Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 17:04   #166

Re: Macclesfield Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Maybe but it's ridiculous that we need others to lose, we need to survive on our own merit or it'll be the same story next season
I know it is, but many have already said we are going to have rely on the bottom two not winning for us to stay up, i think we can well and truely write this season off as totally shocking, both in terms of managerial tactics/decisions and preformance`s from the team.
Hopefully things will be better next season, well i think they will have to be for the sake of the club. as people wont continue to pay to watch what we`ve had to watch this season.
Old 29-03-2008, 17:05   #167
God Member

Thats me gone folks, ta for the company .... see some of you Friday night for the Daggers game, please God it's better than this one has been.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 17:11   #168
God Member

I wouldnt bank on the daggers game either - home record is worse than the away ones

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 17:13   #169
God Member

Betya our lot made more noise than them...shame we don't get bonus points for that...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 17:17   #170
God Member

LOL kiwi our fans out do our players

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 17:18   #171
Senior Member+

I said a couple of months ago that we'd be totally reliant on the teams below us continuing to lose. With 5 games left (6 for Mansfield, etc) we'd be very unlucky to go down. In reality we probably need one more win to guarantee safety and we should be looking to get that next Friday. However, as Macca says, that's a long way from a certainty.
Old 29-03-2008, 20:15   #172
Resting in Peace

We have absolutely no firepower up front. I can't remember their goalie having to make a save. We were shocking in the first half when we should have used the wind and rain at our backs to better advantage, but what did we do? You guessed it - humped it up to Mully, with no end product. We actually got it down more in the second half and played some decent approach stuff, even better when down to ten men, but again no end product whatsoever.. I think Coley said on the radio we were the better team, but he wasn't watching the same match as me. They had quick, clever forwards who hunted in packs and had several chances to wrap it up in the second half when their running off the ball gave them men over and we were lucky to keep the score down. Give Grant a start on Friday please as he seemed to threaten the penetration we so badly need.
Todd was our MOM by a mile - worked his socks off and never gave away possession cheaply, unlike so many others.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 23:12   #173
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We have absolutely no firepower up front. I can't remember their goalie having to make a save.

that seems to have happened a lot this season. You've got to buy a ticket to win the raffle (or whatever the saying is)
Old 30-03-2008, 05:10   #174

No one up front again , aswad was doing alright till sending off . Ref was a joke again , think macc wanted it more then us . must still have D'sane's goal still on their minds . We didnt play too badly , craney seems to make to many wrong passes . Aswad was clear on left just outside box unmarked screaming for ball from craney but craney looked at him then sent ball other way and lost ball . Liked to have seen whalley change places with todd . todd would have linkedup better with mullen webb should have been at centre with kemps with phil at right back . Grant did alright when he came on . still think a draw would have happened if aswad had stayed on .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 10:10   #175
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We have absolutely no firepower up front. I can't remember their goalie having to make a save. We were shocking in the first half when we should have used the wind and rain at our backs to better advantage, but what did we do? You guessed it - humped it up to Mully, with no end product. We actually got it down more in the second half and played some decent approach stuff, even better when down to ten men, but again no end product whatsoever.. I think Coley said on the radio we were the better team, but he wasn't watching the same match as me. They had quick, clever forwards who hunted in packs and had several chances to wrap it up in the second half when their running off the ball gave them men over and we were lucky to keep the score down. Give Grant a start on Friday please as he seemed to threaten the penetration we so badly need.
Todd was our MOM by a mile - worked his socks off and never gave away possession cheaply, unlike so many others.
Can't play against 11 men and 2 subs (ref and 1 of the liners) with 11 or even 10 men. We did not get a decision all afternoon,yet the players were being kicked, pulled and pushed by Macc all the time. Physical yea, illegal no. Aswad deserved to go, but lo and behold 5 mins later, Whalley went in on the keeper a little late (he got booked and deserved it) keeper swung at Whalley and got nowt, not even a talking to. I think this is maybe why our players heads are going down as well as being played out of position. Mullin was a mile too slow and clearly not ready to come back. So where was Leighton McGivern again? What has the lad to do to get into the team FFS. He really must have upset JC and JB to not get a look in. Sat next to one old guy yesterday and he said the Macc match was the deciding factor as to whether he got a season ticket for next year. So that's another supporter lost. Come on Stanley, show the same sort of passion as the Ultras show you. BTW Lesley as a NUN - I don't think so.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 11:02   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
BTW Lesley as a NUN - I don't think so.
ha ha ha ha thanks

It was a bit of a mish mash game for me, some good some not so good, but missed half of second half and aswad's sending off, finishing my drinks but we sang our hearts out once again... stewards were great, but have to say steward no 36 falling flat on his back was one of the funniest moments of the day

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 11:04   #177
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can't play against 11 men and 2 subs (ref and 1 of the liners) with 11 or even 10 men. We did not get a decision all afternoon,yet the players were being kicked, pulled and pushed by Macc all the time.
It's funny, but a Macc fan on another forum was saying the exact same thing about the way that the officials favoured Stanley. Really is a game of opinions eh?

Quote:
So where was Leighton McGivern again? What has the lad to do to get into the team FFS. He really must have upset JC and JB to not get a look in.
Isn't McGivern injured? I thought he was out through injury?
Old 30-03-2008, 11:32   #178
God Member

There was also the incident where a macc player went straight through Toddy, from behind, both feet first, then appeared to punch Toddy in the face as he was getting up. The macc player just got a talking to from the ref, no card of any colour.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 11:52   #179
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
..Isn't McGivern injured? I thought he was out through injury?
He must have played Wed for reserves, t'Fishy site - Leighton McGivern missed a penalty in injury time at the end of the match.

Personally, I think Coley has a few players on the books he just doesn't rate at this level.
The strange thing is, just before their contract runs out they get another one.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 13:09   #180
God Member

McGivern not fit last week or this yet plays 90 minutes midweek?

lost for words really

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..