Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2016, 08:55   #1

Mansfield

We seem a bit depleted going into tonights game.

I reckon Coley will go Lacey and Hewitt in Midfield and Rommy wide right tho I would personally have Clarke wide right and Romy up front.

Gornell to replace Rommy after 60 mins.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2016, 09:33   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Mansfield

With the squad we got this season,i aint unduly worried, meself i would start Gornell along with billy n drop romy back a little. but anyway i'm happy,
Old 27-09-2016, 17:02   #3
Senior Member+

I think that it is quite important to get THREE points tonight at HOME against Mansfield as we have two away matches coming up. Should we get all three points tonight we could well move into a play off position too.
Our form is quite good and although we have a couple of injuries and one suspension the larger size of the squad that Coley has assembled should pay off tonight.
Coley has talked at length about the importance of the Stanley supporters on the Fishy site and I would like to stress again the respect paid to the 93 who went to Colchester!
Coley wants the players to lift the fans and the fans to lift the players tonight!
So on the terraces and in the stands, let's all respond in the well known way that we can with 90+ minutes of constant singing, clapping and giving it all for the team on the pitch!
COME ON YOU REDS
ON STANLEY ON
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 17:35   #4
God Member

Agree with Cashy, I've no issues with whoever gets the nod to start tonight - the only thing that bothers me is the ref, apparently Darren England is the man in the middle tonight
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 18:21   #5

No Boco. I always feel comforted when he's starting. Gornell is a bit of an unknown quantity to me, so a chance to get to know the lad.

Combined with Hewitt and Lacey it's a big change, enforced though it is. Thankfully we have a master tactician who seems to know what he's doing.

I am going for a nervous, scrappy first half then some inspirational changes after an hour and a narrow win.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 20:48   #6

1134 fans with 136 from Mansfield, 998 Stanley fans!
Old 27-09-2016, 20:54   #7

i pondered on Beckles supposed poor distribution skills tonight as he pinged that 50 yard laser pass out to Clarke. What a player he is - albeit probably made to look better tonight against a poor Mansfield offence.

Ref was awful, but in the end our customary poor first half cost us. Typical that it was another long range shot that beat our rock solid defence.

Clark needs to be brought into the game more. He's ace. Maybe Vyner should be giving a bit more on the right?

Other standout thought - Terry may have the better song but Boco is so much better than Gornell....
AccyMad likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 21:09   #8
God Member

Poor game to watch tonight ruined by a ref that never let the game flow we were missing 3 key players and it showed leaving Boco out left us with little or no pace going forward and did,nt think either team deserved to win although thought there was nothing wrong with our disallowed goal, thought we could have done with more than one sub being used but a draw is better than getting beat poor turn out tonight less than a thousand home fans atmosphere very flat tough game away at Cambridge Saturday who seem to be turning a bit of a corner let,s hope some players are back.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 21:17   #9

Felt it was a cagey game first half.second half we where better side although like we where at home frequently last season did not create a bundle of chances. there goal was a good hit. Referee was poor apart from the advantage he allowed in the build up to our goal. The defence was its now customary solid unit. It just feels like these are the games if we want automatic promotion we need to convert to 3 points(or am I over ambitious)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 21:32   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Poor display against a very poor side, (aint scored a league goal since Aug 27th) poor ref, poor substitution Rommy should have been brought on much sooner, poor crowd, a very poor Reward for the people that travelled last week.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-09-2016, 21:34   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Agree with Cashy, I've no issues with whoever gets the nod to start tonight - the only thing that bothers me is the ref, apparently Darren England is the man in the middle tonight
You were absolutely right to doubt the referee's ability AccyMad!
He was absolutely USELESS!!

According to the BBC Statistics 40 free kicks were given tonight and only 3 players were booked! Mansfield got away with climbing on the backs of Stanley players so many times and really should have had a dozen more free kicks awarded against them. Our players were also guilty of some needless fouls as we gave too many free kicks away for pushing players in the back, albeit fairly gently! The referee also missed an amazingly obvious penalty fairly late in the match when either Clark or Lacey, (not sure which one it was), overlapped down the right wing into the box and was shove so blatantly off the ball with the referee only about 15 yards away and his assistant level with the play at a similar distance. If it wasn't a penalty then why was our player not booked for 'Simulation'?
The ref simply spoiled the match for me, and by the criticism levelled at him from around me, he spoiled it for many other fans too and probably the players as well! Neither side could get going because of the constant disruption to play.

We missed both Coneely and Brown tonight and I thought that we were playing with a couple of passengers in the first half. That's not to say that the lads coming in were poor it is just that Coneely takes control in midfield and bosses the match quietly with brown buzzing around doing all the running! We were much better in the second half and really we should have won the match IMHO. Pearson, Donacien and Vyner and keeper Elliot were all solid again but the outstanding player was Beckles. He fully deserved his Man of the Match award tonight. He was calm and skilful in defence, his distribution was very good and he was up there causing mayhem in their penalty box for the goal that we did mange to score!
A very frustrating night for the Stanley faithful and probably even more so for the players and for Coley and Jimmy too!

Come back Mr Kettle!

Last edited by choirboy; 27-09-2016 at 21:37.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 22:30   #12
Full Member+

Not a god point but still a point. It is looking like we will stay up.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 22:57   #13
Full Member+

On a bit of a side note, the half time over 50's kick around was more entertaining than the Stanley Mansfield first half. The team playing the Stanley shirted fogies had travelled up from Weston-Super-Mare which is 215 miles away!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 06:10   #15
God Member

I didn't hear any boos either, at least not towards our lads - there one or two directed at a couple of the Mansfield players as they were being subbed, young Zorro received some disapproval as did the one who the Clayton End seemed to know worked in a bank - at least I think that's what they were chanting at him
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..