Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2016, 17:00   #31
I am Banned

Re: Mansfield

Still look on bright side were 5 games unbeaten
AccyMad likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2016, 18:36   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post

I was challenged before the Crewe game on entry (despite being season ticket holder) and I 'd have thought they'd be pulling bodies of the street to fill the ground that night.

why were you challenged?
are you one of the 'lucky' concession holders who still looks under 65?
I remember a cup game, several years ago, when the turnstile lady insisted on taking only £3 from me, the concession price.
I was 58 at the time!!!
I'm now 71, so, officially an OAP!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 19:14   #33
Full Member+

It was a poor game all round. It was a game we should have won as we know from last season one draw would have seen us through, Mansfield beat us last season at home as well. I hope we don't regret this at the end of the season. However we will get games like this and we need the resolve to beat teams like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 19:32   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It was a poor game all round. It was a game we should have won as we know from last season one draw would have seen us through, Mansfield beat us last season at home as well. I hope we don't regret this at the end of the season. However we will get games like this and we need the resolve to beat teams like this.
I don't remember them beating us last year
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 19:52   #35

Quote:
If what I said is right I'm sure you will still be able to get one for this season as your kid will be <12 when you apply.

We're not in a position to be turning away (semi) regular support or making it hard work for them.

I was challenged before the Crewe game on entry (despite being season ticket holder) and I 'd have thought they'd be pulling bodies of the street to fill the ground that night.
If someone from the club could confirm that I'll buy one and go when we can this season, I work most Saturdays but can attend midweek games with my Daughter.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 19:56   #36
God Member

I made the same sort of error Shurm. When I got my season ticket I could have got a free season ticket for my youngest but (thinking itd only be a couple of quid a time) couldnt be arsed to fill another form out! It bit me on the bum for the pompey game having to fork out a tenner.
Old 29-09-2016, 08:09   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just watched the video thought our keeper shoulda done better with that freekick.
Old 29-09-2016, 15:56   #38

Better? Better?

That's a bit harsh Cashy. Rifled in off the crossbar. Sight obscured by a 5 man wall....I'd concede it wasn't entirely unstoppable, but it would be a save of the season contender that would have been required.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 18:20   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Better? Better?

That's a bit harsh Cashy. Rifled in off the crossbar. Sight obscured by a 5 man wall....I'd concede it wasn't entirely unstoppable, but it would be a save of the season contender that would have been required.
Well will have to disagree LordD, if that was a save of the season required to stop that, having watched it about 8/9 times i cannot see where yer coming from.
Old 29-09-2016, 18:25   #40

By Jove you might be right! It does sort of beat him above his head rather than him having to dive to his right.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 18:48   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
By Jove you might be right! It does sort of beat him above his head rather than him having to dive to his right.
Well hes done very well, but to me that wasn't. i couldn't see proper on the night but thats plain as day in my eyes
Old 29-09-2016, 19:13   #42

Still not clear how Chapman was out of the side.
Other than Donny hes been good and improving every game.
monkey hanger likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 19:44   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Still not clear how Chapman was out of the side.
Other than Donny hes been good and improving every game.
Thats summat that baffles me, he got our first 2 clean sheets, then we never seen him again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..