Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2015, 13:21   #1
Full Member+

luton town

same team and formation as tuesday, by the looks of it
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2015, 14:44   #2
God Member

Re: luton town

1-0 to Luton
Old 28-02-2015, 14:50   #3
God Member

Matty Crooks on at CB.
Old 28-02-2015, 14:53   #4
Full Member+

I see James Grey isn't even on the bench again.
baldy likes this.
Old 28-02-2015, 17:49   #5
Senior Member+

Not much in the game especially the first half with us playing most of the football and missed a sitter to go ahead.
They scored right on half time and was a bit controversial to say the least, with blocks all over the place,but stockleys header was first class,although dean committed the first rule of defending "never" let the forward see your number!.
I don't comment on refs but let's say he was inconsistent!!
Positives , there was little between the teams,negatives,it not hard to set up a team to pin your wing backs back and become five at the back not three.
Interesting if we stick with it.
Old 28-02-2015, 18:01   #6
Resting in Peace

Ah well, I suppose it was asking a lot for another energy charged performance against a top team so soon after Tuesday night's efforts. Sounds like our failure to take chances cost us again. It will be a tough test against the Shrews on Tuesday and they will be smarting after two straight defeats.. If Deano is out through injury I would like to see Lids back in as his combination with Piero could make all the difference.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 28-02-2015, 18:09   #7
Super Moderator

Before we all get downhearted; Luton scored at a time when Deano wasn't 100% (after being fouled)

Luton's budget is 4 times ours; 2nd highest in FL2
Old 28-02-2015, 18:14   #8
Senior Member+

Agree redraine, I would have taken two points from our last two fixtures so three is a bit of a bonus.
Frustrated tho as they weren't that good,only stockley stood out, what a tough lad he's become.
He give it but also took it!.
The challenge from behind on dean was a poor one and ultimately put him out the game ( ref never gave a free kick !! ),and they scored a minute later !
No problem with the rough stuff as long as the decisions are consistent and as I said Jayden took it as well as giving it
Old 28-02-2015, 18:27   #9
Senior Member+

Fair play to the players who sat with the fans, that's what Accrngton Stanley is all about,not many other teams/players would do that
Old 28-02-2015, 18:40   #10
God Member

As ever, F19's summary says it all. Thought Stanley played some good stuff in the first half but, other than Windass's one-on-one with their keeper, they didn't threaten much. Luton's first goal came at the wrong time, and for all the wrong reasons. Second half Stanley seemed to lose the plot, Luton were quicker to the loose ball and their CBs dominated most balls in the air ( of which there were far too many from both sides). Losing Deano made matters worse and, at the risk of stirring the haters' hornets nest, I now suspect that Stanley's latest signing isn't even a very good defender.. And, having tried Conneely at right and left back, he was played in the middle of the back three but doesn't (yet, ever?) dominate like a big ugly CH should. Thought Gornell tried his best but didn't look fully fit.
Work still in progress, methinks.
Look forward to another funereal video summary from Professor Coleman.
Old 28-02-2015, 18:49   #11
Senior Member+

Didn't see you exile or I would have had a natter
Good chat with Revived and he's gone up in my estimation as he played at school with one of my icons !!
Cashy seemed in a good mood !!,but shudder to think what his take is on the ref
Old 28-02-2015, 19:01   #12
Senior Member+

Just a word for chubbyman,can you get rid of that cap please as you look like Del Boy Trotter !!!
AccyMad, DAV007 and smobile like this.
Old 28-02-2015, 19:56   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Didn't see you exile or I would have had a natter
Good chat with Revived and he's gone up in my estimation as he played at school with one of my icons !!
Cashy seemed in a good mood !!,but shudder to think what his take is on the ref
You met Cashy when he was in a good mood? Crikey O'Reilly - not many can claim that privilege
Hope Deano's injury not too bad, we could do with him fit for Tuesday
yonmon and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 28-02-2015, 20:07   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Just a word for chubbyman,can you get rid of that cap please as you look like Del Boy Trotter !!!
Sod that Ian it keeps my head warm.......why don't you leave me alone and pick on Yonmons Tribal Headdress?
football19 likes this.
Old 28-02-2015, 20:26   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
You met Cashy when he was in a good mood? Crikey O'Reilly - not many can claim that privilege
Hope Deano's injury not too bad, we could do with him fit for Tuesday
Di...... I can attest to the fact that your friend and mine was in an agreeable state of mind, if his beaming smile of welcome for me was anything to go by !. However, it did little to placate my feelings that in a crummy Stadium, in an even crummier Town where the only pies available are of the crummy Chicken Balti ilk ...Yuk !...where I witnessed yet another crummy referee in action, where do the F A acquire such officials ?.....saw a vile bunch of crummy home fans !....met two crummy stewards who could not understand, let alone answer the simplest of questions !...
Then I find that I missed an opportunity to chat with Revived Red !...so all in all Di today was crummy !!.
As for the game F19 has said it all !!.....Goodnight all !!.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..