Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2019, 11:40   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Milton Keynes Dons Match Thread (H)

Good article from Jimmy Bell on site now, agree with it 100%
choirboy likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 14:07   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I could not agree more. How great to see a left winger getting to the byline and crossing the ball. We all know (and presumably every opposing manager and defender knows) that McConville will always cut inside to use his right foot. Given a little more time, I think that the forward line on show yesterday could prove quite a handful.
I agree on this point too........
The forward line looked more balanced with two definitely playing together up front, 'The Bishop and King Charles', and two wide players taking on full backs left and right, Clarke and Pritchard. So importantly getting to the goal line in order to pull the ball back to onrushing forwards.........Always been my favourite ploy!
Perhaps though, we could have subbed Charles in the last fifteen or twenty minutes as he was shattered having run himself into the ground.
These two are definitely building a good relationship up front. Bishop reminds of
Paul Fletcher at Burnley in the early seventies. Fletcher had the ability to jump high and then 'Hang' in the air to get his headers in!
I thought that Zaine Francis-Angol had a good steady game at left back. No histrionics, he was calm on the ball and played his part in much of the good play down the left, linking well with Pritchard and the midfield. Down the right Clarke was at his best and we had good link up play with Johnson often over lapping.
My only concern was that we still looked a bit susceptible to our opponents running swiftly at us from midfield into the centre of our defence. I was so nervous every time this occurred.

Finally, what a splendid playing surface we now have.....
Thanks Andy and well done Buzza! All those hours riding the mower up and down have certainly paid off

Last edited by choirboy; 01-09-2019 at 14:10.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 14:12   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I would really like to see Phil Edwards given a start on tuesday night, i'm convinced he can still do a good job for us.
Old 01-09-2019, 14:20   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I would really like to see Phil Edwards given a start on tuesday night, i'm convinced he can still do a good job for us.
Me too Cashy, He looks fit and ready to go!
Great Tan!
Old 01-09-2019, 14:47   #50
Full Member+

I would like to see the PIE WARMER switched on sooner then I can try a hot M&P pie
choirboy likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 14:48   #51
God Member

It was great to see 'our Phil' on the pitch in a Stanley shirt again yesterday, even if it was only for 5 minutes, as his little lad said to me after the game 'finally!'
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 15:06   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Im 99% sure he will be starting mate.
cashman and choirboy like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 15:14   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good summary from Clarky also on site now.
choirboy likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 17:53   #54

Have to admit I share same concerns regards are goalie and centre backs that smudgie outlines. But I think we concede alot of goals as well down Johnson's side. He is excellent going forward but not the best defending.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:08   #55
God Member

still not convinced about johnsons defending either. keeper a decent shot stopper and thats it. hughes a season older unfortunetly. hard to imagine a goaless draw this season.
keep the faith likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:34   #56
Senior Member+

Forgot to comment about the ref on Saturday.
At half time I honestly thought that he had done ok but at full time I thought he’d had an awful second half.
One correct yellow in the first half then a strange rash of SEVEN yellow cards in the second half. I couldn’t fathom some of his decisions at all late on in the match! He didn’t seem to favour one side. He just seemed to get lots of decisions wrong!
Then to play NINE minutes extra when the board showed five to be played was just perplexing. Even allowing for a one minute delay for an injury NINE minutes was just ridiculous!
cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:55   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to me he lost control of the game completely second half, still its par for coarse these days i have seen better refs in local games the standard in league football is chronic.
choirboy likes this.
Old 02-09-2019, 20:52   #58
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Just incase you haven't seen the hi-lights click on the link https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ey-2-1-mk-dons
Old 03-09-2019, 17:16   #59
Senior Member+

Just a funny aside from Saturday.
Guy comes up to me “are you 28 ?”
Response “no I’m 62”
I’m Yonmon from the forum !
Nice to meet you Sir.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..