Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2017, 16:33   #1
Senior Member+

Match Thread - FA Cup v Luton Town

Copied and pasted this from an earlier 'Match Thread' as it applies to all our matches.........

Yet another MASSIVE MATCH for The STANLEY.
.......They are ALL BIG MATCHES these days it seems!
That "TWELFTH MAN" on the terraces is really needed today!

COME ON THE REDS
ON STANLEY ON.

This time it is the FA Cup 3rd Round v Luton Town, at home Saturday 7th January 2016.

I am sure that Coley and Jimmy and the team will have been working on the psychology of developing that 'Winning Mentality' or 'ruthlessness' that we have perhaps lacked this season. Cup matches need to be won at the first attempt really especially when drawn at home. So I fully expect the Stanley team to be really going for it tomorrow. At stake is a healthy winning bonus but possibly a very large bonus if we won and then drew a big club.........

COME ON STANLEY
PLAY UP FOR THE CUP YOU REDS
KEEP THE FAITH
cashman and yonmon like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 06-01-2017 at 16:40.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2017, 18:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Match Thread - FA Cup v Luton Town

Oh dear....look what I've found to cheer our hearts !.

Man in the middle: Darren Deadman - hugely experienced official who is now in his 14th season, showing 99 yellows and five red cards in his 28 games this season ,

Still, it could have been worse I suppose ?.

ON STANLEY ON... TO GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 19:03   #3
God Member

Not good news for us at all, our record in matches with Mr.Deadman in charge doesn't make good reading - still, suppose things could change tomorrow - there's a first time for everything
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 19:10   #4
Senior Member+

McGeehan out with broken leg, great player, wish him a speedy return, see they have signed D'ath from the cobblers as cover, FA cup magic Stanley to win
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 20:05   #5
God Member

This may be just my tablet, or it may be just the FA's incompetence, but there is no mention of Stanley's game agin Luton on the sweet FA's official web site.
The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - Competitions | The FA
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 20:28   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This may be just my tablet, or it may be just the FA's incompetence, but there is no mention of Stanley's game agin Luton on the sweet FA's official web site.
The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - Competitions | The FA
try page 2 match no. 31
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 20:42   #7
Full Member+

I shall not be in attendance tomorrow, Just as well as with this referee our chances of winning which were slim have been drastically reduced. It is a sad day when you just know the ref is going to spoil a game.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 21:54   #8
Senior Member+

From all your comments it looks like we will all be on 'Referee Watch' tomorrow!
yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 00:34   #9
Full Member+

No mention of ticket sales in the articles on the front page of the ASFC site involving the game.

Either sold out or not on sale now, or the people running the club think money is not really needed. Shambles.

Last edited by Chewbacca; 07-01-2017 at 00:37.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:53   #10
God Member

i,ve just got a funny feeling we,ll all be happy by 5 tonight. don,t know why its probebly because a lot of us have written the game off for one reason or another. its just stanley i suppose.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:16   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
No mention of ticket sales in the articles on the front page of the ASFC site involving the game.

Either sold out or not on sale now, or the people running the club think money is not really needed. Shambles.
Might not be too clear but in the 'match info' section it gives prices, says it's an all pay game & that you have to get a ticket before going through the turnstiles so it seems it's just the usual match day process to me.
Hope so, I haven't got a ticket yet as decided to wait till today to make my mind up & after my first week back to the grind after the Christmas break I think I need my Stanley fix so will be at the ticket booth early with money in my grubby mitt
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:11   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Might not be too clear but in the 'match info' section it gives prices, says it's an all pay game & that you have to get a ticket before going through the turnstiles so it seems it's just the usual match day process to me.
Hope so, I haven't got a ticket yet as decided to wait till today to make my mind up & after my first week back to the grind after the Christmas break I think I need my Stanley fix so will be at the ticket booth early with money in my grubby mitt
And I hope that you will find it to be money well spent !... glad that your grubby little fist is on the mend !.

See you there !

KTF
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:12   #13
Senior Member+

Can anyone clarify, does a 3rd round stub guarantee you a 4th round ticket?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:49   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Can anyone clarify, does a 3rd round stub guarantee you a 4th round ticket?
keep it just in case, if we did manage to win and draw a high profile club at home in the next round i imagine there will be meltdown on here if anyone who goes today can,t get hold of one because of sponsors etc.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:54   #15
Senior Member+

surely monkey hanger, they wouldnt do that!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..