Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2021, 15:40   #31
God Member

Re: Main stand redevelopment

Andy Holt is THE man!
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2021, 15:46   #32
God Member

When finally finished this ground will be the best smaller stadium in the league,s.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 17:31   #33

Talking Re: Main stand redevelopment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I quite liked 1991 . . . . . . . (& before anyone says otherwise, i'm not being negative - just nostalgic)
Please don't get me wrong AccyMad.....I loved the old sports bar......I've had many a great night after the game in there. And even not so great nights when we've lost and been on a poor run with small crowds with just me my mate and the ladies behind the bar for company........But change happens and we know Andy Holt has got his heart in the club and wants to do the best for Stanley and not just his wallet. Let's embrace the change, celebrate it and move forward with the Owner, Manager, Team and supporters.......by all means look back with fondness and with happy memories......but move forward with ambition, new beginnings and pride...
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 19:03   #34

Quote:
I quite liked 1991 . . . . . . . (& before anyone says otherwise, i'm not being negative - just nostalgic)
......when you could walk round the ground and watch the game from both ends after enjoying a pint in the bar. Happy days, but we move on and progress.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:14   #35
Senior Member+

I do wish the club would keep us up to date with this sort of stuff on fishy. I don't have any liking (or time) for Twitter. Anyone in position to drop a hint?
Old 08-04-2021, 09:09   #36
God Member

Quote:
doubt anyone will be negative about the situation. this work is improvements and not changes for the sake of it that usually make a lot including me feel nostalgic.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:21   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I do wish the club would keep us up to date with this sort of stuff on fishy. I don't have any liking (or time) for Twitter. Anyone in position to drop a hint?
With you mate on this, Twitter Community rule...........

cashman likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:40   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt anyone will be negative about the situation. this work is improvements and not changes for the sake of it that usually make a lot including me feel nostalgic.
These changes are being done with the future of generation,s of fans to benefit from being done so they can be altered to future needs, the next one will be the big one what replaces the open away end I should imagine this will have a lot of supporters input before the final plans are drawn up all positive for both club, fans and the general area.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:42   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:

Most club employees; including media are still on flexi- furlough. Only essential match day stuff and mandatory EFL stuff is being put out.

We've had no income (other than EFL payments) since March 20 so very penny saved is vital.

I'll mention it when they are in tomorrow

Last edited by Mr T; 08-04-2021 at 09:43. Reason: typo
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:44   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
With you mate on this, Twitter Community rule...........

It's another sign of being more 2021 I'm afraid. Register on Twitter and follow ASFC, the supporters group and Andy Holt the Chairman. So much on there.......it's worth it. Get someone tech savvy or young on the family to help you. Once set up it runs itself. No maintenance or action required. Once set up, just open twitter and see the latest news and Andy Holts views instantly.....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:51   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

many people have a strong dislike for twitter myself included though i am on it i only go on match days.
MikeA, keep the faith and pifco like this.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:22   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
It's another sign of being more 2021 I'm afraid. Register on Twitter and follow ASFC, the supporters group and Andy Holt the Chairman. So much on there.......it's worth it. Get someone tech savvy or young on the family to help you. Once set up it runs itself. No maintenance or action required. Once set up, just open twitter and see the latest news and Andy Holts views instantly.....
Sorry Crown Grounder, do not like Social Media

I can still keep up to date - just a bit behind - through this and a couple of others

Old 08-04-2021, 11:06   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Most club employees; including media are still on flexi- furlough. Only essential match day stuff and mandatory EFL stuff is being put out.

We've had no income (other than EFL payments) since March 20 so very penny saved is vital.

I'll mention it when they are in tomorrow
Thanks for that Mr T, fully understand .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I'm entirely "tech savvy", thanks, I just detest the whole idea of Twitter. I also detest David Cameron, but do think he was right when he said "too many tweets make a ****" . I really don't believe the world needs to know I've just eaten a sausage bap, very nice though it was ....
Old 08-04-2021, 11:16   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
many people have a strong dislike for twitter myself included though i am on it i only go on match days.
the problem with things like twitter or facebook is that people are overusing the thing and cannot leave their tippy tappy divice alone. like everything in life a little of what you fancy does no harm. being on permanent social media or eating a big mac all the time is no good for anyone.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:31   #45
God Member

Talking Re: Main stand redevelopment

Quote:
Thanks for that Mr T, fully understand .

I'm entirely "tech savvy", thanks, I just detest the whole idea of Twitter. I also detest David Cameron, but do think he was right when he said "too many tweets make a ****" . I really don't believe the world needs to know I've just eaten a sausage bap, very nice though it was ....
I hope that was a VEGAN sausage Chimer, or you will be an outcast on Social Media...……. Oh wait a minute?????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..