Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2015, 17:59   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Matt Crooks Signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
injured.....but was hoping to play in next game
Makes sense now,hope he doesn't rush it.
He may be desperate for a game but will only set him back,that's from experience !!
Chubbyman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2015, 18:25   #47
Senior Member+

Some people need to realise, just because a player is in an attacking position, doesn't mean it's easy enough to just get the shot off. If I remember rightly by the time he had got to the 18 yard box he had 2 or 3 defenders around him!

As already said, at that point in the game we just needed to slow the game down slightly and take the pressure off our defence, His hold up play does seem quite good in what I've seen of him so rather than him giving possession away for a goal kick and them going up the other end and equalising it wasn't such a bad thing he took his time!

Also, yeah he didn't cover himself in glory in the Yeovil games, does that mean we shouldn't back him for the next year and a half of his contract?
football19 likes this.
Old 26-02-2015, 11:58   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

Also, yeah he didn't cover himself in glory in the Yeovil games, does that mean we shouldn't back him for the next year and a half of his contract?
No baldy hes a stanley player now n should be backed, all it means to anyone wi a grain of sense that the lad should be played in the position hes made for. NOT n attacker,
Old 26-02-2015, 13:08   #49
Senior Member+

Everyone knows he was played up top to try and hold the ball up and bring others into play.
He's not a goal scorer as he record suggests.
Coley thought he could do that better than Carver or Grey at that.
Doesn't matter who scores but Acci get a result.
Take Gornell in our playoff season,was excellent but went 13 games at the end without scoring but did the job asked of him.
He was recently quoted as saying he was disappointed but for me he did a job.
For me it was exaggerated by the fact our "three"wernt scoring enough as well.
baldy likes this.
Old 26-02-2015, 16:22   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
For me it was exaggerated by the fact our "three"wernt scoring enough as well.
Not even McConville?? OMG, what have I said??
Red-Osbornello and yonmon like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 17:38   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not even McConville?? OMG, what have I said??
Ha ha , i meant the three behind Crookes
Old 26-02-2015, 18:42   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I would go as far as saying he is the worst player ever to put on the red shirt.
There speaks a man that doesn't remember Justin Jackson!! Lol
maccawozzagod likes this.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 18:43   #53
Senior Member+

I certainly do remember JJ
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 10:50   #54

I remember him getting booked as a sub before he'd even got on the pitch at Stevenage, when we were in the conference.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 14:53   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The Burton players covered well and the angle narrowed for Crooks. He made the right decision at that time in the game to retain possession; we actually made another chance just after that because he did so. Those who lambasted the lad should go and watch under 9's play kick-and-rush on a Saturday morning - it's the only way they'll be happy.
Spot on. And at York most of the chances we made came through him. Thought he defended admirably from the front against Burton.

In worst player stakes he is certainly no Fola Onibuje.
Old 27-02-2015, 17:19   #56
God Member

Good interview with the lad on fishy site, bless 'im - I reckon we should draw a line under what happened (or didn't happen ��) when he was here on loan & let him start afresh, welcome to the Crown Ground Matt
baldy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 17:39   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
There speaks a man that doesn't remember Justin Jackson!! Lol
Or Paul Crichton or Alan Rodgers??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 17:42   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Good interview with the lad on fishy site, bless 'im - I reckon we should draw a line under what happened (or didn't happen ��) when he was here on loan & let him start afresh, welcome to the Crown Ground Matt
Hear Hear one thing he as got is a big physical presence and he isn,t afraid to use it welcome back lad and I for one hope you are a success.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 18:06   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Agree,good honest interview and I hope he gets an opportunity to show what he's all about in a position he's more comfortable in.
Old 27-02-2015, 18:17   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Hear Hear one thing he as got is a big physical presence and he isn,t afraid to use it welcome back lad and I for one hope you are a success.
I'm sure all true fans really hope he is a big success, regardless of whether or not we have criticised his performances so far!
baldy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..