Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2015, 07:20   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Marcus Carver, then.....

Hope he does well,as by all accounts he's a really nice lad.
But let's be realistic,there are loads of top under21s looking for league experience in the second half of the season,so let's wait until the loan window opens and hopefully Coley doesn't make the same mistake as Crookes.
The names I've heard are very exciting !!!!
Never mind,off to Plymouth now,not feeling confident tho
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2015, 09:01   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Hope he does well,as by all accounts he's a really nice lad.
But let's be realistic,there are loads of top under21s looking for league experience in the second half of the season,so let's wait until the loan window opens and hopefully Coley doesn't make the same mistake as Crookes.
The names I've heard are very exciting !!!!
Never mind,off to Plymouth now,not feeling confident tho
Enjoy your day FA19 !!.... Any tactical information you wish to discuss ?...find me on 442433 !
Stevie R likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:53   #33
God Member

whether Carver deserved his chance or not he doesn't fit into our 'style' of play. Coleman looks to play balls into feet with the strikers back to goal, ball back to onrushing midfielders - Gornell fits that role, Gray/Carver don't. It's not hard to get your head round!

Chris Turner was a terrace favourite, old fashioned winger type but we didn't play with typical widemen, he couldn't adapt so didn't play and off he went.

Can't understand why we signed a winger though!
Old 07-02-2015, 21:28   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
whether Carver deserved his chance or not he doesn't fit into our 'style' of play. Coleman looks to play balls into feet with the strikers back to goal, ball back to onrushing midfielders - Gornell fits that role, Gray/Carver don't. It's not hard to get your head round!

Chris Turner was a terrace favourite, old fashioned winger type but we didn't play with typical widemen, he couldn't adapt so didn't play and off he went.

Can't understand why we signed a winger though!
Thats balls Rob, our style of play has just returned 5 defeats on the bounce, They say if its not broke, dont fix it!! Well its sodding well broke.
carpon and Greeny like this.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:48   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats balls Rob, our style of play has just returned 5 defeats on the bounce, They say if its not broke, dont fix it!! Well its sodding well broke.
Saying that Cashy,the preferred system got us four wins from five.
For me we are missing a bit of quality and when Jonno went so did that !!
Our front four yesterday, how many goals have they notched in the last ten games?,coincidence?,that's a big concern for me
baldy likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:32   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Our front four yesterday, how many goals have they notched in the last ten games?,coincidence?,that's a big concern for me
Exactly, the system is far from working now Johnnos gone, so needs changing imho. Look on Barrows sight, Carver is on loan, with "NO RELEASE" clause in the contract, That to me n the fact were so lightweight up front is a ruddy disgrace. We got NO dosh to buy a striker, were most unlikely in my view to get a decent un on loan, So it says to me what i have always thought, The Chosen one n his oppo have NO time fer Carver n the lads history.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:37   #37

Quote:
The system has to fit the players we have not the other way round. As Cashy says it worked when Jonno was there but now he isn't. After 5 defeats in a row can we afford to persist in the hope it will work again or do we try plan B if there is one.
cashman likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:13   #38
Senior Member+

I understand what you're saying but these lads are pros and should be good enough to carry out/implement instructions,some of the on field decision making is poor.
We got in good situations yesterday and either took the wrong option or simply didn't lift their head up.
We did ok yesterday for large parts of game,but our final pass selection once again let us down
An example was windass(who had a good game),gets behind them, if he looks up,squares it, it a tap in for terry,but instead try's to score with his weaker foot from an acute angle and balloons it high and wide.
Little things like that are cost us,just a bit of composure in the final third is needed
Redraine likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:41   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That particular ball was spinning like a top, in my view Shearer woulda been hard pushed to score.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:28   #40
Senior Member+

Absolute joke he has been allowed to go. Not a chance we will see him back in a red shirt unfortunately. I hope he fires Barrow into the conference.

Hardly got a kick and the likes of Maguire get chance after chance whilst not hitting a barn door.

And all because his face didn't fit. Disgrace.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:59   #41
Senior Member+

He didn't get a chance under beattie either.

Mainly because he isn't good enough on the limited evidence so far.

Further proven by the lack of league or conference clubs who have come in for him
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 13:18   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I wondered how long it would take fer yeh to blame Beattie.
Old 08-02-2015, 13:26   #43
Senior Member+

I'm not blaming beattie, I was making a fact based point.

Stop looking for division, we need to stay united
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 13:28   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I'm not blaming beattie, I was making a fact based point.

Stop looking for division, we need to stay united
A fact based point is Coleman has played non strikers up front n left strikers of our own out.
Old 08-02-2015, 16:34   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That particular ball was spinning like a top, in my view Shearer woulda been hard pushed to score.
That's my point Cashy,head up and square it.
It's one of the first academy principles,look,take a picture and make the right decision.
Going back to young carver,I understand why we are still running with McGuire,he is a forward (not point tho),he scored 14 from 29 starts for Waterford (which got him noticed by west ham),so it's in his locker.
He's a under 21 international so the potential is there,he's just not brought it to the table for us.
I don't know why,sometimes it just doesn't happen,but a couple of goals/wins may change that.
Saying that he was out of sorts again yesterday when he came on and made some poor decisions (not the only one !!! )

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..