Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2004, 13:38   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Lutel

Lutel is rated too.

http://www.confguide.com/cboard.mpl?...d&thread=27218
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2004, 21:44   #17

-Lute played brilliantly last season, especially during the run in when he had been carrying a hamstring problem. It was Paul Mullin (my Player of the Year this time) who looked distinctly past it. However, I cannot remember him having a good game at home this season and since the FA cup exit he has been very disappointing. A lot of this criticism is due to his lack of real effort and commitment, a very stark contrast to last seasons Lutel. I don't know if playing him out wide at times has upset his consistency, especially when so may people have agreed this is where he can play his best football, ie. when he can pick the ball up and run at defences. He has absolutely no confidence and is being pushed around by the opposition like an eleven year old boy and this is very sad to see. I think two things may have helped improved him: having competition for places up front thus allowing him to be rested and given the opportunity to kick start his season after a game or two on the bench, and being full time whereby he could work on his game with the management during the week. Now having seen todays game has confirmed to me that there was competition up front in the shape of John Durnin who hasn't really had a chance to honestly prove himself until today. Whenever John has come on he has harrassed and challanged for the the ball and work as hard as could be expected. He hasn't been as sharp in front of goal as we would have liked but that is probably to do with him only having 25 minutes (well not much) match football behind him until today. I hope Lute can work things out. He has lost a little respect from many of us because he hasn't battled even though he hasn't played well. Anyone can take a dip in form but it should not stop a player from trying, that is the least any paying fan can expect from a player.
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 21:47   #18
Senior Member+

From the rumour I heard today, I hope Lutel likes seafood.
Old 17-04-2004, 22:22   #19

Well he had his suit on, he must have been for a job interview
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 10:23   #20
Senior Member+

Tin monkey...... heard the same rumour. But also spoke to a fan who said he had asked lutel and he said he had signed for stanley for next season?????????????????????????????????? This is all talk mind you
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..