Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 22:33   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Match Thread V Oldham

The general opinion on Oldham message boards is that Oldham played badly against 'a team that Uppermill could have beaten' and, anyway, it's a pointless competition. Lots of praise for the Ultras, though (once again)!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2009, 22:38   #92
Senior Member+

Match reports from Latics' fishy site:
1st half: Oldham Athletic | News | News Update | News Update | HALF TIME REPORT: ACCRINGTON STANLEY
2nd half: Oldham Athletic | News | News Update | News Update | FULL TIME REPORT: ACCRINGTON STANLEY
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 22:56   #93
Senior Member+

Well heres some more news from another of my 'insiders'!!! lol

Jimmy is currently waiting for xrays, but the general feeling is that he may not have broken his leg but has sustained a serious leg wound. My source will be in contact in the morning to update me!!! lol
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 23:10   #94
Dan
Senior Member+

Evening
The Oldham club doctor says he thinks Jimmy has torn a muscle in the front of his leg as a result of a gash - hence the blood. He was apparently sent to hospital for x-rays as a precaution, and the initial fear was that he had in fact broken his leg. The hope is that's not the case, and we'll hear more from the club in the morning.

For a few details on the injury and the other talking points on the game, go to 2br - where you'll be able to hear Coley's reaction.

Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 23:19   #95
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Lets hope so DAN And thanks for the up date
Old 01-09-2009, 23:26   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers fer the link Dan.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36   #97
God Member

Crackin' result. Can we have more of the same in the league please!?
Most decent Tuesday I've had in a while, even though the Oldham whisky gave me jungle flu. Booo.
Thought John Miles was bloody brilliant tonight. For me his best form always comes when he's played on the left side of midfield. As said in another thread, the new lad did well too.
Hope Jimmy's alright. Well done yellow men.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:20   #98
God Member

Over the moon when I got the result. Fantastic...sorry to read about Jimmy R-get healed quickly chum.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:20   #99
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

up date taken off fishy site..Later in the evening there was further good news from the hospital in Oldham as the club was told that midfielder Jimmy Ryan had only suffered a gashed leg in the second half after being stretchered off with a suspected fracture... This is very good news for Jimmy Ryan and for Stanley
Old 02-09-2009, 06:28   #100
God Member

Just seen Phils strike on S.S.News, great goal...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:43   #101
Senior Member+

thank goodness the injury to Jimmy Ryan isn't so serious. Lets hope for a very speedy recovery and he is back playing his brilliant best - terrorising the defence and goalies in League 2 and future cup campaigns

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:21   #102
Senior Member+

Ah hopefully thats superb news about Jimmy, we literally looked a different side when he played in the 2nd half. Dont agree with the point about Miles, way to greedy for me and very inaffective again
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02   #103
Senior Member+

A lot of credit must go to coleman,in the first half when oldham looked set to run riot,he moved the new young cb out to rb and brought edwards into the middle.There centre forwards looked less of a threat
He then brought on Ryan for Joyce who was playing ok,which seemed to turn the match,although Oldham moved there best player,marrow,from the middle to rb ! allowing acci to dominate the middle of the park.
Acci s football again was first class and didnt resort to lumping it
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:10   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
A lot of credit must go to coleman,in the first half when oldham looked set to run riot,he moved the new young cb out to rb and brought edwards into the middle.There centre forwards looked less of a threat
He then brought on Ryan for Joyce who was playing ok,which seemed to turn the match,although Oldham moved there best player,marrow,from the middle to rb ! allowing acci to dominate the middle of the park.
Acci s football again was first class and didnt resort to lumping it
fer my money if they don't resort to lumping it stanley are a match fer any side in bottom 2 divisions.
Old 03-09-2009, 19:16   #105
God Member

Question Re: Match Thread V Oldham

The Football League | News | Johnstone's Paint Trophy | JohnstoneÂ’s Paint Trophy | TROPHY ROUND 2 DRAW

What will be the best tie for Stanley from this draw??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..