Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2017, 09:04   #31
I am Banned

Re: Luton Town Match Thread - Last home Match

Don't know why anyone's suprised by the Luton fans celebrating in the home end, they're not exactly subtle from down there, all the club cares about now is money, starting to lose touch with its own fans for its own greed
keep the faith likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2017, 09:44   #32
Senior Member+

Agree with the Lord about Clark. First half the balls in from the right were far more dangerous than the left. We were solid down the right but deary me the left .......
McConville gave Don no defensive support. All well and good bringing Edwards on .......but to replace someone who's a supply route ?
We really struggle to get the ball out wide from midfield. I get the feeling McCartan has been carrying that groin problem for a few weeks now.
Luton are my favourites to win the play offs.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 10:00   #33
Full Member+

Ha Ha Yes KiTChener I did get a copy of the magazine....and then left it in my daughters bag. Still I ll get it back today and enjoy reading it. It is not the first time I have been to the Wham and I have watched Stanley at Peel park years ago. My dad played for them at the beginning of the war (I wasnt around then) and I have watched him play on Peel Park with the Nori team.
KiTChener likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
, all the club cares about now is money, starting to lose touch with its own fans for its own greed
without the club getting money we,d be following york into the abyss. if people don,t turn up the club had to increase revenue at every possible corner. some might not like it but no money = no club.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:33   #35
God Member

Absolutely agree Monkey Hanger. We cant expect the goodwill of folk like Andy Holt, Peter Marsden et al forever. At some point this club has to start generating its own funds and AH is the man to begin that process.

He has the funds to ensure we dont get our trousers ripped down with regards to transfers so as and when we see real fees coming in the club could really transform.

A few years ago we got good money for Procter and compo for Coleman - on the back of abysmal for Ryan, Grant, Gornell and others. That money disappeared into the black hole of debt, late payments and court/solicitor costs. Hopefully those days are behind us now, and a self sufficient club, along with the occasional cup run, transfer fees AND the backing of an ambitious owner, mean that we can look forward to a healthier future.

All those things also mean that the club will, at some point, be able to stop fire fighting, dealing with miniscule things, and start to develop. A healthier bank account and money coming in may mean being able to actually develop a long term business plan and to begin the task of taking back the town.

I read this forum with dismay sometimes, when the gripes are about something and nothing. We are on the cusp of greatness (for us) and the good times could be about to roll. I say let things be because there would be nowt worse than disheartening a good man like AH over triviality
Old 01-05-2017, 13:25   #36

Well said Macca. Although I'd say the good times are already rolling. If anyone has not enjoyed the last two seasons (as I have done) then you need a reality check when you next look around our small, sparely filled ground as we whup yet another bigger club's ass.

And when you realise you are only paying £9 for the privilege plus a quid for a half time cuppa, please reconsider whether it really is just about the money these days.

As a great man once said...."get behind the club"

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 01-05-2017 at 13:27.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 16:20   #37
Full Member+

Well I hope those who are griping about something and nothing had a reality check on Saturday when little Charlie came on the field. That really puts things into prospective.
smudgie and KiTChener like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 18:11   #38
Full Member+

The club has only recently got any segregation so most stanley fans are used to away fans celebrating amongst them.

The MoM award is not supposed to be objective, the sponsor with give it to the player they want to meet at a lot of clubs, and never to the away side of course. Sometimes they may pick the only player with black boots or some other arbitrary reason.

The clubs end of season party carried on to the early hours with Mr Holt buying the drinks amoungst the great unwashed in the town centre.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 21:06   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The club has only recently got any segregation so most stanley fans are used to away fans celebrating amongst them.
This statement comes as something of a surprise.

Quote:
The MoM award is not supposed to be objective

Quote:
Sometimes they may pick the only player with black boots
When did this happen? I haven't seen any player with black boots for quite some time.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 22:35   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
This statement comes as something of a surprise.

When did this happen? I haven't seen any player with black boots for quite some time.
I know someone who got to pick it as his company sponsored it and he used the black boots method. Imagine if you are a sponsor after several pints, you may think it is funny to give it to Omar after the nod, but he did signal that is what he was doing. Also get hammered and still the home team gets it at every club - therefore not objective.

At the crown for most of its history there has been no segregation, and accessible seating has been within the home support even after segregation

Stanley fans were more offensive with the homophobic chanting again, "who's the faggot in the pink", comedy genius from the drum boys.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..