Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2015, 16:41   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Marcus Carver, then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I'm not blaming beattie, I was making a fact based point.

Stop looking for division, we need to stay united
Fact we have lost two games due to the errors of Conneeley !!!
DAV007 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2015, 16:46   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
That's my point Cashy,head up and square it.
It's one of the first academy principles,look,take a picture and make the right decision.
Going back to young carver,I understand why we are still running with McGuire,he is a forward (not point tho),he scored 14 from 29 starts for Waterford (which got him noticed by west ham),so it's in his locker.
He's a under 21 international so the potential is there,he's just not brought it to the table for us.
I don't know why,sometimes it just doesn't happen,but a couple of goals/wins may change that.
Saying that he was out of sorts again yesterday when he came on and made some poor decisions (not the only one !!! )
So on those points Gray should be playing,top goal scorer under 21 international and far more experience than McGuire
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:23   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
So on those points Gray should be playing,top goal scorer under 21 international and far more experience than McGuire
But with serious issues with his balance
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:28   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Different players,grey couldn't play behind the front man.
I like Grey,and he's technically as good as gornell,but he goes to ground too easily,which usually causes us to turn over possession.
If he changes his style a little,he would be a far better player.
He's very good in the air,which sometimes goes un-noticed
baldy and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:41   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Different players,grey couldn't play behind the front man.
I like Grey,and he's technically as good as gornell,but he goes to ground too easily,which usually causes us to turn over possession.
If he changes his style a little
Everyone i know can see that fact my friend, its the fact hes a young lad, but WHY oh WHY has it NOT been coached out of him? whilst we know some players are a bit thick, Stay on yer feet, a clown could understand i'm sure.

Last edited by cashman; 08-02-2015 at 17:45.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:47   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Everyone i know can see that fact my friend, its the fact hes a young lad, but WHY oh WHY has it NOT been coached out of him? whilst we know some players are a bit thick, Stay on yer feet, a clown could understand i'm sure.
Your far more diplomatic than me Cashy
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 18:01   #52
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
He didn't get a chance under beattie either.

Mainly because he isn't good enough on the limited evidence so far.

Further proven by the lack of league or conference clubs who have come in for him
Let's put the record straight here Dav0 without distortion of the facts. Beattie did give young Carver a chance cos it was him that awarded the lad his present 12 month contract last summer. So a former prem and England striker felt he should stick with him, whilst the former non league striker now in charge virtually ignored him and in fact brought in loanees who then played out of position up front.
As for Carver showing nothing, I seem to remember it was his performance that got us through the tie with Notts County only to be dropped for the next game v Cambridge to make way for Crooks
cashman, Revived Red, mab and 4 others like this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 18:26   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer
Beattie did give young Carver a chance cos it was him that awarded the lad his present 12 month contract last summer.
But was James Beattie in posession of his UEFA coaching badges at the time? This could be why the football genius doesn't rate young Carver, because he has the badges and knows best.
smudgie likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 18:37   #54
Full Member+

You seem to have the football genius sussed, Yerself, but I couldn't possibly comment
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 23:22   #55
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Although Marcus has gone out on loan with Barrow,Marcus is still training with stanley has Barrow are part timers.So Marcus still has time to impress and force his way back into JC's plans well lets hope so anyway.....
Old 09-02-2015, 07:16   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Although Marcus has gone out on loan with Barrow,Marcus is still training with stanley has Barrow are part timers.So Marcus still has time to impress and force his way back into JC's plans well lets hope so anyway.....
In my opinion Marcus has more chance of being struck by lightening.
sparkie and smudgie like this.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:17   #57
Senior Member+

You are in dreamland Mab unfortunately.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:08   #58
God Member

[QUOTE=mab;1132641....Marcus still has time to impress and force his way back into JC's plans well lets hope so anyway.....[/QUOTE]

How can that happen, Mab, when there a specific 'no-recall' clause in Mr.Carver's loan to Barrow to the end of this season?
I can only hope Marcus wanted the move because, along with Mr.Hatfield, I otherwise think he's been treated somewhat shabbily.
Good luck to both of them, except when they up against Stanley!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:44   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
How can that happen, Mab, when there a specific 'no-recall' clause in Mr.Carver's loan to Barrow to the end of this season?
I can only hope Marcus wanted the move because, along with Mr.Hatfield, I otherwise think he's been treated somewhat shabbily.
Good luck to both of them, except when they up against Stanley!
Well neither were born on the Mersey.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:40   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well neither were born on the Mersey.
Nor have they played for Sligo!
smudgie and cashman like this.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..