Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2018, 19:49   #46

Re: Luton Match

Very unsavoury post match recriminations on Twitter.

I find myself rather sympathetic towards Luton. Seems they were very kind to the Stanley fans with free food and drink, then played the game in great spirit.
However, sean seems to have initially angered them (there’s no doubt he dived outrageously) but then some Stanley fan BBC journalist has publicly voiced what appears to be a rather dodgy allegation of racist chanting that has gone down predictably badly.

In the highly unlikely event there’s any substance to it, I’m really not sure what good will come of voicing off on Twitter, inevitably generating ill feeling with Luton fans, rather than just reporting what she thinks she heard to officials?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2018, 20:06   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Were you actually at the match Lord D?
Old 24-10-2018, 20:12   #48
God Member

Lord D.
The free food vouchers - yes, a nice gesture but perhaps it was also an apology for the way our fans were treated last season.
Sean - let's face it, even if he'd played like an angel the Luton fans can't stand him after he celebrated rather vociferously in last season's victory at Kenilworth Rd.
As for the racist abuse allegations, she did not just tweet about it, she reported it to the police - something I doubt she'd do without any substance.
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 10:24   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
By all accounts we didn,t play badly better team on the night won. i never really expected us to win given lutons form of late. only disappointment is the score to me. but onwards and upwards,
honestly i,m quite happy with 3 points from playing peterborough and luton away. we are not going to win every game but i hope coley does not go over defensive because of the defeat.
cashman and chevyfire like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 11:04   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
honestly i,m quite happy with 3 points from playing peterborough and luton away. we are not going to win every game but i hope coley does not go over defensive because of the defeat.
To be fair i reckon any fan will be pleased with 3 pts from those 2 away games? its a decent return for any 2 in my eyes!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-10-2018, 12:53   #51
Senior Member+

Time for reality to kick in. We're over achieving and still going great. Luton have invested heavily and score goals for fun at home.
You cannot train a goalscorer instinct. Being in the right place at the right time. In Collins and Hylton Luton have just that ...... but they've financially had to invest above and beyond to secure that. Apart from the goals Hylton did very little but if you're a Luton fan who cares ? Compare that to Zanzala (who is doing much better in recent weeks) and you can see he's having to think to get into areas rather than instinctively getting there. Hylton three chances three goals. Zanzala three clear chances one goal.
Before everyone starts it not a criticism of Zanzala just where we are right now.
I would have taken being five points above the relegation spots at this time of the season before the season started having looked at the fixtures so to be where we are is fantastic.
Defensively Ripleys return will help confidence. No surprise to me to see Hughes being a bit nervy with Maxted behind him. Saturday is another massive test. However you've got to play em some time.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 14:27   #52

Clark now suspended for Saturday after picking up 5 bookings. Piero to start on the right?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 14:37   #53
Senior Member+

One of those things. Hardly a dirty player and never shows dissent ...... and never any unsporting behaviour. Very unlucky when you see some of the stuff dished out on him that goes unpunished. Think he'll be a big miss Saturday as much for his defensive abilities .... he doesn't half put in shift in that sometimes goes unnoticed.
Old 25-10-2018, 14:46   #54

Not that I think there should be a knee jerk reaction to a loss or that we are doing anything particularly wrong, but maybe a change to a 3 5 2 might be something to think about. Would probably be a bit more defensive than current set up as our left and right back play so high up the pitch. Just a thought to throw a bit of a curve ball at the opposition. We did the same for a short period last year which did produce some results before reverting back after a few poor results.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 17:19   #55
God Member

Not even November and players banned for totting up???? Not good!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 17:20   #56
God Member

And of all the players......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 18:06   #57
God Member

Clark accruing five yellow cards says more about poor referees than it does about the player.
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 18:23   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Clark accruing five yellow cards says more about poor referees than it does about the player.
Agree 100% Clark aint a dirty player at all, nor does he appear gobby,
Old 25-10-2018, 19:54   #59
Senior Member+

We all thought it was four ..... came as a shock to be honest.
The “booking” at Oxford was never in the refs report ....... hey ho.
Old 25-10-2018, 20:00   #60
Senior Member+

Think McConvilles on 4 as well

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..