Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2008, 15:01   #16
God Member

Re: Match Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Has anyone got a method of remotely turning off Kiwi John's alarm. Pretty sure he gets up in the middle of the night to tune in.
Not quite, 3:45 AM to be precise....bit of a bummer..I shall go back to bed for a couple of hours more zzzzzs.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2008, 15:01   #17
Resting in Peace

Only one guess allowed.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 15:19   #18
Senior Member+

Was talking at work yesterday of coming over for this but decided against because I was doubtful it would go ahead.

With a difficult round trip of 170 miles (roughly 4.5 hours) just as well wasn't it?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 15:21   #19
Resting in Peace

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1150018 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1150018 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid">Here we go again!

"Sounds like Accrington need to learn that if they want to play in the big professional league they need to act like a bigger professional club.

Pesuading a local ref to keep a match on when it seems it was so obviously not fit for purpose is amateurish in the extreme.

I suspect AS is quietly pleased we are not playing on a bog and being brought down to their level with all the risks of injuries as well."
<!-- / message -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid"><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --></TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 15:33   #20
Resting in Peace

Feel sorry for both sets of fans with game called off so late. But went I got there and saw pitch it didn't look fit to play with big grass less penalty area at town end and sidelines in same shape.
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 15:44   #21
God Member

I was puzzled this morning when they kept saying there were no problems but had called a football league official in for an early inspection. I thought that was totally contradictory
Old 19-01-2008, 15:58   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post

With a difficult round trip of 170 miles (roughly 4.5 hours) just as well wasn't it?

Average speed 38 mph !! was you coming on your bike ?...
Old 19-01-2008, 16:25   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Not quite, 3:45 AM to be precise....bit of a bummer..I shall go back to bed for a couple of hours more zzzzzs.
Sod's law... Gretna 2 up and you are missing the moment
Old 19-01-2008, 16:31   #24
Full Member+

Absolutely pathetic that the decision to call the game off came at 2:00p.m. Was dropped off outside the Crown at 2:45p.m. and thought it looked a bit quiet. Was greeted by some Brentford fans who told me the news that the game was called off at 2. They sounded totally P****d off and who could blame them !!

Whoever made the decision to leave it so late to make the call to postpone the game should hang their head in shame. After the week of weather we've had, surely it only takes a modicum of common sense to make an educated decision. Obviously whoever did make the decision doesn't have any.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 17:01   #25
God Member

no way should that game should have been called off that referee should be sacked.......
Old 19-01-2008, 17:05   #26
God Member

Did you see the state of the pitch ? looked alright at the Clayton end and in the centre but the Accy end wasn't good, surprised they said it was Ok at 10AM

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 17:10   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERHAMPTON REDS View Post
Average speed 38 mph !! was you coming on your bike ?...
Yes its dreadful isn't it?

I have to negotiate York Harrogate the Keighley area Crosshills (roadworks usually) and Colne en route.

Going back is a bit quicker normally get home at 1910 hours.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 19:47   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316
I have to negotiate York Harrogate the Keighley
Is it not quicker over Blubberhouses down the A59 from Harrogate?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 19:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
I was puzzled this morning when they kept saying there were no problems but had called a football league official in for an early inspection. I thought that was totally contradictory
I agree, very:

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 20:35   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
the Keighley area Crosshills (roadworks usually) and Colne en route.
I took that route to Bradford today and those Crosshills roadworks are a real pain.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..