Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2014, 09:31   #16

Re: Luton Town Match Thread.......

Not too sure about Lynch - some good stopped don't get me wrong but he was slow to come off his line and slow across the ground when he did - the defenders were but under pressure a few times when the keeper could have sweeper up to prevent it.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2014, 09:48   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Had the chances to win it, But out muscled, need a big spoiler big time in my estimation, Hunty will never ever be a midfielder,too late was the cry. Once again the officials not much cop at all The first Luton goal was n offside just before the goal move, the liner never flagged, Still its the only consistency ive seen yet this season.
agreed cashy (Officials not much cop) its almost like there is a conspiracy by the match officials in charge at the store-first to get Stanley relegated out of the Football League, time and time again we get a one-sided referee
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 10:26   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Not too sure about Lynch - some good stopped don't get me wrong but he was slow to come off his line and slow across the ground when he did - the defenders were but under pressure a few times when the keeper could have sweeper up to prevent it.
Thought his decision making was good,when he came he always got there and a few times gathered at the forwards feet.
It became more difficult for him as we defended deeper and the space in front disappeared.
Make some great saves/blocks but did the basics right for me and can't recall him making a mistake
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 10:35   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I don't agree with that, Sam. He was off his line like a rocket several times to bravely dive at the attacker's feet! He also has a great kick on him but it was a pity we didn't have anyone to latch on to them and hold the ball up, so too many times their enormous no.5 just returned them with interest. Many on the Clayton end, me included, were imploring JB to use one of 2 centre forwards as subs in good time to have any effect, but to no avail. When Hunt came off at a snail's pace when subbed, and the goalie didn't show a bit of urgency with his kicks it seemed they were under instructions to play for the draw, which was very frustrating at the time, but in retrospect a point is, hopefully, something to build on. People criticized young Windass for wasteful finishing, but show me any other of our midfielders who get into shooting range and have a real go. I'm confident he will come good given time. Finally, I thought Atkinson was MOM and for me, his pairing with Tom is our best CB option. Agree with other posters that Hunt is all at sea in midfield and the sooner the scales fall from JB's eyes the better!
cashman and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 10:49   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought Lynch had a good debut meself, played well also when he came on fer Simpson at Shrewsbury, dunno what sams watching?
Old 24-08-2014, 11:23   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I don't agree with that, Sam. He was off his line like a rocket several times to bravely dive at the attacker's feet! He also has a great kick on him but it was a pity we didn't have anyone to latch on to them and hold the ball up, so too many times their enormous no.5 just returned them with interest. Many on the Clayton end, me included, were imploring JB to use one of 2 centre forwards as subs in good time to have any effect, but to no avail. When Hunt came off at a snail's pace when subbed, and the goalie didn't show a bit of urgency with his kicks it seemed they were under instructions to play for the draw, which was very frustrating at the time, but in retrospect a point is, hopefully, something to build on. People criticized young Windass for wasteful finishing, but show me any other of our midfielders who get into shooting range and have a real go. I'm confident he will come good given time. Finally, I thought Atkinson was MOM and for me, his pairing with Tom is our best CB option. Agree with other posters that Hunt is all at sea in midfield and the sooner the scales fall from JB's eyes the better!
It's difficult for me to comment on CB pairings,but I can see why they paired Tom and Rob as there threat was ariel and not pace.
I know we don't agree on much but Rob MOM ?,how did you come up with that,he lost nearly ever header against benson !!!,for me the keeper was MOM.
As a side question,of all previous games Tom and Rob played together how many wins or clean sheets have they had?.
Both good players,but if you play them ,for me, you have yo have pacy defensive fullbacks as they are very similar type of players .
Old 24-08-2014, 11:39   #22
God Member

I thought Lynch had a decent game can,t be easy for the defence with ever changing keepers, thought 2nd half we defended well and could have nicked a couple at the other end. I also think we need a commanding midfielder in there with Joyce but with our budget it,s hard tough test at Bury next week where we hardly ever get the rub of the green wonder who will be sent off next week let,s hope we get the 3 points.
Chubbyman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 13:30   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
It's difficult for me to comment on CB pairings,but I can see why they paired Tom and Rob as there threat was ariel and not pace.
I know we don't agree on much but Rob MOM ?,how did you come up with that,he lost nearly ever header against benson !!!,for me the keeper was MOM.
As a side question,of all previous games Tom and Rob played together how many wins or clean sheets have they had?.
Both good players,but if you play them ,for me, you have yo have pacy defensive fullbacks as they are very similar type of players .
Nothing much wrong with Tom's pace, but every time I saw Benson winning the arial balls in the first half it was him being done. But Benson is a fine player and is way beyond in class anyone we can start.
Old 24-08-2014, 14:32   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Nothing much wrong with Tom's pace, but every time I saw Benson winning the arial balls in the first half it was him being done. But Benson is a fine player and is way beyond in class anyone we can start.
Agree about benson,he was on a different level to his team mates.
When I talk about pace,it's when CBs get dragged into the wide areas,do you think Tom would make a good fullback?,as every time he gets dragged into them areas he's not as effect,hence my comment on defensive fullbacks that will block that up.
A lot of our previous CBs ie sunbefs,hessey etc.. Were less effect in them areas.
Old 24-08-2014, 14:56   #25

Personally I thought Jay Lynch had a superb match - would have been nil points without him !
peter9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 19:13   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Agree about benson,he was on a different level to his team mates.
When I talk about pace,it's when CBs get dragged into the wide areas,do you think Tom would make a good fullback?,as every time he gets dragged into them areas he's not as effect,hence my comment on defensive fullbacks that will block that up.
A lot of our previous CBs ie sunbefs,hessey etc.. Were less effect in them areas.
You have really lost me now, mate! As far as technical matters are concerned I always take listen to my mate, Choirboy, who played for Stanley in their wilderness years. He also thought Atkinson was MOM, so who am I to disagree?
football19 likes this.
Old 24-08-2014, 20:59   #27
God Member

Unfortunately not at the match, but read comments on here with interest. Luton were a lot of folks pick for promotion, so by next May we'll know how good the point was for Stanley.
From brief video I've seen, there were two good opening goals from both sides, but second goals looked stinkers for both defences.
After last season, when I recall the Stanley wall jumped up and let a ball sail through underneath and into the net, letting a shot deflect through the legs of the wall is a minor improvement, I guess. It shouldn't happen, though.
Could have been worse.... Tranmere had a 2-0 lead at home and ended up with no points.
Can the Shakers be shaken?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 21:23   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Like lynch i also thought Atkinson was very solid, Wereas fer me Tom aint been anywhere near last seasons standard so far?
football19 likes this.
Old 24-08-2014, 21:35   #29
Senior Member+

No one has mentioned Stanleys 2nd goal.
Special praise must be given to Luke Joyce for his bravery and determination.
Impressive commitment.

Im starting to feel sorry for Joyce having Hunt as his partner in midfield, why cant Beattie see that Hunt is not going to transform into a midfielder in the twilight of his career?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 22:19   #30
Senior Member+

I am kind of surprised that no-one has mentioned that the 2nd goal Luton scored came from a non-foul. Think is was either Tom or Rob got the ball and kicked it towards one of our defenders then their forward came and tripped over the outstretched leg after the ball had gone. Got to agree about the officials, gave Stanley nothing (apart from the 2 goals) all afternoon. Thought Jay Lynch had a de cent game and certainly kept Stanley in the game in the 2nd half. Still 1 point gained is better than 3 lost.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..