Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2016, 06:54   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Mansfield

Heard no boos at all on the clayton end,suspect thats just an excuse.?
Old 28-09-2016, 07:04   #17
God Member

There were plenty of boos aimed at the referee on multiple occasions
AccyMad likes this.
Old 28-09-2016, 07:18   #18

Two points off second place.

The division has been kind to us. No one really piling on lots of points as we have had (with the benefit of hindsight perhaps) an inevitable period of getting new players settled in.

Does a tight division favour us for the rest of the season? We should still be able to grind out draws when we play badly which may compensate for the lack of power up front? Does it work like that or wishful thinking?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 07:26   #19

I think Coley cost us last night with his first half tactical jiggery pokery and he knows it: hence his tetchy interview.

Vyner on the right wing!
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 07:50   #20
I am Banned

Dan Jewell has reviewed Sean's offside goal with a referee, the goal should of been given
AccyMad, yonmon, choirboy and 1 others like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 08:13   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Heard no boos at all on the clayton end,suspect thats just an excuse.?
none from the moan stand either which was surprising after a 45 mins of nothing but bad passing, poor marking and wrong decisions all over the pitch. did improve second half but as others have stated with chalked off goals, penalty not given and a referee more suited to an under 14,s game plus the substitutions or lack of them. we always strugle however against big sides that press us. for me its 2 points lost and not 1 won. as for the crowd numbers it was totally disguisting we could not muster over a thousand fans after what has happened over the recent weeks.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 08:20   #22
Senior Member+

I thought Mansfield closed us down very well in the first half and deserved to go ahead with a brilliantly taken free kick, Stanley were allowed more time on the ball in the second half and produced many good chances, I don’t know if there is some history with Billy Kee and the match Referee but it seemed every time Billy got near the ball the Ref. blew up for a foul against him, in the end maybe a draw was a fair result
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 09:12   #23
Senior Member+

Having just watched Coley's post match video I think that he misunderstood about the "Booing" which was actually aimed at the inept referee and a couple of Mansfield players who tried to bait the Clayton End fans!

Some quotes form Coley;
1) "A lot of time wasting very stop/start!"
.....According to BBC Stats there were 40 free kicks awarded during the game but only three bookings!
2) "An 'interesting' performance from the referee!"
......ten years ago Coley would have had a right verbal go at the ref and would probably have got sent to the stands!
3) "Well, he's 'invented' a free kick on the edge of the box unfortunately for us!"
......The Mansfield player clearly slipped as he tried to turn, just ask any fan who was behind the Clayton End goal. Having said that it was a quality finish which took a slight deflection too.
4) "We have a similar incident and he blows and everyone in the ground thinks he has given a penalty and he's given a free kick against Jordan Clarke! So, staggering really!"
......I thought that it was one of the most obvious penalties in the history of football! Clarke was pushed in the middle of his back and went careering head over heels!
5) "It will be interesting to see Shaun McConville's goal that was disallowed 'cause everyone on the pitch is adamant that he's onside and it was a very late flag as well which makes you think that the linesman wasn't 100% sure!"
........Difficult for us on the Clayton End to tell at right angles to the linesman's view but from our players reactions I would suggest that the goal should have stood.

The Mansfield players cleverly took advantage of the ref's ineptitude and got away with climbing all over the backs of our players more and more as the game went on!

Most matches where 15 to 20 free kicks are awarded would yield about 5 bookings so in a match of 40 free kicks you could expect the ref to have made 10 bookings! Which would also probably have resulted in a couple of sending offs too..........but........Was the match a 'Dirty' match?.....not at all!

Referees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 09:16   #24

I don't think there's much point in being annoyed at the people of Accrington for not coming to matches.

People have limited budgets and may well have splashed half-a-season's worth of games on the trip to West Ham alone!

Also, who do you actually get annoyed with? The person who has no interest in football? The person who works on saturday? The person who doesn't even have two 'appennys to rub together? Really, like all businesses or entertainment industry it's about encouraging the people who MAY be interested to come along. Andy Holt is doing a good job in improving the ground, Coleman is doing wonders on the pitch.... is there enough Google Page Ranking? Are more creative ways of getting people along being progressed?

My missus, with no connection to Accrington and not a massive football fan just loves going to matches. Actually gets very excited about it. It costs £9/match on a season ticket, we even sing along sometimes. If she can get the buzz then others can.
Old 28-09-2016, 09:41   #25
Senior Member+

Anyone have a link to extended highlights ? I was sat in the stand near the away end and really want to see the disallowed goal again and that dodgy non penalty decision.
Clearly missed Brown and Conneely. On to the next one .....
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 10:42   #26

Took Daughter on last night who's 11 for first time this season I'm sure last year it was £15 for me and free for her, £30 last night probably too steep for me to go much this season. Shame but £10 for a child especially on a school night midweek seems a bit high ?
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 12:55   #27

If you had bought a loyalty card I think you would have paid £35 (£20 for card, child free, adult £15) and thereafter cost for adult and child £15 per game.

If I am right I'd be a bit annoyed nobody told you when you bought the ticket.
Old 28-09-2016, 13:45   #28

Getting people hooked on the club and going to the games as a habit feels like the right way to go. It's not like a big club where you can go to the occasional big match and supplement it with lots of telly. You're probably either a Stanley fan that goes a lot or completely not arsed?

They've got a great season ticket price that makes that emotional and physical commitment possible. £9/game is fantastic once you've had a taste and like what you see. The only barrier I can see is the initial outlay. £400 for two tickets as the holiday period looms may prove impossible for some. I wonder if they could do interest free loans on them? See all the games for £17/month.

A few other things that I feel have drawn me in:
1. The sense of history - Accrington could actually have a brilliant museum if they wished. The club that wouldn't die.
2. Clayton Road end atmosphere. However, I the first 10-12 games I went to we sat in the main stand and it did lack atmosphere. The Clayton end maybe a little intimidating perhaps. However, the fanzone is there now. I'd really try to make this part of the ground as much as a focal point as possible. Encourage more people to go there.
3. Social media - holt and burgess tweet a lot as does asfcofficial....plus this forum...all helps to keep interest going.

I imagine it's not easy, growing a football club but ASFC has loads going for it.
Old 28-09-2016, 15:07   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
If you had bought a loyalty card I think you would have paid £35 (£20 for card, child free, adult £15) and thereafter cost for adult and child £15 per game.

If I am right I'd be a bit annoyed nobody told you when you bought the ticket.
Thanks for that just looked it up, do remember reading something before the season started but no one offered it last night ?? She's 12 in a few weeks so unfortunately thats that idea out of the window, oh well thats a shame.

Last edited by Shurm; 28-09-2016 at 15:09.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 16:15   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Thanks for that just looked it up, do remember reading something before the season started but no one offered it last night ?? She's 12 in a few weeks so unfortunately thats that idea out of the window, oh well thats a shame.
If what I said is right I'm sure you will still be able to get one for this season as your kid will be <12 when you apply.

We're not in a position to be turning away (semi) regular support or making it hard work for them.

I was challenged before the Crewe game on entry (despite being season ticket holder) and I 'd have thought they'd be pulling bodies of the street to fill the ground that night.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..