Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2010, 21:51   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Michael Symes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Read between the lines of his interview - he will sign only if no one who takes his fancy comes in.
He is indirectly touting himself in the press to other clubs.
don't really blame the lad, i thought similar, don't like it, can understand it.
Old 28-02-2010, 22:21   #92
bdc

I like Symes as a player but I think he owes Stanley another season. They took a chance on him and have turned him into a good player.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 22:23   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I like Symes as a player but I think he owes Stanley another season. They took a chance on him and have turned him into a good player.
a very reasonable point, as is how many people would change jobs given better wages n conditions. though thinking about it - it was down to coleys good judgement, ya gotta remember stanley aint in any position to buy strikers,or much else fer that matter, it aint really giving anyone a chance its down to what we can cadge/scrape n coleys judgement,IMHO.

Last edited by cashman; 28-02-2010 at 22:29.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 22:34   #94
bdc

Fair point Cashy but without Coley where would Symes be today? Being honest I don't think he would be playing week in week out at another team. We have given him a platform for him to show how good he is but he does owe us a debt of loyalty.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 22:56   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its a catch22, stuff like this will always be the case at clubs like ours, i would love him to stay.my prediction is if turner gets a good run, symes will fire us into the playoffs.

Last edited by cashman; 28-02-2010 at 23:02.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 14:36   #96
Senior Member+

im just hoping we can get him to sign a deal for next season.

Coley has given him the chance and look what he has achieved.

He is in a no-lose situation if he signs for us again anyway.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 17:31   #97
Senior Member+

His stock has never been higher, negotiate the best 2 year deal you can at ASFC fella, then do the business & go to the Championship for a fee......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 18:51   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
His stock has never been higher, negotiate the best 2 year deal you can at ASFC fella, then do the business & go to the Championship for a fee......
Well said Jase.
Old 01-03-2010, 19:36   #99

I feel for him to stay we will have to at least make the play offs, which on our current run of form isnt gonna happen and also the state of affairs the club off the field is in. i know that if things dont change symesy wont be the only 1 to move to pastures new IMO
The clitheroe kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:50   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The clitheroe kid View Post
I feel for him to stay we will have to at least make the play offs, which on our current run of form isnt gonna happen and also the state of affairs the club off the field is in. i know that if things dont change symesy wont be the only 1 to move to pastures new IMO
may not be the case i think, symes has to keep producing the goods, or no bigger club may come in fer him, who knows? willie miller made the best point about this situation i reckon,
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15   #101
God Member

interesting piece in the Lancs Telegraph regarding Symes future

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:37   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
interesting piece in the Lancs Telegraph regarding Symes future
Woulda been more interesting,if ya had told us what it said mate.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:31   #103

Here it is
ACCRINGTON Stanley top scorer Michael Symes has admitted that tomorrow’s fixture at Cheltenham Town could be his last game for the club if he receives an offer from a League One club this summer.

Symes is out of contract and is biding his time over the new deal offered to him in January, increasing the possibility that he could leave on a Bosman free transfer.

The 26-year-old is aiming to make it to 20 goals for the first time in his career with a strike at Whaddon Road, but says he does not want to does not want to stay in League Two for too much longer.

“We’ll just let the season finish and go from there,” said Symes, who is known to be admired by Keith Hill – manager of promoted Rochdale – among others.

“We’re still talking and I’m just waiting for them to get back to me.

“I don’t think I would leave here to go to a club in the same league. It would have to be a division above.

“I don’t think anyone would mind if I went to a higher division.

“Everyone who starts off, you don’t play football to stay in League Two all your career.

“You want to play as high as you can and I’m no different than anyone else.

“We’ll see what happens.”

Stanley – currently 13th – go into their final game, kick-off 3pm, targeting a top half finish. That can be achieved if they win and Shrewsbury lose at Port Vale.

Cheltenham need a point to ensure their Football League survival, although they will only be relegated if Grimsby overhaul a deficit of three points and six goals, with Barnet also winning.

“We’ll try our best to finish in the top half,” said Symes.

“If I can get 20 goals I’ll be happy. The last couple of seasons I haven’t played much football, so to have a good run of games under my belt with no injuries has been brilliant. It couldn’t have gone any better really.

“It is my highest career total for a season and that’s pleasing, but whenever I’ve played games I’ve always scored goals so it was just a matter of getting a good run of games. Then I’m confident I’ll always score goals
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35   #104
God Member

Lot of 'I's' & 'me's' in there, comes accross as a tad selfish & doesn't mention being grateful for the chance of regular games he's been given at Stanley.
Maybe it's just the way the questions were asked, but with the way his form's dipped he could be lucky if he's courted by a league one club, presume then he'd be happy to stay at least until a better offer comes along.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:05   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

seems fair enough to me, can understand what he's saying. would hate to lose him, but that will always be the scenario at a small club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..