Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2015, 11:53   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Mansfield tonight

Around 48 school leaver season tickets were actually used.
Old 19-08-2015, 12:51   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Doesnt help when the commercial aspects of the club are an absolute disaster.

The lack of matchday hospitality this season is an absolute joke..... Young Faye used to have that clubhouse packed out on matchdays.
Hospitality is available, in fact there is a new option this year
Match Day Guests ? Accrington Stanley FC

As far as I know it was busy for both Luton & Hull.
Old 19-08-2015, 12:56   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
A few months ago I mentioned that we should turn the negative view re the low numbers attending matches to a positive through merchandising Tshirts etc with the logo along the lines of "Proud to be one of the thousand" "My dad, mum brother grandad etc is one of the thousand", just wondered whether that suggestion was deemed to be a non starter as I have not seen anything since.
We can make any t-shirt, the problem is getting people to buy them
Old 19-08-2015, 13:28   #34
Senior Member+

There are match highlights on youtube/stagnet if anyone knows how to post it on Acciweb
Kiwi John likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 13:35   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
There are match highlights on youtube/stagnet if anyone knows how to post it on Acciweb
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 19-08-2015, 21:07   #36
Full Member+

I agree with most comments on the game. however I was glad to see Adam Buxton get man of the match for a change. It was a bad match to pick out the good and bad. For me Crooks was missing far to often, when he came alive he was great but only in short bursts. our strikers like josh and Billy can not afford to miss the chances on offer. with Buxton in defence made a big difference, Top player. 3 points gained next game please.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 08:29   #37
God Member

Thanks so much Dave and Footy 19.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 11:00   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I agree with most comments on the game. however I was glad to see Adam Buxton get man of the match for a change. It was a bad match to pick out the good and bad. For me Crooks was missing far to often, when he came alive he was great but only in short bursts. our strikers like josh and Billy can not afford to miss the chances on offer. with Buxton in defence made a big difference, Top player. 3 points gained next game please.
Chris,I think when Barry came on he played with Coonelly in the two with Crookes playing further forward .
Bucko is a talented player,but the most pleasing part is his "defending " is getting better.
Going forward isn't an issue with him,but he seems to be making good choices at when to attack and when to stick.
Great players in the wings tho ready for any dip in form all over the pitch !
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 20:47   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Preaching to the converted on here Choirboy, Why not give plenty of tickets to junior football clubs, I don't mean 10/15 tickets, but they obviously have a love for the game so why not get them up with a paying parent!

We can't just expect people to turn up and pay £20
I paid £48 quid for me and my eldest son to watch the Morecambe v Wycombe game Tuesday night, on top of that we folked out another £20 notes for the usual footy pints and pies, EXPENSIVE NIGHT i'd say
You can't blame the masses that are more often than not on minimum wage to keep on paying more and more when they themselves are standing still.
£20 quid will get you a decent seat at Rovers for 2nd tier standard in your case!
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..