Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2005, 08:31   #1
God Member

Lutel James

Lutel James (pic from www.altrinchamfc.co.uk) Played for Alty last night...

I WISH HE WAS STILL PLAYING FOR US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 29-07-2005, 08:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lutel James

Is that *THE* Gary Williams following him off?

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 29-07-2005 at 08:44.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 08:43   #3
God Member

pic: Lewis Chalmers, Lutel James and Gary Williams.
Old 29-07-2005, 08:47   #4
Senior Member+

I think Alty will struggle this season. I wish them no harm, but a team that only just made it in to the Conference is going to struggle IMO.
Old 29-07-2005, 08:59   #5
God Member

I would tip them for mid table because there on a roll and as we all know that roll can go over into the next season... with only two going down then I think they will survive and thus be stronger for the following season... crowds should rise better than ours if everything they say is to be believed and that will give them a sound footing... I think teams like Alty and Barrow should be in the conference..... thats so wierd because there the two teams i dislike most... mainly because of there fans...
Old 29-07-2005, 10:32   #6
Senior Member+

I agree kippax

but the table will not lie at the end of the season.
Old 29-07-2005, 11:04   #7
Senior Member+

He has officially signed for them now, Good luck Lutel But not against us
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 12:30   #8
God Member

has he? blimey.. well then good luck to him and I look forward to saying hello to him pretty soon then... another player who will get a good reception from accy fans
Old 29-07-2005, 12:45   #9
God Member

The picture above is really quite interesting for Accy fans... Lutel James and Gary Williams obviously...but what about Lewis Chalmers the third person in the pic... Also strong Accy connections..

Anyone know ??? answer in an hr........
Old 29-07-2005, 12:53   #10
Super Moderator

Was he in our youth team a couple of seasons ago? I seem to remember he was youth team player of the year.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 13:02   #11
God Member

well done.. have 8 karma points as yer prize

he was captain for two years as well.
Old 29-07-2005, 13:07   #12
Super Moderator

Cheers, Mr K!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:51   #13

Wink Re: Lutel James

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I think teams like Alty and Barrow should be in the conference..... thats so wierd because there the two teams i dislike most... mainly because of there fans...
Alty are in the conference and should be because they won their place there in the play off's. No team has a divine right to be there though. You have to earn it there though on merit, not the history/size of your club.

Yes Barrow are a big club with probably a bigger fanbase than Alty or Accrington will ever have but are in the league below at the moment but after overcoming our problems, maybe this will be our year.......

PS Why don't you like us?
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 23:07   #14

Smithy & Flitty two possible answers. Lads our fans feel may have been misjudged by our management but hey we only pay at the gate. Two players you lucky swines must promise to look after as they always give 100% plus. They will help you avoid the embarrasment of a straight drop at least. All the best for the season ( until you play us of course!)
Old 30-07-2005, 09:56   #15

Kipax , bit baffled about your comment about Alty fans considering you spent so much time following us around at the end of the season. All fans of all teams get wound up when their rivals get success. Success tends to breed a bit of arrogance and Aly fans didn't like the way
Accy fans/administrators went on with themselves before and after your promotion, (and over the Ian Craney transfer). Didn't help that you clinched it playing us. I couldn't bring myself to stay in the ground to watch the celebrations unfortunately which was regrettable thinking back. Didn't Lutel score that day? I've always enjoyed my trips to Crown Ground as I feel you're going to watch a real football match going up there. A few Barrow fans can be very annoying though. They have an element that like to provoke a row, if not actual trouble.

Alty's chances of staying up? There's a lot of teams in the Conference with financial trouble. We might not have money to spend but it's all under control now. I think we will make it because I can't see a repeat of last time's rollercoaster where we didn't lose to Kidderminster in two games and still went straight back down. Going to be bumpy though.
Unemployed Coalminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..