Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 18:57   #76

Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the way i see it kitchener that is what should be happening, how the hell can "Any" sponsership be attracted, its hard enough in normal circumstances. silence certainly is NOT golden in this instance.

Not only sponsors, but all those already saying their hand is now further away from their pockets (i.e. the 'ordinary' fans, those most likely to contribute to ASSF) are basing their decisions on what they see on Granada News, rather than what we SHOULD be told by those with the knowledge to avert any further negativity all round.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2009, 18:59   #77

Say it was £315,000 and the club paid off £50,000 then with more inland revenue payments since the payments were made it could be that the £50,000 has paid 3 months of tax instead of 3 months worth of debt
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:02   #78
Super Moderator

From what Macca was saying this morning, the agreement for a new share issue and the ASSF becoming the majority shareholder was agreed in principle, so why the hell don't the club honour it?

As Macca said, the money is waiting and we desperately need it to ward off the taxman. Once that's out of the way, any further fundraising could be devoted to the day-to-day running of the club.

It's the only viable solution to this mess.
Old 02-09-2009, 19:04   #79
Full Member+

After listening to and reading the interview with Rob Heys on the BBC website and reading the posts on this thread, I can only echo the calls of not just derision about the wholly sorry situation, but the calls made by many for transparency and openness by the club.

As of 19:00pm...no still no announcement on the clubs official website.....we all know that in recent times that for whatever reason the website has been a little slow in being updated!!!.

But for an article / event of such magnitude, it beggars belief that there is not so much as a brief article on there.....maybe the officials within the club are wondering what to write, but it's truly staggering that there's not even a brief statement acknowledging the gravity of the situation and informing of proposed plans??? Telegraph article quotes "emergency meeting planned" ??? Held by and between who ????

As for some of the ideas quoted on that article...I can only echo the sentiments of others.

Friendlies of the size and magnitude which will go a long way towards clearing the debt ?? Reality check folks.... the time to sort such fundraising games was back in MAYor early JUNE when maybe there might have been a remote chance that one of the sides with the clout to fill that category may have offered a PRE-SEASON game to help out !!!! But to now go around stating the club are looking into that possibility after the season is well and truly up and running smacks of desperation......

Bucket collections ??? Whilst every little may help, that avenue of fundraising isn't going to lead to salvation in this situation and neither will, as has been suggested on another thread sponsoring the seats, oh yeah...bone of contention having to put them in, waited till the very last minute until doing so but even at £20 quid a throw as suggested that only raises £40K !!!!

The club knew for THREE SEASONS that the seats had to go in....but albeit under different stewardship (i.e E.W ) the club preferred to bury it's head in the sand so to speak, hoping that we would get dispensation for extra time.....a.k.a. police control box.

O.k. .....Yes we lost money from the Fraser Eagle situation, granted we had to shell out £60K or whatever figure was banded around to put the seats in....but I'm more than concerned by what I heard in that statement I've just listened to.

As before ( forgive me for repeating the obvious ) am I mistaken in just hearing Rob Heys quoting...."the club are hoping to pay a significant amount off this debt" ...a figure of £200K was mentioned...." and the club hopes to negotiate further time to address the balance".....assuming of course the fundraising ideas come up with the neccessary collaterall to support this option.....

INCREDULOUS !!! ......For what I think of that read the preceeding two paragraphs before the last....have these people no sense of deja vu ?? The Football League stated the timescale required with the seats........ the council have been a little more obliging with the control box...... but the inland revenue ain't going to be so obliging if that money isn't found in the timescale set!!!!

And from what I heard the club seem to be stating (via this article and the way I understand it to state )that Mr O'Neill will look at all all options open to him. I can appreciate that he made a significant investment,a share issue will mean that he will probably lose control of the club and with it he loses his investment, however what I read and heard in that article suggests that the supporters trust money will only be used as a last resort.......

If the winding up order comes then there will be NO CLUB TO LOSE CONTROL OF!!!

