOT having pride in Accrington Stanley. And with every minute this ****e drags on it erodes that pride immensley.......

I will always follow Accrington Stanley in whichever guise, so "SUITS!" sort it please this time

with HONESTY & INTEGRITY

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 17:47   #66
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
with HONESTY & INTEGRITY
Cheers Mr Miller that is all anyone can ask for.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:05   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
And; what the **** happed to openness…..

Perhaps the door was locked from the inside?
Alfred E, now may well be the time to worry!!

He daren't even look at what is happening around him Cowboy!..

As for me ?,Well I am as bemused and confused as everyone else by the reported happenings regarding the Financial Administration of the Club, and by the projected consequences voiced by many who know more than I, in relation to it's future viability.

However I do feel that if ever there was a collection of circumstances which
definately demand total openness and honest communication between the Club and it's supporters, then these are they !!.

So many of us are so obviously feeling the reflected hurt which Accrington Stanley, as that entity which means so much to us, has suffered from the many shattering setbacks which have beleaguered it over the past year.

As one of many who would seek to support the club in it,s current woes, it is essential that the Truth behind these problems, and the projected healing of them, is published for all to see !!.

As for optimism Cowboy, I'll just polish up my Red-Coloured Spectacles...get Alfred.E. to turn his face back to the world...and join my good friend Wynonie on the Rollercoaster !....who knows, when we get off things just might be better !....LOOK TO THE RAINBOW !! .

'ON STANLEY!...ON !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:08   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
And; what the **** happed to openness…..

Perhaps the door was locked from the inside?
[/FONT]
He daren't even look at what is happening around him Cowboy!..

As for me ?,Well I am as bemused and confused as everyone else by the reported happenings regarding the Financial Administration of the Club, and by the projected consequences voiced by many who know more than I, in relation to it's future viability.

However I do feel that if ever there was a collection of circumstances which
definately demand total openness and honest communication between the Club and it's supporters, then these are they !!.

So many of us are so obviously feeling the reflected hurt which Accrington Stanley, as that entity which means so much to us, has suffered from the many shattering setbacks which have beleaguered it over the past year.

As one of many who would seek to support the club in it,s current woes, it is essential that the Truth behind these problems, and the projected healing of them, is published for all to see !!.

As for optimism Cowboy, I'll just polish up my Red-Coloured Spectacles...get Alfred.E. to turn his face back to the world...and join my good friend Wynonie on the Rollercoaster !....who knows, when we get off things just might be better !....LOOK TO THE RAINBOW !! .

'ON STANLEY!...ON !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:19   #69

I am as sickened as everyone else by this turn of events, but, taking a slightly more positive (or perhaps, naive) view......

Is it not possible, knowing how long-winded our High Court system operates, that today's hearing was 'booked' at the time of the alleged 'pay monthly' agreement, on the basis that, just in case we hadn't paid, then they would wind us up........and the adjournment for eight weeks is to ensure we continue to pay????

As I say, I may be being naive, but answers from those concerned should be forthcoming as a matter of extreme urgency, before the club suffers even more damage.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:30   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
I am as sickened as everyone else by this turn of events,

As I say, I may be being naive, but answers from those concerned should be forthcoming as a matter of extreme urgency, before the club suffers even more damage.
the way i see it kitchener that is what should be happening, how the hell can "Any" sponsership be attracted, its hard enough in normal circumstances. silence certainly is NOT golden in this instance.
Old 02-09-2009, 18:43   #71
God Member

What terrible news to wake up too (me)..evenworse for you over there at the battlefield. Can't believe the Don has allowed this to happen after just 5 minutes in control.After all, how long was he at the club for prior to taking over? Surely he knew how the finances 'flowed' ? I'm picking the taxman 'moved the posts' so to speak. Its happened to me.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:51   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
What terrible news to wake up too (me)..evenworse for you over there at the battlefield. Can't believe the Don has allowed this to happen after just 5 minutes in control.After all, how long was he at the club for prior to taking over? Surely he knew how the finances 'flowed' ? I'm picking the taxman 'moved the posts' so to speak. Its happened to me.
quite possible john, whats galling to me is simply no comment from the club about the 25k loans to pay the taxman, were they paid as such? if the taxman has moved the goalposts n stanley "Have" paid those instalments then a statement telling people would surely help galvanise the support. the cynic in me thinks that has not happened.
Old 02-09-2009, 18:53   #73

I have thought about this and I cannot see any other way of paying of this debt than to let ASSF buy some shares. Friendlies cannot be arranged and played as this will carry other costs, we've already played Burnley and Blackburn. Preston won't want to play us as they have a tight fixture schedule. Getting buckets out won't raise enough money I remember one club did it to raise a few thousand not a few HUNDERED thousand, but believe me if it worked I'd use my own bucket and stick he money i'll get from refereeing into it straight away. If ASSF bought some shares enough to get someone on the board to watch where the money is going but enough to keep D'On in charge it would be a perfect solution for all and as fans the money won't be the first thing they want back as the club existing is surely more important. Let's get some proper sponsorship in i.e. a national company, who want to gain some brand loyalty e.g. Tesco.
Anyway it's not up to me ... I just don't want to see the club go away.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:55   #74
Full Member+

Trouble is it doesn't seem like our directors have been signing any
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 18:56   #75
Super Moderator

Well, if the taxman has moved the goalposts (and I wouoldn't put it past 'em) amd Stanley have paid their installments, how come the amount outstanding has RISEN from £300,000 to £308,000?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..