Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2017, 12:31   #1
Senior Member+

Match Day Transport!

Not sure how many fans use buses on a match day but certainly a great deal to help fans get to The Wham on match days!

Rosso Bus Partner Stanley ? Accrington Stanley
Old 03-05-2017, 16:33   #2
I am Banned

Re: Match Day Transport!

Only for st holders
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 19:49   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Only for st holders
Another half empty glass, st06nc2?
Rather than only, maybe it's specially for st holders?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 20:50   #4
Full Member+

They don't go near the crown, it is the Accy-Rochdale or Bury bus, so not really much use except for Haslingdon/Baxendon fans.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 22:13   #5

I'm assuming that the fact the bus showed 'Accrington Stanley' as its destination & has been dedicated to 'Paul Mullin' would imply they intend to run to the ground???
To drop people off from the Rossendale catchment area at Accrington bus station seems a pointless exercise, as the service already exists.
They then either have to walk to the ground, or get a different local service to drop them there.
Perhaps some clarification is required from the club?
If it is a direct matchday service by Rosso, then bring it on!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:27   #6
God Member

The clarification is already in the article Lord S, it states the offer is for Stanley fans travelling into Accrington town centre on match days. Yes, the bus service already exists but the offer is for cheaper travel not to provide a direct bus to the ground.
Logistically, they wouldn't be able to do that - as the offer applies from anywhere on the Rosso bus network & with no specified times how could they?

I'm just happy that there's a bus around that's named after Paul, now if only we could borrowed it & park it across Stevenage's goalmouth on Saturday . . . . . .

Last edited by AccyMad; 04-05-2017 at 06:32.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:36   #7
God Member

[QUOTE=baldy;1193526]Not sure how many fans use buses on a match day but certainly a great deal to help fans get to The Wham on match days!

i don,t use buses to the ground , but an idea would be to run a bus from the bus station to the ground before and after games. i know there is a bus service that passes the top of livingstone rd. but doesn,t seem that regular. walking up the hill must be a no go for a lot of older fans. done it a couple of times and i,m quite fit for my age but wouldn,t make a habit of it especially as it rains for our games quite regularly.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:17   #8

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1193562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Not sure how many fans use buses on a match day but certainly a great deal to help fans get to The Wham on match days!

i don,t use buses to the ground , but an idea would be to run a bus from the bus station to the ground before and after games. i know there is a bus service that passes the top of livingstone rd. but doesn,t seem that regular. walking up the hill must be a no go for a lot of older fans. done it a couple of times and i,m quite fit for my age but wouldn,t make a habit of it especially as it rains for our games quite regularly.
Id say a shuttle bus up to the ground from the Bus Station from say 90 minutes before kick off and then again after the game would be a good move and would i.m sure encourage more people to make use of the new Rosso scheme.
Chrisr likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:48   #9
Senior Member+

The service bus from the bus station to the Crown runs every 15 minutes on Saturdays.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 16:11   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The service bus from the bus station to the Crown runs every 15 minutes on Saturdays.
But not a Rosso one meaning youd have to pay again and after the game there.d be one bus and that would be it
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 21:13   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
But not a Rosso one meaning youd have to pay again and after the game there.d be one bus and that would be it
The short hop to the ground or clayton is very expensive, it costs more than going to blackburn and stops in the early evening that way too.

The rosso buses routes are for Rossendale, no one will use the stanley offer, why no one at the club looked at where and what time time the buses ran seems daft. The buses to Bury stop very early, and to Rochdale too early for evening games, the last bus on an evening to Rossendale is 9.52pm, so not good for footy fans with evening games finishing around 9.40 and the bus station a good mile away. Not may fans walk the 6 mph required, and if they did they would not get bother with buses.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 21:19   #12
God Member

Does it matter if nobody uses it?

We now have a mobile advert traipsing up and down East Lancashire on a daily basis.
Old 05-05-2017, 21:56   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Does it matter if nobody uses it?

We now have a mobile advert traipsing up and down East Lancashire on a daily basis.
But does anyone seeing it really care? Would they even know who Paul Mullin is? Will it boost the crowds to a noticeable effect?

I would hazard a guess that the answers are probably not. therefore what is the point other than advertising for Rosso buses because up to now I've never heard of them.

Fair enough it may be something for nothing to some people but it's more than likely no good to most.

Perhaps we would be better concentrating on ways of getting people from Accy to games first because most times I'm down no one seems to know there's a game on or those that do don't seem to care.
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:17   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post

But does anyone seeing it really care? Would they even know who Paul Mullin is? Will it boost the crowds to a noticeable effect?.
No, no and no. However, anybody in advertising will tell you that success is a numbers game and the more times our name and badge is seen out there, the more it will affirm our standing in the community.

Also it could act as a prompt, when you see the bus, for either people looking for something to do or for those that needed to contact the club for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Perhaps we would be better concentrating on ways of getting people from Accy to games first because most times I'm down no one seems to know there's a game on or those that do don't seem to care.

There's a truth in there. Regardless of the local fans, would the Clitheroe contingent spend more at the ground if transport was laid on cheap? Would the outlay be recouped in beer/pies/programmes sufficiently enough to gamble on attracting new fans? Multiplied by Darwen, Haslingden ...
Old 06-05-2017, 17:26   #15
Full Member+

I could suggest the bus could pick up at the railway station and then onto the bus station then up the hill to Livingstone road, the bus can turn around at the bottom and do a return run. This could be say 4 trips before the match. The railway station is awkward to get to and from.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

« 3rd eye | Pitch »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..