Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2014, 08:48   #1
Senior Member+

Mansfield Match Thread.............

Deano back from illness??? Thought Atkinson had a decent game at York, would be harsh to drop him again.

Moly MUST start for me.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2014, 09:04   #2

Re: Mansfield Match Thread.............

Absolute 100% must win game of the season. With Wycombe playing Northampton tomorrow, gives us the chance to be either 7 points in front of one of them or 6 points clear of both. (would prefer the latter)

With tough away games against Southend and Oxford coming next, don't want to be sweating on the Wimbledon game.

A win tomorrow and we are safe - Simple as
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 09:10   #3
Resting in Peace

It depends who JB thinks can cope best with their incredible hulk, Rhead, up front. A Parkin/Akinfenwa -type player of the kind we often struggle to contain.
This will be a tough test against a very physical team who are top of the form table and still have an outside chance of making the play offs. Agree about Moly, Smudgie, as much as him being needed to help the defence to contain Clucas as his attacking "wand". I'm sure James has it all sussed out!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 11:09   #4
God Member

Considering how Mansfield scored their three goals against The Dale last weekend (all headers) I'd have thought having 3 CBs and a set of step-ladders might be handy for tomorrow's game.
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 16:23   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It depends who JB thinks can cope best with their incredible hulk, Rhead, up front. A Parkin/Akinfenwa -type player of the kind we often struggle to contain.
This will be a tough test against a very physical team who are top of the form table and still have an outside chance of making the play offs. Agree about Moly, Smudgie, as much as him being needed to help the defence to contain Clucas as his attacking "wand". I'm sure James has it all sussed out!
Interesting to see if they start Clucas. Since his injury he's been brought on in the second half in the last five games and hasn't - from memory - scored. I'd fancy Tom or Deano if fit to contain him. But we do need the stepladder, looking at the highlights of the Rochdale game
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 16:15   #6
God Member

Unbelievable! Again!
Well done to the team, and, with over 2,000 at the game, well done to JB for his efforts yesterday.
Old 18-04-2014, 16:19   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Not the best display ive seen, but a welcome point.funnily enough i predicted 15 mins prior, that Kal would take the penalty.
Old 18-04-2014, 17:03   #8

A game that won't have won any new fans but at least we got a point.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 17:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman;1102874[I
]......funnily enough i predicted 15 mins prior, that Kal would take the penalty[/I].
May the spirit of Mystic Meg be upon you.
Every point is vital.
Did the extra spectators make any difference, Cashers? Or were they all on a day out from Mansfield?
Old 18-04-2014, 17:26   #10
Senior Member+

Well another point gained towards safety, which probably I would have taken before the start!!

Well done lads, for never giving up.

Onward & Upward
Old 18-04-2014, 17:38   #11
Senior Member+

on the balance of play a fair result but considering this team thrashed Rochdale 3-0 it's a great result, almost safe we are now on 51 points. last season Barnet were relegated on 51 points with a -10 goal average. my guess is Torquay & Bristol Rovers for the drop, I was nowhere near with my predictions at the start of the season
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 17:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
May the spirit of Mystic Meg be upon you.
Every point is vital.
Did the extra spectators make any difference, Cashers? Or were they all on a day out from Mansfield?
I guess that mab will be telling us that a day out from Mansfield
made the biggest difference.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 17:44   #13
Senior Member+

Memo to JB:

We like injury time goals, but we don't mind the boys scoring in normal time
Kiwi John, Div3North and Greeny like this.
Old 18-04-2014, 18:27   #14
Senior Member+

What a tough battle that was !!
The ref decided (both teams),that he would keep his whistle in his pocket and let go numerous challenges,elbows,fouls etc..and it turned into a real 1970s type game.To be fair,he was consistent,he missed everything
I don't think i have ever seen a bigger set of lads and the lively surface didn't help us one bit.(sprinklers not working !!!)
The lads who stood out for me were the battlers,ie Tom,Kayo,Dean and Hunty,it just wasn't a game for the ball players today,and would take a point all day long
cashman and yonmon like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 18:36   #15
Senior Member+

I predicted Torquay bottom, should of had a bet ! Though my prediction of Pompey as champions was a little far wrong!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..