Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 19:20   #91

Re: Looks like some bad news

The reason why they never made a formal agreement or 'contract' is because you cant really do that with tax..
Old 02-09-2009, 19:22   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha , guessing of the wild variety, like it
top end guess, the club has no assets only the brand name and players.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:24   #93
Senior Member+

I usually think I'm good with words but having read the interview on the BBC site they're failing me just now - my heart's with you all in Accy (and points N, S, E, W & NZ) and my fingers tightly crossed.

On Stanley On ...
Old 02-09-2009, 19:33   #94
Super Moderator

What really, really worries me is that the club are talking about raising £200,000 (from bucket collections and friendlies?) and "hoping" that satisfies the taxman in 8 weeks time. In other words, they're taking a gamble on the very existence of our club...

...AND THE MONEY'S WAITING THERE IN THE ASSF FUND!!

I don't know about you lot, but I'm getting angrier by the minute.
Old 02-09-2009, 19:41   #95
God Member

HERES the interview if you missed it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:45   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

I don't know about you lot, but I'm getting angrier by the minute.
Me too, that's why I'm shutting down PC, opening a bottle of wine, & going to watch Dragon's Den.
(Now there's a thought, would they invest?? In your dreams, they only want winners!!)

Maybe it will all look better in the morning!

Last edited by KiTChener; 02-09-2009 at 19:48.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:49   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post

I believe that Peter Shaw, chair of ASSF Ltd, gave an interview on radio lancs this eve, did anyone hear it or have a link to it please?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:50   #98
God Member

Im still in a state of confusion & shock over all this. This is so much more than rattling buckets, fund raising for pennies & pounds, unless rattling a millionaire's spare change piggy. Serious **** this is & nothing on the realm of the half time announcement either - worrying times indeed now, unless a millionaires piggy bank can be found which would just leave the assf. Think serious action needs to be adopted soon,as all the hard work would be undone as far as local support interest, supporters, ultra's etc especially after great reviews from bigger clubs, will we have a club to support? Shame as im seeing an increase in stanley interest locally.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:51   #99
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Didn't come across as someone who really believes in what he is saying.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:59   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They THOUGHT it had been accepted? Did they not check, double check and triple check? Did they not get it in writing? If they take such a casual approach to life-and-death matters like this, it's no wonder the club's in this desperate position.
As I said in one of my posts, that is exactly the problem - and has been for some time. When it comes to major decisions, I'm afraid the approach has been casual. The evidence has been there in matters of player registrations and sponsorship.

I disagree with the poster who says that a contract cannot be made with HMRC. Payments can be made in a manner that has been agreed. But it seems that the powers-that-be at ASFC do not know what was agreed. How could progress possibly be made in ignorance?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 20:01   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
It was obviously brushed under the carpet last time & now "we hope that if we pay a chunk off then it will be ok"..... Thats one helluva hope....

The other thing is whilst this mess was rumbling on, some mad man was releasing to the press plans for 1.2 million pounds of ground improvements......
. Bloody good point! That had crossed my mind things were looking up & now not.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 20:01   #102

Quote:

Thanks for that, KSH, having listened to what our CEO had to say (and the manner in which he spoke) it has only confirmed in my view that the playing side of the club, including JC & JB, have left the 'Management' side way behind in our steady rise over the last few years, in terms of professionalism & endeavor.
Now I really must go, Dragon's Den awaits!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 20:01   #103
Senior Member+

get your lottery tickets bought boys and girls, then IF you win big, you can put your money where your mouth is

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 20:04   #104

Shambles from the club yet again we all need to work together to raise the money . The club needs to be truthfull with us the fans so the A S S F + ULTRAs etc etc so we can help in anyway we can to get the £££££££££ why not ask other fans of the bigger clubs to make donations eg man utd chelsea etc just need to coordinate everything through one body eg ASSF which definatly needs a web site so people from all over the world can donate .advertise the fact through tv sky media etc
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 20:04   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Me too, that's why I'm shutting down PC, opening a bottle of wine, & going to watch Dragon's Den.
(Now there's a thought, would they invest?? In your dreams, they only want winners!!)

Maybe it will all look better in the morning!
So am I, as I can see the personal vendettas & grudges are about to rear their heads within a very serious subject......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..