Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2016, 17:48   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Luton Town Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Morecambe at home next weekend..................... Sell out ?!?!?!
Can't see them bringing many for fear of a drubbing. Can we live up to big expectations at home for once? Surely Coley can't be bigging up the opposing manager this time after the run they are having! I hope we crush them but wouldn't like to see them relegated , which is unlikely.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2016, 17:55   #32
Senior Member+

Daggers and York look gone to me........

Wont lose any sleep over Daggers going but always enjoyed a day out in York.

Just a shame those morons from the A1 arent going down...... Just imagine we could have sent them down on the final day
monkey hanger likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 17:57   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
On way back - brilliant result, battling performance from our boys against a Luton team who knew how to find their men but thankfully not the back of the net!!!
Special mention to young Brad & Piero - both had really good game & of course our scorers Scott Brown & El Tel - our lad's certainly don't do me blood pressure any good but so glad I was there to see it, chuffin 3rd!!! What a day
I see you have avoided mentioning Fosu. How did he do? Surely you can't expect him to keep producing miracles from 20 minute cameo appearances every week?
smudgie likes this.
Old 09-04-2016, 18:37   #34
God Member

I didn't avoid mentioning Tariq on purpose, first post was done quickly after final whistle while I was still coming down from all the excitement
He did fine & especially with his assist for Terry's goal, he almost scored a third but was thwarted as he pounced - that do?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 19:47   #35
Senior Member+

Goals...

Luton 0-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
smudgie, cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 09-04-2016, 20:13   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I didn't avoid mentioning Tariq on purpose, first post was done quickly after final whistle while I was still coming down from all the excitement
He did fine & especially with his assist for Terry's goal, he almost scored a third but was thwarted as he pounced - that do?
Cheers, sounds great!
Old 09-04-2016, 20:27   #37
Senior Member+

Been up North all day supporting my daughters doing the "Born Survivor" course at Lowther Castle which was an EPIC !!!! They did superbly and I think that KIPAX would be proud of the photos I took....223 in total!!!!
Driving home we got the last thirty minutes of the match on Radio Lancs at 1 - 0 and then the late goal by Terry. I nearly drove off the carriageway!
Another EPIC Stanley result away from home against a big club!
Third place now and I can't wait for next saturday against our old rivals from 'The Bay'.
COME ON STANLEY.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
KEEP IT GOING LADS.

choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 20:32   #38
God Member

Fantastic result and great to leave with all three points, but it was one helluva battle.
For a neutral it was probably a good game to watch. End to end at times,superb playing surface, and officials who didn't spoil matters.
Thought Luton had the best of the first half of the first half and missed two absolute sitters. Stanley seemed to leave them all the space they needed, until they got close to the penalty area. Luton also played really wide, with guys hugging both touch lines at all times so there was always space for them to receive the ball and attack. First half I didn't think Stanley really threatened. Too many high balls for Mr. Gornell to have to challenge for with his head. Their defence cleared most of them and the ones Terry won were flicked on to no-one. I'm really pleased TG got his goal but that first half really showed how important is a player with Billy Kee's ability to hold onto the ball.
But second half was much better from Stanley and an earlyish goal was welcome relief. Good pass through for Windass to cut the ball back from the right hand side of the box for Scott Brown to sweep home. The back four were again really solid, with both Messrs Halliday and Pearson creating panic when they muscled their way forward. Luton have some useful players and it was no small feat keeping another clean sheet. Couple of fabulous saves from Mr.Etheridge, as well all round control in his area.
As the game progressed Luton seemed less likely to score, and with the introduction of Mr. Fosu, Stanley were more able to threaten down both wings. Pierro yet again put in a shift and a half and the second goal,after a nicely weighted cross from Mr.Fosu, was received with even more rapture and relief. Especially by TG himself!
Should just be able to grow some more fingernails by next Saturday, but doubt if the dizziness over this third place business will be so easy to get over.
Well done to all the squad, even those sitting with the fans, and the management. We can do it.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 20:45   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2 good goals yon i thought.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:59   #40

Thought we were going to struggle early on. Luton played a pressure game that prevented us playing out from the back and Terry was struggling against their two big lads at the back. Also they seemed to be finding too much space between our holding midfielders and the back four. Only a couple of decent saves, a great tackle from Halliday and a really bad miss kept them out in the first twenty minutes but then we seemed to find our feet and they didn't seriously threaten after that although we didn't much in the first half.
A great run and pull back from Joss and a great finish from Scott Brown two minutes into the second half changed everything and from then on in felt like there would only be one winner confirmed with Fosu's superb cross and Terry Gornell's header for the second.
I thought Brad Halliday was outstanding today supported by Piero Mingoia who covered every blade of grass down both right wings. Gornell struggled early on but grew into the game and won more and more balls second half and deserved his goal. Fosu will play at a much higher level but I couldn't work out whether the management had told him to run all over the place or whether he lacks the positional discipline to stick to his wing so I'm still not convinced by him as a starter but as an impact sub against a tiring defence you couldn't want anything better.
I couldn't get to Woking because of a wedding. I can't get to Wycombe because of a wedding. Is it going to happen again? I think it might!
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:05   #41
God Member

top three now its up to us not to blow it now. 5 more wins and we,re up. went to see pools at Morecambe yesterday. wish we were playing them they were totally awful. their 2 goals only came from mistakes and hartlepools declared after roche was sent off again. pools have some useful lads but I can see us holding them at the vic. as for Morecambe I hope they play like that next Saturday as it will be a great day out for the reds. 7 days is a long time in football however but can only hope. as for the water baby Ellison he continues to try to wind up everyone with his antics but did not get much shift from the referee who had an excellent game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:23   #42
Senior Member+

I like the fact that Stanley are quietly going about their business under the radar of the national press, leaving the team and manager with little pressure. All the plaudits are going to Northampton Town (and rightly so) but our charge up the league has largely been overlooked. Long may that continue

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:56   #43
Full Member+

We were sat among some Everton fans on train yesterday , I told them we had just been to watch Stanley at Luton , they immediately responded with praise for our team as we are doing well and they hope we get the promotion we richly deserve . They also want shut of Roberto Martinez , even if they win all their remaining games.
monkey hanger likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:20   #44
God Member

Sorry, Greeny, but I'd not trade Professor Coleman for Snr. Martinez. Everton can keep him.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:14   #45
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

MATCH REPORT: LUTON 0-2 ACCRINGTON | We Are Luton Town

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..