Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 23:02   #16
Full Member+

Re: Marcus Carver, then.....

North West Evening Mail | AFC | News | Carver set for Barrow AFC return
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2015, 02:58   #17
Full Member+

And here's me thinking we signed Gornell because we're short on striking options ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:41   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems to me the lad aint been given a proper run in our side, obviously another whose face dont fit.
Greeny likes this.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:22   #19
God Member

Think the technical term is having a facial injury - there's been a few of them over the years
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:40   #20
Senior Member+

Don't know cashy, I'm not convinced he is good enough for league 2.

What you can't fault is his attitude and desire.

And he is certainly a better striker option instead of McGuire.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:48   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Don't know cashy, I'm not convinced he is good enough for league 2.

What you can't fault is his attitude and desire.

And he is certainly a better striker option instead of McGuire.
I'm not certain meself Davo? but could understand another loan if he was in his teens, The lads 21 now, so to me it should be make or break, if he aint good enough fair dos release him, but give him a run to find that answer should have happened imho.
Redraine, Revived Red and Greeny like this.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:10   #22
Senior Member+

Best option for him Cashy.
He needs to be playing to fulfill his potential and 21 is still no age.
Look at Kurtis Gutherie,dropped down a few leagues,worked his way back up and is probably ready for another pop at league football.
If he scores/plays well he will get another go,as strikers are in short supply.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:42   #23
God Member

Agree with much of the above.
Don't believe Mr.Carver has been given a fair run to prove what he can do over more than one half of a game ( unlike, say, Messrs Crooks and McGuire) but, assuming he gets games, playing for a team that are doing well will probably be both more enjoyable and beneficial for him than getting cold on the bench.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:10   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Best option for him Cashy.
He needs to be playing to fulfill his potential and 21 is still no age.
Look at Kurtis Gutherie,dropped down a few leagues,worked his way back up and is probably ready for another pop at league football.
If he scores/plays well he will get another go,as strikers are in short supply.
Have to disagree mate, The simple fact our manager has been playing lads who are not main strikers up front for the last couple of months, Carver could/should have been given a run, then if he dont come up too scratch then other options come into play, To me football19 yer defending the indefensible.We certainly couldn't have done any worse if he had been given a run of the last 4 games,
accybeme likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 06-02-2015 at 10:18.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:11   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree mate, The simple fact our manager has been playing lads who are not main strikers up front for the last couple of months, Carver could/should have been given a run, then if he dont come up too scratch then other options come into play, To me football19 yer defending the indefensible.We certainly couldn't have done any worse if he had been given a run of the last 4 games,
Think we're at cross purposes cashy,not defending any teams selections,just what,in my opinion,is the best route for young Carver to make a career in football.
Look what it did to Tom,if you have got "it",sometimes you have to change direction to get there
Red-Osbornello and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:40   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think we're at cross purposes cashy,not defending any teams selections,just what,in my opinion,is the best route for young Carver to make a career in football.
Look what it did to Tom,if you have got "it",sometimes you have to change direction to get there
The best route now i would agree, But the point to me is simple, we should NOT be at this point,without the measures i stated before. Personally i think if Carver has to do it, it will be at another club.
Old 06-02-2015, 15:22   #27
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

On loan till the end of the season to barrow
Old 06-02-2015, 15:48   #28
Full Member+

I could see this coming , and I don't think you will be the only one going out on "loan" , there are a few others who have been denied games , it is a shame. You scored the winning goal to get us through to second round of FA cup and get dropped , not very encouraging is it. Anyway good luck Marcus hope all works out well for both you and Chelsea , will miss your friendly smile and wave.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 22:05   #29
God Member

Good luck to Marcus - just been having a read of Barrow 's forum & they seem well chuffed to get him back & also surprised that we've let him go, there's no recall clause in the loan agreement apparently so if we get any injuries to our strikers we'll struggle - that clause says to me that we won't see the lad play here again & I would imagine he'll be released in the summer - damn shame if that happens but just pleased that at least he'll get to play instead of warming the bench or a seat in the stand at the Crown
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 23:03   #30
Full Member+

I can only echo what others have said on here, disappointed to see the lad "loaned" out and we've probably seen the last of the lad in the Stanley red.

He's not been given a fair crack of the whip here and I don't even think that we even started to tap into the lads potential.

Still the "messiah" knows best doesn't he......he must have some midfielder cum forward goalscoring wonder lined up....one who wins cup ties and knows where the net is ??
cashman, Kiwi John and Revived Red like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..