Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2018, 19:52   #76
God Member

Smile Re: Luton Town Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
J.C.s video on the match is spot on i reckon.
Becoming quite a fan Cashy

baldy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2018, 20:35   #77

Re: Luton Town Match Thread

Steady boys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (36.3 KB, 15 views)
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 20:44   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Becoming quite a fan Cashy

wouldn't say that joe, i believe in credit were its due.
Old 10-03-2018, 20:52   #79
God Member

Disgraceful behaviour by some Luton fans after the final whistle I believe, isn't it weird that the further up the table we go & the more teams we upset the sourer those grapes taste
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 20:56   #80

Twelve points from ten games required?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 21:02   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Disgraceful behaviour by some Luton fans after the final whistle I believe, isn't it weird that the further up the table we go & the more teams we upset the sourer those grapes taste
Locked in for 35 minutes when we came out we were parked at the bottom of the street at the Tory club we were advised by the police not to walk down give it 5 minutes whilst we get rid of the nutters at the bottom corner peppered sprayed one idiot then walked us down the street got to car at 6-40 scum not true Luton fans as before in the club they were all very friendly as for the game we deserved to win we scored more than them fantastic support again out singing a capacity Kenilworth road.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 21:49   #82
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Twelve points from ten games required?
I'd say 15 for promotion 21 to win the league. May need less but I think this team is capable of this and it means we won't need favours from others.
Old 10-03-2018, 22:12   #83
Senior Member+

WE'RE ACCRINGTON STANLEY AND WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE love Saturdays!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:06   #84
Senior Member+

Most fans' videos of games don't warrant a mention but this one includes some decent shots of the play, including Sean's goal at 3:44. There was even applause from the Luton crowd!

Last edited by MikeA; 11-03-2018 at 07:09.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:09   #85

Thanks for the link Mike. What it does show is how little Luton were able to hurt us, especially second half. Sure we conceded a lot of possession, and they knocked it around confidently as you would expect of a side at home who’d been top since November. But we stopped them playing through the middle in the final third, and crosses into the box did us little harm. Difficult to see from the vid, but the goalline clearance from Jimmy D was a Hail Mary moment, the ball was actually past him but he flicked a heel out and diverted it over the bar.
Not a classic game by any means but tight and tense throughout. Once Stanley got through the first 10 mins the first half evened out, and the frustrating thing was that their equaliser came just when we had got the upper hand in the second. But the memory of Billy’s fizzer nestling in the corner of the net will stay with me for a long time.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:30   #86
God Member

Just popped into the LET website, our lads did an amazing thing yesterday knocking Luton off the top after they've dominated the league since November & yet not even a mention on there, never mind a report!
Plenty of coverage of Rovers & Burnley games but no doubt it'll be at least tomorrow before we're thought about - so frustrating!
Chrisr likes this.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:36   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just popped into the LET website, our lads did an amazing thing yesterday knocking Luton off the top after they've dominated the league since November & yet not even a mention on there, never mind a report!
Plenty of coverage of Rovers & Burnley games but no doubt it'll be at least tomorrow before we're thought about - so frustrating!
The L.E.T. is crap di, get a copy of the Football League Paper, as well as match report theres a full page article on us by Gregor Robertson.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:46   #88
God Member

Agree Cashy, & might just do that - I never buy the telegraph anymore, just have look online but it's very rare there's anything worth reading or if there is it's old news
Chrisr likes this.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:36   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
I'd say 15 for promotion 21 to win the league. May need less but I think this team is capable of this and it means we won't need favours from others.
85 has to be the minimum target.
There are so many games where sides play each other.
Mansfield away and Wycombe massive games.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:41   #90
Senior Member+

I parked in the B&Q yesterday about a mile and a half from the ground. Always have done never a problem. However yesterday there was a bit of tension in the air so was glad to get on the A505 / M1 and heading for home.
Luton are a good side. We rode our luck at times but you cannot take away from this group the never say die attitude.
Carry that through the next 10 games and we're home and dry.
Got to capitalise on the next three. 7 points please.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..