Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2017, 18:36   #16

Re: Luton Town Match Thread - Last home Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
I think I must have been sat close to you, I was quite irate at one point but when the 4th went in thought 'live and let live'
We sit level with 18yrd line, & agree, after second went in, we decided to ignore their celebrations!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2017, 19:07   #17
God Member

))(**^#(*)*!#!!!!!!^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 19:27   #18

There are times when you just have to accept that the best team won!
Times when you have to take it on the chin.
Today was such a time.
At half time, I was looking at the other scores & thinking blimey! If we win this game, we'll only be 1 point off the play-off spot.
By full time, that hope had well & truly evaporated. Other teams managed to turn their games round and, erm, we took a beating.
Luton showed why they are in the play-offs. They were just quicker, more organised & deadly in front of goal.
Still, perhaps today has saved us from another visit to heartbreak hotel.
Can you imagine travelling to Satanage on the last day only one point away from seventh place!
Nay, nay & thrice nay!
I'm happy to drown my sorrows tonight, instead of next Saturday!

PS. What more must Harvey Rodgers do to win MOM? Despite the result, he was outstanding today.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 19:33   #19
I am Banned

Suprised nobody's mentioned the shocking display from the ref today he made kettle look good
AccyMad and KiTChener like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 19:56   #20
God Member

The ref was atrocious - not biased, just thoroughly inept once again!
We were also sat near the Luton fans who were booked into hospitality, & although a little annoying we had a good bit of banter with them & they didn't cause us any bother - the question must be asked though, would any other club allow away fans in the home stand & pick the motm?? Maybe the lure of their money is more important than the feelings of our own fans - just a thought
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 20:28   #21
Senior Member+

first half I thought we were the better team, we definitely had the better chances, second half Luton stepped it up and found so much space out wide, no complaints Luton deserved their win, even with the loss it was a very enjoyable game to watch
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 20:36   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The ref was atrocious - not biased, just thoroughly inept once again!
We were also sat near the Luton fans who were booked into hospitality, & although a little annoying we had a good bit of banter with them & they didn't cause us any bother - the question must be asked though, would any other club allow away fans in the home stand & pick the motm?? Maybe the lure of their money is more important than the feelings of our own fans - just a thought
Just watched Coley's post-match comments, & he didn't rate the ref either, although he was careful in the way he said it! On our budget, & his salary, he can't afford a fine!!

Agree wholeheartedly with your comments re- Luton fans, banter is OK, but they were irritating, to say the least! Still don't think they should have been allowed to sit where they did, no matter how much they paid for 'Hospitality', if there are no allocated seats left, make 'em stop in the Sports Bar & watch on telly!!
Still, hope we made a profit from them!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 29-04-2017, 20:47   #23

My twopence worth, first 20 mins we started well and deservedly went in level at half time. Second half Luton where a bit more feisty than us and the referree allowed their physical approach (kee always seems to get rough end of decisions on the physical battle). If felt luton wanted it a tiny bit more than us. On top of a few of our players having slightly below par performance(beckles, Clark and mccartain) and that's why we lost. Always a pleasure to have the Norwegian fans over (although we seem to lose when they come) they help the atmosphere. Credit billy kee, Seamus coneelly and Matty Pearson they all really interacted with fans on the lap of appreciation.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Rowlf likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 21:03   #24

P.s. can't be too unhappy. Now 12 seasons in the football league!

KiTChener likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 21:32   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
My twopence worth, first 20 mins we started well and deservedly went in level at half time. Second half Luton where a bit more feisty than us and the referree allowed their physical approach (kee always seems to get rough end of decisions on the physical battle). If felt luton wanted it a tiny bit more than us. On top of a few of our players having slightly below par performance(beckles, Clark and mccartain) and that's why we lost. Always a pleasure to have the Norwegian fans over (although we seem to lose when they come) they help the atmosphere. Credit billy kee, Seamus coneelly and Matty Pearson they all really interacted with fans on the lap of appreciation.

I actually think Jordan Clark played quite well today to be fair
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 22:22   #26
Full Member+

I was there today because my grandson was playing with the Rosegrove team who were mascots and played 5 a side at half time. I enjoyed the game and I have to say what wonderful support you all give your team. Even when 4.1 down you were still singing 'We love you Stanley, we do.' Not like Man U fans who you never hear when they are losing.You were spot on about the players after the match chevyfire. A couple came over to the Rosegrove children and signed autographs. My thoughts as an outsider ..superb supporters , great team, wonderful club.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 22:34   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I was there today because my grandson was playing with the Rosegrove team who were mascots and played 5 a side at half time. I enjoyed the game and I have to say what wonderful support you all give your team. Even when 4.1 down you were still singing 'We love you Stanley, we do.' Not like Man U fans who you never hear when they are losing.You were spot on about the players after the match chevyfire. A couple came over to the Rosegrove children and signed autographs. My thoughts as an outsider ..superb supporters , great team, wonderful club.
So you didn't come over especially for your FREE copy of Life:Style magazine!!

Hope you picked it up anyway!!

Presume your first game here, thanks so much for your comments, hope you & your grandson would like to attend many more games in the future!!
Old 29-04-2017, 23:13   #28
Full Member+

Our poor coverage cost us dearly. the space on the outer wing near the main stand was always an unguarded opening for a quick attacker and we saw that today. We were up against a good Luton team. I was surprised we actually made a couple of subs. Two of the goals were a comedy of errors and a ref that was out of his depth. I think Coley has summed the match up about right. The big question is who will be here next season and what type of pre season friendlies will we have. We need some strong opposition to get us up and running.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 07:47   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post

As MOM is voted for by Hospitality 'Fans' & most of today's lot were from Luton, I guess the vote was a little ironic?

As an aside, we were subjected to having to endure a dozen or so Luton fans sat below us in the main stand...... when queried with a steward, was because they were 'Hospitality', & overspill from the section just below the lounge, so could not be ejected to the away end where they belonged.

Good job we Stanley fans are so amenable, would hate that situation to arise at many other grounds!!
Despite the defeat, I enjoyed much of the game as a football match. My enjoyment was ruined by the presence of the Luton supporters amongst us in the main stand. That should simply not have been allowed. I recall a few years ago that Manchester United fans were ejected from the family area at Villa Park for celebrating a United goal in what was a designated "home area".

AccyMad is quite correct - money rules now at Plastic Box Stanley. I wonder if the powers-that-be were as embarrassed as we all were at the selection of MotM. Probably not. Obviously we can score own goals off the pitch as well as on it.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 08:12   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Despite the defeat, I enjoyed much of the game as a football match. My enjoyment was ruined by the presence of the Luton supporters amongst us in the main stand. That should simply not have been allowed. I recall a few years ago that Manchester United fans were ejected from the family area at Villa Park for celebrating a United goal in what was a designated "home area".

AccyMad is quite correct - money rules now at Plastic Box Stanley. I wonder if the powers-that-be were as embarrassed as we all were at the selection of MotM. Probably not. Obviously we can score own goals off the pitch as well as on it.
I remember going to Turf Moor several years ago, to watch Burnley v Man City. I had been invited by a couple of Burnley supporting workmates, as they knew that City had been my boyhood team.
City won 6-1... you can imagine how I had to suppress my emotions as each of those six goals went in!!
If only those Luton supporters had muted their reactions in a similar way!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..