Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 20:17   #31

Re: Magpies at home thread

How disappointing!
At 3.45pm we were 6 points clear at the top with 2 games-in-hand on the Hatters.
After a nail-biting second half we're still top, but both Luton & Wycombe managed to turn defeat into victory & reduce the gap.
I thought the Magpies would have proved more difficult opponents today & predicted a draw. Frankly, I was more impressed by FGR!
After Chappers unfortunate accident, Maxted took his opportunity to prove what a good keeper he is with a truly confident display.
For what it's worth, my 'm.o.m.' would have gone to young Jimmy Dunne, who's slowly morphing into Matty Pearson.
Whether playing creative passes out of defence, intercepting nearly every high ball or almost scoring from a corner, he was immense today.
Earlier in the season, Luton were runaway leaders simply because they scored more goals than anyone else.
Now, we are the masters simply because no one can score against us.
When our forwards are misfiring, our defenders (Hughes) or midfielders (Conneely) step up to the plate to find the winner.
We have become an unstoppable force because this squad believe they can win every game. We fear no one!
On Stanley! On! - Glory awaits.
KiTChener, ossy kid and choirboy like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2018, 21:47   #32
God Member

If that was disappointing Lord S, what wouldn't I give to be so disappointed every week! Every man jack of our lads gave 110% yet again - onwards & upwards boys
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:45   #33
God Member

hope maxted plays at colchester his performace deserves a run in the side. he is certainly better for my nerves as well.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:16   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
hope maxted plays at colchester his performace deserves a run in the side. he is certainly better for my nerves as well.
That's not fair on Chapman MH, yes Johnny Maxtead did well yesterday but if Aaron is ok for next week he should definitely be back between the sticks, he's earned the place
Old 03-04-2018, 12:20   #35
Senior Member+

Once again it was a strange game,they didn’t look a bad side,but didn’t play as a team,we did,with all the lads putting 110%effort in.
That really was the only difference,
Thought we edged it in the middle of the park,so I’d go Brown as my MOM,he never let them settle.
Two wins for me and we will go up as champions!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:54   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That's not fair on Chapman MH, yes Johnny Maxtead did well yesterday but if Aaron is ok for next week he should definitely be back between the sticks, he's earned the place
could look at it the other way also. maxstead had a good game then it would be unfair to drop him. its just that he looked a better allround keeper to me and not just one game either.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:35   #37
God Member

Just don't think we it'd be good to change a settled, winning side unless it's unavoidable as was the case on Monday, only my opinion of course
baldy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..