Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2015, 21:47   #46

Re: luton town

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Nicely worded report,but as exile said he failed to mention Stockleys tackle putting dean out the game or rearranging Cookes nose !!!
No complaints tho,quite like a tough battle
How is Dean, Mr W? Any chance of recovering for tomorrow night?
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2015, 22:09   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
How is Dean, Mr W? Any chance of recovering for tomorrow night?
Been having physio and hopefully available for selection,although the forecast ain't good.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:05   #48
God Member

Hope Dean's injury isn't too serious, and also hope we have enough cover to allow him the time to fully recover.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:05   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hope Dino aint risked if he aint right, this time.
yonmon likes this.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:21   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope Dino aint risked if he aint right, this time.
Your right Cashy and there are lads chomping at the bit to get a game.
If fact,in my opinion,its one of the strongest Acci squads i have seen and you feel anybody picked will do a job.
I Remember,not long ago,we struggled to fill the bench !!!,how times have changed
cashman likes this.
Old 03-03-2015, 13:15   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Dear Aunt Amy,

I know that you don't receive many letters from elderly gentlemen, but as I am beset by a problem regarding the vagaries of Millinery design, manufacture, and presentation, I write to you hoping that you or one of your colleagues at ' Ladies Gazette' will be able to resolve my problem and afford my troubled mind some respite !.
It is just that recently I have, as opposed to my usual habit of wearing Hats and Caps created in the County style by Charles Trwwhit of Savile Row, been seduced by the popular press into
going out to two football matches wearing what I understood to be rather upmarket wooly cap produced, or so the inside label says, by The Karsten Company in San Diego.
Preening myself in the mirror before venturing forth, This sporting headgear really did in my opinion look quite fetching, but then I am given to excessive narcissism at times and so could have been slightly mistaken !.
But I sallied forth and enjoyed the warmth afforded to my tender ears by the comforting of applied merino wool, and as far as I can remember behaved myself at the game in my usually
urbane and reserved manner, and this is where the story really begins !.
It would appear that my darling little woollen cap was not to everyone's liking, oh no !, for two gentlemen who I like to look on as 'friends', have subjected me to open ridicule just for daring to

After a lot of thought I have the solution for your headdress Yonmon....No run of the mill P+ng hat for you like f19....As you have a regal presence I feel the word Royal should be on the badge and to denote your skills on the golf course no better name than Hoylake...and as I know your respect for our humble manager Liverpool...Hence I have a grey and navy blue wool hat with the badge Royal Liverpool Hoylake...I hope this meets with your approval and you will be presented with it at the game tonight.
Old 03-03-2015, 13:30   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
After a lot of thought I have the solution for your headdress Yonmon....No run of the mill P+ng hat for you like f19....As you have a regal presence I feel the word Royal should be on the badge and to denote your skills on the golf course no better name than Hoylake...and as I know your respect for our humble manager Liverpool...Hence I have a grey and navy blue wool hat with the badge Royal Liverpool Hoylake...I hope this meets with your approval and you will be presented with it at the game tonight.
Well i have to say such a marvelous gesture, is very befitting to a gent of yonmons caliber,
Old 03-03-2015, 14:24   #53

Quote:
Well i have to say such a marvelous gesture, is very befitting to a gent of yonmons caliber,
jus' so long as it doesn't go to his head !
Old 03-03-2015, 15:06   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Anything is an improvement on the "walnut whip" he was wearing on Saturday
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
Old 03-03-2015, 16:32   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Anything is an improvement on the "walnut whip" he was wearing on Saturday
There you go , taking the gloss off everything again !..

Can't understand what all the fuss is about though ?.... All I'm trying to do is keep the Solar Panel for my sex drive warm and operational !. But thanks for your kind consideration Chubbyman ..see you and Tom later !.....as for ' im from Wiggun '..?????

NB...This Luton Town thread hasn't half lost it's way,wonder if the Moderator is looking askance at our frivolities ??.

Last edited by yonmon; 03-03-2015 at 16:35.
Old 03-03-2015, 16:44   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
There you go , taking the gloss off everything again !..

Can't understand what all the fuss is about though ?.... All I'm trying to do is keep the Solar Panel for my sex drive warm and operational !. But thanks for your kind consideration Chubbyman ..see you and Tom later !.....as for ' im from Wiggun '..?????

NB...This Luton Town thread hasn't half lost it's way,wonder if the Moderator is looking askance at our frivolities ??.
You could treat the Moderator to your Walnut Whip to appease him.
Old 03-03-2015, 17:57   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Aye, you guys need to be careful. I seem to remember F19 taking his bat and ball away from this forum because it was straying into non football matters!
Old 03-03-2015, 18:01   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Aye, you guys need to be careful. I seem to remember F19 taking his bat and ball away from this forum because it was straying into non football matters!
Bat and ball or HAT and ball
Old 04-04-2016, 18:03   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Di...... I can attest to the fact that your friend and mine was in an agreeable state of mind, if his beaming smile of welcome for me was anything to go by !. However, it did little to placate my feelings that in a crummy Stadium, in an even crummier Town where the only pies available are of the crummy Chicken Balti ilk ...Yuk !...where I witnessed yet another crummy referee in action, where do the F A acquire such officials ?.....saw a vile bunch of crummy home fans !....met two crummy stewards who could not understand, let alone answer the simplest of questions !...
Then I find that I missed an opportunity to chat with Revived Red !...so all in all Di today was crummy !!.
As for the game F19 has said it all !!.....Goodnight all !!.
Here's why, in spite of Ash's great efforts and Nick's invite, I shall not be at Luton !...twelve months have done little to repair the emotional damage inflicted on me last season !.
Old 04-04-2016, 18:50   #60
God Member

Go on Alan, book on & I'll pop some proper pies in with me packed lunch for you so you don't have to suffer any crummy Chicken Balti ones???
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..