Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 22:14   #121
God Member

Re: Looks like some bad news

I'd like to see it paid off and done with but if they don't like the idea of the assf owning fifty percent of the shares what about paying half and get 25%

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2009, 22:25   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Or it represents interest charged on the overdue payments..............just a thought.
Maybe you're right Cowboy !.....But we'll only find out if the Administration of ASFC are sincere in their statement about creating 'an environment of transparency'....We both wish they would...and quickly!.

A.E. is a little concerned I think.....but I really am worried!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 22:26   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
I'd like to see it paid off and done with but if they don't like the idea of the assf owning fifty percent of the shares what about paying half and get 25%
the problem wi that mate is Rob Heys has not actually said who is at this emergency meeting. it should be all interested parties who are willing n able to contribute n ALL options should be open, but is it? n are they?
Old 02-09-2009, 22:29   #124

The time for secrecy has long since passed. For gods sake be open with us and maybe just maybe we can sort this unholy mess out!!

Long live Stanley!!!
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 22:32   #125
Member.

Having read the clubs statement I am now totally convinced that there is something nasty in the coal hole; Eight Weeks of begging!! Sorry; fundraising…what the hell are we thinking of, the club as been trying to raise funds for months and got ****** all for it, I think we’re hoping that international media coverage will bring forth an investor of the super rich kind i.e. MCFC, Man U Fairies or the Liverpool, (the city’s second team). I would doubt this will ever happen. Mr. Khan will be the closest thing to this.

What I will ask is that the club wake the **** up and of Mr. Khan and the ASSF I would ask a modified position, give Stanley the money to clear the tax debt for a further percentage figure that would allow David to retain control with a view of proving his position. I don’t see why the ASSF should hold a controlling stake at this time for it as yet to prove itself. It’s been said time and time again; work together or all of you **** off and let the club pass into history with some DIGNITY.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 22:42   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whats the differance doug? had the don proved himself yet? i agree they should all work together n like i said all options should be open n considered.
Old 02-09-2009, 22:50   #127
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whats the differance doug? had the don proved himself yet? i agree they should all work together n like i said all options should be open n considered.

Hard news cashy, just thinking out load...Pain killers and Grouse before bed isn't helping any.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 22:51   #128
God Member

i'd agree too u have to give don some chance after all he is still shovelling up the mess that eric left behind & thats no easy feat for him at all.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 23:10   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
i'd agree too u have to give don some chance after all he is still shovelling up the mess that eric left behind & thats no easy feat for him at all.
certainly thats my feeling, i'm meaning all parties should be together n compromise n get this founder member club outa this crap. where i dont see this is in Rod Heys comment- Dismissed out of hand.
Old 02-09-2009, 23:22   #130
Senior Member+

Over the next few days and weeks we will be announcing a number of initiatives to bring in funds to be specifically used to clear this debt, some of which will bring in relatively small amounts, some hundreds of pounds, some thousands of pounds and some tens of thousands of pounds.

Why so late in the day? The club has known the extent of the problem for long enough.

As others have said, what exactly was the point of annnouncing the stadium plan to cost of £1 million when the club knew of the imminent problem.

I would dearly like to know which national or international companies have been approached for sponsorship in the last six months. On an individual basis, sponsored seats and bike rides etc are brilliant ideas and well-worth supporting - although I suspect it is the same comparatively small group of people who will support them. I'm stating the obvious when I say that what we need urgently is a huge injection of cash. It seems to me that that can come from only two sources. One is Ilyas Khan and ASSF, and the other is a major sponsor.

Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 00:05   #131
Senior Member+

Worried and worried.....

I agree with rob and many others that Dave O'neil deserves "time" to prove himself because the mood around the club has changed recently BUT he cannot insist on this "time" at the cost of the club !!

And the Inland Revenue has just set the Alarm clock.....

We really need BIG sponsors the kind that unfortunately at the moment are keeping there money tight..NO TIME

The Only 2 immediate outcomes I can see are

1 Offer out shares to ALL who want to buy, But allow Dave O'Neil time to run the ship with conditions.... TIME dictates that this is implimented ASAP.

2 Let 8 weeks come and go, go into admin, sell to ASSF or highest bidder (GAZZA ??) Take point deduction, and enjoy NON-league next season....

Problem with Shares are they are linked to Gross worth and a club that rents the stadium and is struggling to make ends meat week in week out is not that desireable to investers (Dont think a famous name carrys much wait at moment). Ilyas's MONEY is LOVE money and a real gift at moment, Shares would be of interest to other fans too at moment with maybe many thousands waiting to be bought ??