Well folks.. the clock is ticking...8 weeks to save the club !!!

One final thought... it may have escaped the attention of those who are at the helm in these desperate times, but i'll leave with one final phrase....

" FAMILIARITY breeds CONTEMPT !! "

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:05   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, if the taxman has moved the goalposts (and I wouoldn't put it past 'em) amd Stanley have paid their installments, how come the amount outstanding has RISEN from £300,000 to £308,000?

'IF' my scenario is correct, the 308k could have been the amount owing when today's hearing was booked, I.E. before any payments were actually made.

There I go, being naive again!!
( I really wish I could believe myself!!)
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:05   #81
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whats galling to me is simply no comment from the club about the 25k loans to pay the taxman, were they paid as such? if the taxman has moved the goalposts n stanley "Have" paid those instalments then a statement telling people would surely help galvanise the support. the cynic in me thinks that has not happened.
Rob Heys was on Radio Lancashire a few hours ago and when pressed by the presenter on what had changed with the taxman re: 3 months ago, he stated that ASFC had originally presented a proposal of paying back £12,000 per month and that was rejected. They then went back with a proposal of £18,000 per month with occasional lump sum payments. It was this proposal that they thought had been acceptable to the Inland Revenue. In other words, Rob did not say that £25,000 per month had been agreed and nor did he say that anything about whether any payments had been made.

He also said that the Inland Revenue had been "getting pushy" about the debt over the last few weeks, so this problem with the taxman is something that the club have known about for a few weeks, at the very least.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:08   #82
God Member

The club has NOT PAID the tax man a penny, hence todays action..............lets be quite clear on this.

Where has the money that both the Professor and ASSF Ltd (some £50k) gave in loans gone?Where is the transparancy that the DON was at pains to 'hammer home' to all of us at the last public meeting gone? What the hell are they playing at?..............these questions demand honest, and imediate answers.

The only way forward is the share issue asked for and offered on so many occasions by the ASSF, stop pussy footing around and get it bloody sorted.................oh and finally to the 'new' regime I would remind you that 'Pride often comes before a fall'..........swallow it,admit the failings and lets get it sorted NOW.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:13   #83
Senior Member+

It was obviously brushed under the carpet last time & now "we hope that if we pay a chunk off then it will be ok"..... Thats one helluva hope....

The other thing is whilst this mess was rumbling on, some mad man was releasing to the press plans for 1.2 million pounds of ground improvements......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:13   #84
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
They then went back with a proposal of £18,000 per month with occasional lump sum payments. It was this proposal that they thought had been acceptable to the Inland Revenue.

They THOUGHT it had been accepted? Did they not check, double check and triple check? Did they not get it in writing? If they take such a casual approach to life-and-death matters like this, it's no wonder the club's in this desperate position.
Old 02-09-2009, 19:15   #85
Senior Member+

I'm keeping out of this, but Whalley Red is quite right in reporting what Rob said on the radio today. The £25,000 a month thing was only a verbal agreement and was never a signed deal. In light of that, why would the club make random payments before the deal was officially completed?
Old 02-09-2009, 19:16   #86
God Member

cmon Mr T, you are viewing this thread...............what the hell is going on?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:16   #87
Senior Member+

wages per month total out at nearly £50,000, tax for this month, utilitys and other fees. The clubs income atm i would guess is less than 25,000 per month. Then loan repayments ect.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:17   #88
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
The other thing is whilst this mess was rumbling on, some mad man was releasing to the press plans for 1.2 million pounds of ground improvements......
It did work for a week and got us all optimistic with big plans for the future, we now know it was a smokescreen for what has come out today.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:20   #89
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
wages per month total out at nearly £50,000,
There's one wage I would cut out as of tomorrow.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:20   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
wages per month total out at nearly £50,000, tax for this month, utilitys and other fees. The clubs income atm i would guess is less than 25,000 per month. Then loan repayments ect.
Ha ha ha ha ha , guessing of the wild variety, like it

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..