Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2017, 08:15   #121
God Member

Re: Mansfield Town match thread

didn,t go last night but a point is a point especially against a side that are bang inform. obviously i can,t comment on our cautions but it does seem odd we got more than mansfield did as everytime i,ve seen them they are hardly choirboys.
choirboy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2017, 08:30   #122

Don't care if we went down a bit easy last night.

Evans hardly plays the game in the Corinthian spirit either.

It was imperative we stopped them getting a head of steam and shut their crowd up and so any opportunity to do this was sensibly taken.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 09:05   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
We have signed a Portuguese player on loan until the end of the season, He was not cleared to play tonight. He is available for Saturday. It sounds like we put up an almighty scrap. Look forward to Saturday. and Tuesday. two very important games. Enjoy the point.
Whoosh!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 09:15   #124
God Member

So they'd only conceded one goal at home since start of January & had clean sheets in their last three games? Kinda shows the level of effort & performance our lads put into the game, & why that nice Mr. Evans was so upset & there was I thinking he was screaming cos there were no pies left
yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 09:28   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
why that nice Mr. Evans was so upset & there was I thinking he was screaming cos there were no pies left
chips run out too and local takeaways were all ticket as well.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 09:53   #126
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
We have signed a Portuguese player on loan until the end of the season, He was not cleared to play tonight. He is available for Saturday. It sounds like we put up an almighty scrap. Look forward to Saturday. and Tuesday. two very important games. Enjoy the point.
He's signed permanent not on loan
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 11:49   #127
Junior Member+

I personally fail to see how because the ref gave us a stonewall penalty it somehow masks over the shocking decision they got.
Some of the bookings were ridiculous and so inconsistent and I stand by my previous criticism.
Only good thing to say is he added to the drama of a ridiculously good game of football. If we play like this from now till May we'll be safe. But we have to produce it. Can't fault any single player last night as they gave it their all and more in some cases. Completely different to Saturdays performance, just a shame we didn't get the 3 points our play deserved last night.
AccyStan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 12:45   #128
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
He's signed permanent not on loan
I stand corrected, I can't find where I read that he had signed until the end of season on loan. But if he does the job he is welcome aboard.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 12:45   #129

They got their penalty in the 63rd minute and ours was a couple of minutes later. Therefore as luck would have it the impact of his decision only affected the complexion of the game briefly.

Whilst I remember, that save of Rodak's on the stroke of half time looked pretty special didn't it?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..