Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2016, 11:22   #1

Luton away travel

Firstly, may I take this opportunity to thank Nick and the OSC for pledging a large monetary support for away travel.

Some the funding was used for the Newport coach and the remainder can hopefully get used for Luton Away. Having the fall back against uptake makes it much easier and better for everybody as coaches can be booked much sooner!

So next away game travel details are as follows:

9th April 08.30am set off
£20 per head.

Please let me know if you would like to book

Thanks
Ash
DAV007 likes this.
Old 01-04-2016, 19:50   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Luton away travel

We've got tickets at the Club; I'll check out the prices over the weekend, but they'll be in the shop tomorrow
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:39   #3

Come on folks, leave your cars at home let the coach take the strain, support the away travel
We had a great day out at Newport and back in the Crown for 9pm
Book on now with Ash before its too late!
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:16   #4
God Member

nothing that I,d love to do more nick but I,ve got my dogs to take out in the mornings and no way I could get to the crown for 8.30. anyone who have never been to luton you,re in for a shock. it makes burnley look picturesque. if you go down by car take any accy related stuff out of your vehicle and keep your mouth shut till you get into the ground.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:38   #5
Senior Member+

Mmmm .... I used to live in Dunstable which was pretty dam depressing itself, but if I started to feel really down I could just go to Luton which made Dunstable feel like paradise
Old 02-04-2016, 11:53   #6
God Member

Hmmmmm, these comments about Luton are dampening my enthusiasm a tad about going?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:27   #7
God Member

Parking can be a real problem anywhere near Kenilworth Road, unless you get there in the morning.
Whilst Luton is akin to playing abroad, it's worth it just to enter the away end through what was someone's front room.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 19:20   #8
God Member

I'll look forward to that! (I think)?????
Old 02-04-2016, 20:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Hmmmmm, these comments about Luton are dampening my enthusiasm a tad about going?
went last year, defo a bit of a dump, but the natives were friendly enough,we found. sod all else matters imho.
Old 02-04-2016, 20:30   #10
God Member

Thanks Cashy, you're right - when the locals are friendly it's half the battle & usually means a decent day out. The mere mention of some opposition grounds is enough to chill the blood
Old 03-04-2016, 07:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Thanks Cashy, you're right - when the locals are friendly it's half the battle & usually means a decent day out. The mere mention of some opposition grounds is enough to chill the blood
locals are friendly, don't think so. been to over 80 grounds in the country and is the only one apart from Birmingham city where I,ve had damage to my car. drivers door keyed. been there twice and the first time I,d just got out of the car and was confronted by a couple of them who asked me who I suppoted. no colours on me but my accent gave it away. lucky for me they weren,t playing pools or darlo. if you,ve got to go catch the supporters bus.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:13   #12
Junior Member+

How much is admission
redarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 16:38   #13
Super Moderator

Luton are saying it's all tickets with no cash turnstiles; I'll check with them tomorrow as to exactly what they mean!!

Adults £20, Young Adults + Seniors £15
U18's £8 and U10's £5

Got tickets in reception during the week.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:38   #14

Thanks Mark, if you could let us know for sure, ill advise all those travelling

20 booked on at minute! Thanks to funding from OSC we need jsut 9more for this ro run

Come on people, all aboard!

Thanks
Ash
Old 04-04-2016, 17:49   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Parking can be a real problem anywhere near Kenilworth Road, unless you get there in the morning.
Whilst Luton is akin to playing abroad, it's worth it just to enter the away end through what was someone's front room.

No it isn't !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..