Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2021, 08:53   #16
God Member

Re: Match day walk on prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I would be astounded if it wasn't about making money, 12,000 fans pay £5 more and about 1,000 pay £5 less. Makes sense from a business perspective to fleece away fans and part time home fans, especially if demand is ends up greater than the capacity of the ground for the bigger games. I doubt Wigan will be in the top four crowds though.
whilst i agree with your comment i do not think fans are being fleeced by a long way. the price is published pre season and not a last minute decision to hike up prices when the club expects a big gate like a cup game.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2021, 20:26   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
whilst i agree with your comment i do not think fans are being fleeced by a long way. the price is published pre season and not a last minute decision to hike up prices when the club expects a big gate like a cup game.
Has there been any news on the Loyalty Discount Cards for the coming season ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2021, 20:41   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Has there been any news on the Loyalty Discount Cards for the coming season ?
Just seen the other thread

Bigger question might be will there actually be such a thing as " Match Day Walk Up Prices " because you can be sure Balmy Boris and his mates are bound to come up with yet another scheme to make peoples lives more difficult.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2021, 06:07   #19
God Member

Quote:

Bigger question might be will there actually be such a thing as " Match Day Walk Up Prices " because you can be sure Balmy Boris and his mates are bound to come up with yet another scheme to make peoples lives more difficult.
My point exactly on the season tickets thread as regards to being rules made clear and left to the individual, unlike the ever u- turning government.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2021, 08:47   #20
God Member

Quote:

agree. hate those clubs that charge more for a walk up price on the day of the game. there are many reasons why you cannot make the game on the day after deciding you,d go anyway. i know there are all ticket games that could sell out before the day but are few and far between at the wham.
Old 26-07-2021, 10:32   #21
Senior Member+

Surely Wigan will bring a sizeable crowd now they have a new owner and they seem all back on side with their club?

Could ASFC do a bundle where you can buy all “Cat A” games for £20 per game?

Could be an idea for the club to promote the “Cat C” games to potential new fans with it only being £15?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-07-2021, 10:57   #22
God Member

well i for one turn up to a game to watch stanley. the opposition has never been a factor for the reason to attend or not. just do not get this difference in pricing unless its to recoup money from away fans. you cannot guarentee as a home fan that one game will be better than another because the opposition has more famous a past than another.
Old 26-07-2021, 12:15   #23
Full Member+

I'd imagine in an ideal scenario the charges would solely be passed over to the away fans, however EFL rules don't allow this. Hence the differences in prices for Home fans also.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 12:41   #24
God Member

Post Re: Match day walk on prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
I'd imagine in an ideal scenario the charges would solely be passed over to the away fans, however EFL rules don't allow this. Hence the differences in prices for Home fans also.
Unlike the Premiership where because prices were getting out of hand they all agreed to cap charge for away fans at £30.
Old 26-07-2021, 12:44   #25
God Member

I remember a good friend of mine who never missed Blackburn rovers games home and away, when Stamford Bridge was being redeveloped they moved away fans into a small area and charged them £85 a ticket for the privilege, remember saying to him can't remember how long ago it is now are you crackers.
Old 26-07-2021, 13:27   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Surely Wigan will bring a sizeable crowd now they have a new owner and they seem all back on side with their club?

Could ASFC do a bundle where you can buy all “Cat A” games for £20 per game?

Could be an idea for the club to promote the “Cat C” games to potential new fans with it only being £15?
Not sure that is allowed mate??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 09:37   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Unlike the Premiership where because prices were getting out of hand they all agreed to cap charge for away fans at £30.
about time every club in a certain league all charge the same anyway. one price in every division with the same reductions for kids and pensioners. another plus point for clubs getting promotion as they,d be able to charge more and fans cannot knock em for doing so.
cashman likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 11:12   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
My point exactly on the season tickets thread as regards to being rules made clear and left to the individual, unlike the ever u- turning government.
thing is andy circumstances changing dictate u-turns i think. its easy to blame someone i think.we all want things to suit us.
Old 31-07-2021, 18:29   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thing is andy circumstances changing dictate u-turns i think. its easy to blame someone i think.we all want things to suit us.
Perhaps that might be an acceptable point in the past, but 18 months on the continuous u-turns are a clear sign of a rudderless ship.
The best way to avoid u-turns is to know where you're going and have competent people at the wheel.
Old 31-07-2021, 18:41   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Perhaps that might be an acceptable point in the past, but 18 months on the continuous u-turns are a clear sign of a rudderless ship.
The best way to avoid u-turns is to know where you're going and have competent people at the wheel.
Disagree M.P.s know sod all about medicines etc from all parties,the advice comes from so called professionals Sage being the one, in my opinion they are as much use as breasts on a fella.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..