Really hope that COMMON SENSE rules the day here and we are fighting for the play-offs come the end of season..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 00:18   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
One is Ilyas Khan and ASSF, and the other is a major sponsor.
I don't understand why the two can't be merged. I know it's a separate issue but the club needs major sponsorship; it's clear that potential business affiliates are distancing themselves further and further from the club at the moment. It's just my opinion but sponsorship of the ground seems the fairest way of handing over a large sum to the club. I don't understand why there's this fear of donating money to the club without a substantial amount of shares given to the company in return; I'm pretty sure that Mr O'Neill wouldn't rush out and spend the money on sweets. Surely the ASSF realise that a fresh share issue is completely unfair on the club's new chairman and it was only a realistic prospect while Eric Whalley was still the one at the helm (of course the personal agendas of a few so-and-so's were included in the idea of a fresh share issue at that time). There's a quarter of a million pounds that we know about sitting there ready to be pumped into the club by people with brilliant intentions at heart. As has been mentioned earlier in this thread (think it was Doug) compromise must be exercised but it is imperative that it happens quickly. A controlling stake won't be handed over; if that means that less money is pumped in then so be it but please can those involved with the ASSF push for some way of getting a sizeable chunk of the money donated to the company into Accrington Stanley Football Club - as soon as possible.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 00:21   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

outcome 2 is not palatable to me, after going through the demise of 62.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:39   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I don't understand why the two can't be merged. I know it's a separate issue but the club needs major sponsorship; it's clear that potential business affiliates are distancing themselves further and further from the club at the moment. It's just my opinion but sponsorship of the ground seems the fairest way of handing over a large sum to the club. I don't understand why there's this fear of donating money to the club without a substantial amount of shares given to the company in return; I'm pretty sure that Mr O'Neill wouldn't rush out and spend the money on sweets. Surely the ASSF realise that a fresh share issue is completely unfair on the club's new chairman and it was only a realistic prospect while Eric Whalley was still the one at the helm (of course the personal agendas of a few so-and-so's were included in the idea of a fresh share issue at that time). There's a quarter of a million pounds that we know about sitting there ready to be pumped into the club by people with brilliant intentions at heart. As has been mentioned earlier in this thread (think it was Doug) compromise must be exercised but it is imperative that it happens quickly. A controlling stake won't be handed over; if that means that less money is pumped in then so be it but please can those involved with the ASSF push for some way of getting a sizeable chunk of the money donated to the company into Accrington Stanley Football Club - as soon as possible.

Shaker, ASSF Ltd did put money in three weeks ago to the tune of £25k, this was given as a 'short term loan' to help with the tax bill. The club has not paid ANY tax as was agreed,and if ya believe Rob Heys statement then well, sorry but foolish!........this money has NOT been accounted for.

ASSF Ltd had a meeting some time ago now with representatives of the club including Don and Rob, where we were assured that we would recieve a breakdown of all financial details/debts etc..............we are still waiting!

I for one would not blame Ilyas one bit if He wanted 'concrete assurances', backed up with a legal commitment on behalf of BOTH parties before putting anymore monies in.

Upto press, IMHO, the new regime has not moved that far away from the old one (financialy speaking)............and before anyone says the DON has only been in the job for 2 mins, lets not forget that He has been involved with Stanley for the best part of 2 yrs now, you cant tell me He didnt know the state of the club before taking over...............If He didnt, then that is very poor business practice at the very least.

Yes, things have moved on in respect of the 'professionalisim' of the club, and that must be applauded, but that is just one aspect of the business, what the hell is going on in the rest of it?

I dont mean to sound negative, but at this moment in time the club has to make a move and quickly.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:45   #135
Junior Member+

Sorry to hear about the financial problems surrounding your club,sounds like heads need to be banged together to make them realise just what a mess a famous club like accy is in.In my travels around various clubs i've heard similar stories of clubs keeping the fans in the dark until it's too late and then the grim reaper descends like a dark mist.I sincerely hope all parties gather round the table to thrash out this proud clubs problems,although reading through the posts on this subject,it appears to me that your fans are being treat like mushrooms(kept in the dark and fed a load of bulls**t).The tax man takes no prisoners and doesn't care about any company irrispective of it's long standing or famous name,they want their pound of flesh no matter how they get it,all companies know the script so it's down to the people who run the said businesses too make sure that the people who support them every week i.e the fans are kept informed.It's too late to shut the stable door when the horse has buggered off so to speak,i really do hope it all gets sorted for the fans and for the sake of accrington stanlefc.Good luck you guys long may you survive.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..